Union to Balkanize Somalia

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
One of the principles of the Union is the largest viable blocks. Somaliland in 1960s colonial borders is the prime example for others to follow. I think Puntland should work with it's southern neighbour to form a larger block.
Why should anyone respect your british made borders? Every clan for themselves including awdal and khatumo. If you don’t respect being within somalia’s borders then why should anyone respect somalilands? Double standards no?

:cosbyhmm:Serious question

Would you sell your kidney so that Somalia could balkanize or would you not?

I think we have to understand it's already happening.

I think we have to understand the benefits of it happening in an orderly way.

I think we need to create a framework to facilitate the best possible outcome. That's why I made this thread to come up with ideas. We need to learn how to think about balkanization, normally people are just dooming about it but we need to be able to think about it rationally.

Why should anyone respect your british made borders? Every clan for themselves including awdal and khatumo. If you don’t respect being within somalia’s borders then why should anyone respect somalilands? Double standards no?

I appreciate your ideas but that's not gonna work for the union. If we have too many countries it can't succeed.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP

I think we need to create a framework to facilitate the best possible outcome. That's why I made this thread to come up with ideas.
Unfortunately ictiraaf is not in somalilands cards. It will forever be part of Somalia it seems…
fortune teller gypsy GIF

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
I thought you guys were allies? Why are you so jealous of djibouti? Is it because they have the ictiraaf that you want so bad?
Djibouti is the natural enemy of SL. Only naive qabiilists believe that we are friends. Berbera port is the natural competitor of Jabooty port

the sheer stupidity and naivety of people that argue for somalia to be balkanized sometimes makes me think that the people that came up with the 60 iq theory were actually onto something, you think your little qabil states would be allowed to exist in peace and things would magically get better? :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa: you would be swallowed up by kenya and ethiopia instantly. if you truly want this then you better get to practicing your oromo and swahili tongue as thats the only thing you will be speaking from then on :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

I think we need to create a framework to facilitate the best possible outcome. That's why I made this thread to come up with ideas. We need to learn how to think about balkanization, normally people are just dooming about it but we need to be able to think about it rationally.
Balkanization is not viable. If we did Balkanize, there will be clan violence in some states.

It's clear the Federal Republic of Somalia failed due to a simple case of disunity.

The FGS had no incentive to work with the FMS because of it's external support.
The FMS had incentive to work together but didn't, some were not even internally unified and so could not wrestle with the FGS.

Two layers of government that both failed because of a lack of unity.

This is why a propose a new group, unified in one simple aim towards the orderly balkanization of Somalia.

If this group can become unified in this quest then the shameful chapter of the Somali nation can finally be put to rest.

In order to do this, the members of this group must decide and agree on:

1) Partition map with and accepted borders.
2) Post-partition arragnements - travel, trade, security, resource arrangements, protection of minority rights.
3) Decide on new members to facilitate and coordinate the most viable partition arrangment possible (working towards the biggest viable blocks)

Obviously, there's a great deal of depth to these arrangements but the important thing is there should be a unified front on this matter with clear and defined aims and thinking about the day after. The Union of balkanizers doesn't have to be perfect it just has to be better than the competition.
There is no way this doesn't end in Great Ethiopia so no which if you forget was the reason the North opted for union to begin with!!!

There is no way this doesn't end in Great Ethiopia so no which if you forget was the reason the North opted for union to begin with!!!

What's stopping them now? Only the rules based order which would also protect the new Somali states but beyond that as part of the partitiion settlement, there will be a Somali NATO like agreement. Each group now with it's own sovereignty and free from far away domination, will be more willing and ready to help the other.

What's stopping them now? Only the rules based order which would also protect the new Somali states but beyond that as part of the partitiion settlement, there will be a Somali NATO like agreement. Each group now with it's own sovereignty and free from far away domination, will be more willing and ready to help the other.
Rules based order is basically finished sxb.

Even if it isn't, that's a terrible thing to rely on lol. Somalia needs to be united and powerful to deal with Ethiopia we don't need to be divided and carved up piece by piece like Al Andalus.

'Somali NATO' would have a chance of working for actual countries allying not a bunch of bantustans that can't do shit

Rules based order is basically finished sxb.

Even if it isn't, that's a terrible thing to rely on lol. Somalia needs to be united and powerful to deal with Ethiopia we don't need to be divided and carved up piece by piece like Al Andalus.

'Somali NATO' would have a chance of working for actual countries allying not a bunch of bantustans that can't do shit

Somalis are not going to unite under one far off sovereignty in Mogadishu that much has been proven. Give more people sovereignty and people are more likely to respect one another and deal as equals.

Somalis are not going to unite under one far off sovereignty in Mogadishu that much has been proven. Give more people sovereignty and people are more likely to respect one another and deal as equals.
A strawman I didn't say anything about Xamar

I only said your 'solution' would lead to our extinction.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
I appreciate your ideas but that's not gonna work for the union. If we have too many countries it can't succeed.
Im not even against the idea of balkanization, its just that your selling point is not appealing. You’re for balkanization so that because your a clan supremacist who wants other clans to be you sidekicks. No one will accept that

What I don't understand is why ppl think a balkanized Somalia would be beneficial for us

Please correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it just speed up Kenya and Ethiopia's dreams to finally take over Somalia?

Im not even against the idea of balkanization, its just that your selling point is not appealing. You’re for balkanization so that because your a clan supremacist who wants other clans to be you sidekicks. No one will accept that

I'm not a supremist. You divide people into clans, sublans, that's why the spirit of the union is to work towards the largest viable blocks. The side kick phenomenon you are talking about is domination. It can happen anywhere at any time to any group. If there are more centres of power (up to a point) the problem can be relieved because people will be closer to a centre of power they can influence.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
Nah I don't like that idea. Too small. You must stay as part of Somaliland.
Somalilands main reasons for wanting secession is they don’t benefit from being in Somalia and self determination

Does awdal not deserve self determination?
Awdal looks like a wasteland and has been given no investment or care by somaliland
Therefore using your own somaliland logic they have a right to secede

Trending