United States must stop sending Aid to UN Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRACO

VIP
UN is interfering in internal Somali affairs and funding jihadist terror troops . The solution is to not fund UN Somalia or the FGS.

#SayNoToTerrorismSomalia

They should stop because they destroy every economy they touch. the UN is known for destroying local crops in favor of their cheap gmo corn pellets.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
They should stop because they destroy every economy they touch. the UN is known for destroying local crops in favor of their cheap gmo corn pellets.

You're right but @DRACO has a totally different reason for being against aid in Somalia.

To your point...

Cutting off aid should be supplemented with high impact skills training in agriculture or other fields.

The few that can't work will be supported by those with new jobs instead of "free" US corn leftovers.

Most people would prefer to stay in a comfortable position even if it means a lower standard of living... at the detriment of their kids futures.

You have to give them a push for their own good.

At the same time I don't want anyone to die from starvation.

Last edited:
You're right but @DRACO has a totally different reason for being against aid in Somalia.

To your point...

Cutting off aid should be supplemented with high impact skills training in agriculture or other fields.

The few that can't work will be supported by those with new jobs instead of "free" US corn leftovers.

Most people would prefer to stay in a comfortable position even if it means a lower standard of living... at the detriment of their kids futures.

They’re dying from starvation anyway. All this does is prolong the suffering

I agree. The government should ban Aid money until they show full transparency as to how it's spent. Aid money just encourages lazy corrupt politicians to steal some of the money for their own personal gain. If they wanted to help they would help us build up a navy and intelligence agency so we can track shabaabs movements and prevent Gulf countries funding them. Why is amisom still here ? and why haven't they trained our army to high standards yet?

DRACO

VIP

To your point...

Nonsense, I have no problem with them sending aid at times of need (e.g drought relief aid ) but I’m against them creating a aid based economy

UN is a joke of an organisation.

They have received $10s billions of dollars in aid for Somalia, yet Somalia is regressing in all fields.

Someone posted on here that the average UN worker in Somalia gets 64,000$ a year, yet the average Somali barely receives 1000$.

They refuse to buy Somali locally produced food instead of buying more expensive grain from abroad leaving our farmers unable to sell

They refuse to employ Somalis or teach Somalis in areas like healthcare and education preferring to bring people abroad leaving Somalis with relevant skills out of work and not training the next generation of those workers.

And as this post shows, they seem to support khawarij who destroy and kill civilians all across Somalia.

The UN only things short term and what benefits their organisation and its employees rather than what's best for the people they're meant to help.

Honestly, as crazy as it may sound, I think if all the money the UN receives were given to corrupt Somali officials, they would put it to better use than the UN does.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
They’re dying from starvation anyway. All this does is prolong the suffering

They can at least start of by buying the their supplies from Somali farmers.

That provides jobs, kickstarts commerical agriculture and feeds starving people.

This won't just pay for farmers.

The farms need fertilizers, chemicals for food processing and the infrastructure for its logistics...

However they'll never do that as the whole point behind aid is to further subsidize their own farmers and kill the competition.

:francis:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending