Urgent How to Avoid the Wuhan Vaccine. Pepper that Angus.

Would you claim needlephobia to escape the vaccine?

• Total voters
Covid-19 vaccination: Needle phobia - it's the jab, not the vaccine, some fear
By Ella Wills
BBC News

1607636579514.png

A mass vaccination programme against Covid-19 is set to begin in the UK on Tuesday. While the government is working to ease the fears of those who are worried about safety, some people have a more primal fear - needles.
"My heart would be racing. My mind saying, 'calm down, it's going to be fine' but also, 'it's terrifying, it's going to really hurt you'. Then 'you don't know this person, so you can't trust them'. I would be thinking of ways to get away from it."
Raelene Goody, 31, who has cystic fibrosis, an inherited condition that causes lung infections and problems digesting food, regularly requires injections, including an annual flu jab.
But from the age of four to her late teens, she suffered from severe needle phobia that would leave her "shaking" and often meant she had to be sedated.

"It's like when you are really scared of something like spiders and snakes and you want to run away. It's a similar feeling, except it is a needle," she says. "Apparently I punched my dad in the face once, but I was so petrified I can't remember it."
Raelene's severe phobia of injections, known as trypanophobia, in her younger years is not uncommon. Some others have a more general fear of needles, known as belonephobia. Studies show such a fear is highest in children and decreases with age. Nevertheless, it affects up to 10% of the overall population, according to charity Anxiety UK.
Despite her phobia, Raelene, from West Sussex, was still able to go through with her flu vaccination each year, although it could sometimes take hours to administer the jab.

Read the rest of the article here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55175483

Personally if I am selected and pressured to do the vaccine I will fake panic attacks and anxiety. I have never been scared of needles even as a child.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
You guys will too eventually. But at least we won't have to take out credit card loans to cover the costs.
I ain't getting one. This thing has been rushed in and its efficacy is unknown in real environment. It looks to me the UK government just wants to tick off a box and say they took measures.

I ain't getting one. This thing has been rushed in and its efficacy is unknown in real environment. It looks to me the UK government just wants to tick off a box and say they took measures.

I agree. The government can't issue it immediately though. They still have to go through the formal process and even then the government will have have a list of priority groups that go first. Due to my age and health I'm hoping that by the time they get through everyone else they will run out of funds. :mjpls:

They will make you an offer you cannot refuse. If they offer universal basic income in exchange for getting the vaccine. The vast majority will have no choice.

They will make you an offer you cannot refuse. If they offer universal basic income in exchange for getting the vaccine. The vast majority will have no choice.

But what if they get diagnosed with needlephobia which prevents them from the injection to prevent potential psychological trauma ? :hmm:

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
All these years and billion dollars later, no cure yet for HIV/AIDS but they somehow miraculously cooked up a vaccine for Covid in less than 1 year?
Sounds a bit dodgy to me

Trending

Latest posts