Unrest in Ceerigaabo - Maakhir incoming?

Mudug_gyal

لا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّه
VIP
How about every clan rule their land? Thats the true federalism.

Mudug_gyal

لا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّه
VIP
See this sounds great in theory but then you will instigate 100 new conflicts as contested territories are fought over bitterly.
Samaroon independence when? I personally cant point fingers at SL when PL would do the same thing if people tried to form a state within it

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have to be a nation to have more than one clan. Any political project be it a FMS or anything else will have clan tensions and so if it is exacerbated and celebrated in one part it will have reverberations in other places and it can't be contained to just secessionist projects. Could be the end of Federalism really.

Fragmented and waring and self-isolating small clan fiefdoms won't make a country.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Puntland never claimed to be a 'nation' nor is it secessionist.

It addresses the first sentence you wrote. You only seem to highlight tensions in Somaliland because it secessionist but these tensions exist in every FMS within Somalia, so if it's highlighted and celebrated (like this thread does) then you can't contain the fall out. It's actually much more dangerous to the future of Somalia which has many more clans.

Hmm, then actually carry on. What were you saying about Isaaqland?

Last edited:
It addresses the first sentence you wrote. You only seem to highlight tensions in Somaliland because it secessionist but these tensions exist in every FMS within Somalia, so if it's highlighted and celebrated (like this thread does) then you can't contain the fall out. It's actually much more dangerous to the future of Somalia which has many more clans.

Hmm, then actually carry on. What were you saying about Isaaqland?
I highlight tensions because I wish for the place to do well and I don't like what I am seeing.

I'm not clocked in with the politics , I'm more Maakhir leaning tbh
Maakhir would never happen coz it doesn't meet 2 state quota. It's only half of 1 state.

SSC is the best option with having a rotation on Presidency between Dhulbahante and Warsengeli

Compared to Puntland where you don't even get a rotation on the Vice President let alo President.

Trending