Status
Not open for further replies.
At present, millions of dollars get pumped into Somalia through development projects and aid, yet the average citizen does not see a penny of this.

All that will happen is what is happening in other African countries. A few elite politicians and their business friends will get wealthy.

Nobody holds them accountable for the millions that is being funnelled into private overseas accounts, imagine Billions.

You need money to make money and politics is a business in Somalia.

They fool you with their rhetoric and qabyaalad but behind doors, they're all friends. Their allegiance is not to Allah, not to Somalia and not to their clans. Their religion is stealing $$$$$.

Case in point, DENI/Aaran Jaan (Puntites) and DAMUL JADIID (HAG).

SomaliMVP

Somali chauvinist
They fool you with their rhetoric and qabyaalad but behind doors, they're all friends. Their allegiance is not to Allah, not to Somalia and not to their clans. Their religion is stealing $$$$$.

Those at the top all know eachother. Qabiil doesn't matter. They all work together when it comes to making/stealing money. That is why there will never be a final constitution in Somalia. It would stop the corruption. If you paid for votes to get elected you need to be corrupt to get a return on your investment.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Bunch of loud mouthed Hawiye Mooryaans are sitting next to me as we speak in a restaurant. Their weird Somali dialect makes me sick to my stomach. I'm leaving this miserable restaurant and I didn't even finish my plate.

Stop being negative! it's not like we can do much being in the west. Either we use our resources like any other country or continue to be broke.

Last edited:

Farm

VIP
Somalia is 50 years away from using any oil revenue properly imo, the institutions just aren’t there from the constitutional courts ( there isn’t even a constitution) to anti corruption measures. Imo if PL did it alone we could achieve all this in 5 years with the right leadership, while the FGS can never as there is too much division and of course al shabab.

The Problem is talking about corruption is a Taboo in the Somali society. Every Group has their own way to distract the population from this issue. Corruption is one of the major evils which destroys a society...But our politicians are intelligent enough to keep the focus elsewhere. One of their major Phrases you will hear :

Somalia: "Yes there is corruption but...We are still in fight with terrorists...Somaliland are Somalidiid...We have to close the kanaals for all the maamul goboleeds....

Somaliland : "Yes there is corruption....but look at Somalia there are even worse...We have to keep our peace...We need to have sabr for ictiraaf...Puntland and Somalia are our enemies ...Farmaaaajoo !!

Puntland: "Yes there is corruption but ....The Jegaan are invading our territory, they are our enemies.....We are fighting Alshabab in the mountains....We have to keep our peace...Tukaraq...."

Somali politicians are all the same. Useless, Corrupt without any memorable achievements. They only thing they may change is their group. One who was yesterday dropping the somalia-Phrases will today drop the phrases of Somaliland and vice versa. Cause Somalia, Somaliland and Puntland are all like companies where they make financial benefit and it is very easy for them to change the employer.

So in my opinion it is very unlikely that oil will be explored and if so, it won't benefit the folks.
Forget about Somalia stick to PL and try to challenge the system there cause this is more reasonable. I will do same for SL. As for the South their Problems are way more complicated than ours....Oil should be their least concern.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Somalia is 50 years away from using any oil revenue properly imo, the institutions just aren’t there from the constitutional courts ( there isn’t even a constitution) to anti corruption measures. Imo if PL did it alone we could achieve all this in 5 years with the right leadership, while the FGS can never as there is too much division and of course al shabab.

In a decade oil will be useless.

We are digging NOW

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
At present, millions of dollars get pumped into Somalia through development projects and aid, yet the average citizen does not see a penny of this.

All that will happen is what is happening in other African countries. A few elite politicians and their business friends will get wealthy.

Nobody holds them accountable for the millions that is being funnelled into private overseas accounts, imagine Billions.

You need money to make money and politics is a business in Somalia.

Case in point, DENI/Aaran Jaan (Puntites) and DAMUL JADIID (HAG).
Great! Finally your starting to understand this game called ex-Somalia:ehh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts