Update on the construction of the tallest tower in Somalia (Dahab Tower)

I had thought they fobbed this off after some investors pulled out. Good to see it’s still going ahead
Naah this is still going ahead and construction is currently ongoing. Dahab Marina was a flop though as such a large project was unfeasible. I’m hearing they are going to return with a realistic estate which is more managable

XuseenS

Guul iyo Gobanimo
I had thought they fobbed this off after some investors pulled out. Good to see it’s still going ahead
It seems that only Dahab Marina was cancelled, which is understandable. However, this building will probably not be completed until 2026 I guess.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Naah this is still going ahead and construction is currently ongoing. Dahab Marina was a flop though as such a large project was unfeasible. I’m hearing they are going to return with a realistic estate which is more managable
Is there anything projecting how this will end up looking like once complete? like a new rendering, only thing I can find is the old Marina stuff

Last edited:
State of the Art Building

1. Total Energy Management System
  2. High Performance Glazing
  3. Energy efficient modern HVAC system
  4. LED Sensor driven lighting system
  5. Modern Sanitation & Treatment Sewerage Plant
  6. Grey water & Black water treatment plant
  7. Basement parking system
  8. More than 220 Parking bays
  9. Smart Building
  10. 5G Ready
  11. Predictive maintenance System
  12. Security
  13. AI led security system, modern barrier technology
This building is sounding good for investing and renting it out as an AirBNB for all the visitors to come.

I heard people are buying units of this apartment building with some already putting 30% deposit like they do in Nairobi. It will take 2 years max to complete if that’s the case.

I'd invest but after living in a townhouse, apartment isn't just appealing.
The apartment life style is not very common in Somalia but I’ll tell you why you should invest in apartments in the heart of muqdisho for now till somalia adopts freeway systems with exits in the cities.

Land price: land is expensive in prime areas the price did one plot plus the construction is 3x if not more the price of one apartment unit.

No freeway/highway system: it will take you an hour to get to anywhere so living in the heart will save you time and stress of commuting.

The apartment life style is not very common in Somalia but I’ll tell you why you should invest in apartments in the heart of muqdisho for now till somalia adopts freeway systems with exits in the cities.

Land price: land is expensive in prime areas the price did one plot plus the construction is 3x if not more the price of one apartment unit.

No freeway/highway system: it will take you an hour to get to anywhere so living in the heart will save you time and stress of commuting.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apartments are shady needs more regulations and more red tape before I'd suggest it as an investment. Don't get me wrong it's a good option if you want to live on rent. But bad investment.

Apartments are shady needs more regulations and more red tape before I'd suggest it as an investment. Don't get me wrong it's a good option if you want to live on rent. But bad investment.

Places like Spain and Turkey over 80% of the people live in apartments mostly owners. They don’t do the shady apartment rules like Somalis do in Nairobi where the building owner pockets the servicing money.

That's an old clip, the construction is way past that foundation stage. This photo was taken 6th December 2022
1681661504146.png

ZodiaK

VIP
They also built this.

Welcome to the new Shangani, first steel structure building in Somalia!

1681663165881.png

"Happy to see that our Shangani building is contributing to the beautiful skyline of the new Mogadishu"

1681663202761.png

Jungle

VIP
This project stalled like their Dahab Marina where they built a road leading to the land which did more damage than good. . At the least the tower is underway

Cali Mahdi aun building is still tallest building in Muqdisho, no shame to be over taken by a company like Dahabshiil.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
These clowns think wealth is about buildings, it's about ur ppl wallet on a 'mass scale'. The ppl of rural village in any western country of 5000 ppl has more money then ur whole nation population combined. Then u have idiotic clowns still in the diaspora and locally building TOWERS not actual long-term JOBS to put money in their ppl wallet at a mass scale.

U wonder why I want PL out of Somalia or why I want Confederation or Hybrid federation model, if we all go down your silly economic path, their no way to compare who is better. Let Hamar go down the 'building' towers path, while PL goes down the manufacturing path, then we bring economists to judge who is wealthier when they see millions of puntites with money and long-term jobs, while all u have is petty buildings that produce not a cent.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
These clowns think wealth is about buildings, it's about ur ppl wallet on a 'mass scale'. The ppl of rural village in any western country of 5000 ppl has more money then ur whole nation population combined. Then u have idiotic clowns still in the diaspora and locally building TOWERS not actual long-term JOBS to put money in their ppl wallet at a mass scale.

U wonder why I want PL out of Somalia or why I want Confederation or Hybrid federation model, if we all go down your silly economic path, their no way to compare who is better. Let Hamar go down the 'building' towers path, while PL goes down the manufacturing path, then we bring economists to judge who is wealthier when they see millions of puntites with money and long-term jobs, while all u have is petty buildings that produce not a cent.
Your such a clown I swear to god, u be always hating when something good happens in a place that is not where your clan lives, why are you acting like dahabshiil is the government or something for them to build factories. Also why are you acting like this tower is for decorations when tons of shops and offices would be available for people to rent in which it would great benefit the people

Trending

Latest posts