Union to Balkanize Somalia

It's clear the Federal Republic of Somalia failed due to a simple case of disunity.

The FGS had no incentive to work with the FMS because of it's external support.
The FMS had incentive to work together but didn't, some were not even internally unified and so could not wrestle with the FGS.

Two layers of government that both failed because of a lack of unity.

This is why a propose a new group, unified in one simple aim towards the orderly balkanization of Somalia.

If this group can become unified in this quest then the shameful chapter of the Somali nation can finally be put to rest.

In order to do this, the members of this group must decide and agree on:

1) Partition map with and accepted borders.
2) Post-partition arragnements - travel, trade, security, resource arrangements, protection of minority rights.
3) Decide on new members to facilitate and coordinate the most viable partition arrangment possible (working towards the biggest viable blocks)

Obviously, there's a great deal of depth to these arrangements but the important thing is there should be a unified front on this matter with clear and defined aims and thinking about the day after. The Union of balkanizers doesn't have to be perfect it just has to be better than the competition.

Last edited:
Why should she respect your wishes? If you don't respect @Hotchick12 self determination, why should anyone respect yours?

We are trying to be sensible here. I wouldn't even let Jubbaland leave, it needs to take more land with it. The new Somali states will contribute to it's security budget as part of the partition settlement.

This is not about self-determintion anymore. It's about being pragmatic and sensible in the face of state failure.

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
We are trying to be sensible here. I wouldn't even let Jubbaland leave, it needs to take more land with it. The new Somali states will contribute to it's security budget as part of the partition settlement.

This is not about self-determintion anymore. It's about being pragmatic and sensible in the face of state failure.
So this argument of yours is based on contemporary problems like state failure, rampant corruption, and a plethora of other third-world problems? If your argument is not rooted on a lasting problem, like ethnic or religious differences or a strong case for the right to self-determination, I fail to see why anyone should take your case seriously.

Awdal will be bigger than Djibouti We deserve self determination, why does everyone get to have a qabil state, we don’t, anyway the capital city of Awdal will be on seylac, we will unearth our historical city for tourism purposes, maybe make an ancestral holy city for other Somalis to come and visit, three ports to service the hinterland of Ethiopia with samaroon merchants taking precedent. Great the balkanisation will begin starting with the recognition of Awdal.

So this argument of yours is based on contemporary problems like state failure, rampant corruption, and a plethora of other third-world problems? If your argument is not rooted on a lasting problem, like ethnic or religious differences or a strong case for the right to self-determination, I fail to see why anyone should take your case seriously.

Yeah we don't need whataboutism and trying to slide Somalia into the regular african country camp. Somalia's problems are way worse and not solvable. Somalia tried Federalism to overcome the difference and ofcourse it didn't work. What other scheme do you have? Balkanization is really the only option. If Somalia doesn't deliberately balkanize, it will balkanize anyway but on way worse terms for each of it's constituent parts. Without sovereignty each region will be forced to deal on worse terms than it could otherwise acheive.

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
Yeah we don't need whataboutism and trying to slide Somalia into the regular african country camp. Somalia's problems are way worse and not solvable. Somalia tried Federalism to overcome the difference and ofcourse it didn't work. What other scheme do you have? Balkanization is really the only option. If Somalia doesn't deliberately balkanize, it will balkanize anyway but on way worse terms for each of it's constituent parts. Without sovereignty each region will be forced to deal on worse terms than it could otherwise acheive.
I'm not advocating for anything I'm not for, nor am I against balkanization. All I'm saying is that I'm not buying the soup you're selling. It sounds like a double standard where you can force your made-up borders on others.

I'm not advocating for anything I'm not for, nor am I against balkanization. All I'm saying is that I'm not buying the soup you're selling. It sounds like a double standard where you can force your made-up borders on others.

Here's the deal.

Puntland smelled finally that the FGS doesn't want to deal with them properly . Tomorrow it will be another part of the country. This disorderly process of regions going and making deals with foreign governments is in no ones interest.

That's why the Union of Balkanizers must succeed in its mission.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
Somalia will keep somaliland forever
Somalia can’t even control the hinterlands outside of its capital and is occupied by thousands of foreign troops. Sorry but non-coastal Awdal community is surrounded. Awdal either remains with SL or it is given to Ethiopia. SL & Ethiopia will never let Jabooty expand

Somalia can’t even control the hinterlands outside of its capital and is occupied by thousands of foreign troops. Sorry but non-coastal Awdal community is surrounded. Awdal either remains with SL or it is given to Ethiopia. SL & Ethiopia will never let Jabooty expand
Somaliland in it's 1960s border is certainly the first member of the union.

I think Puntland is the second member.

We need to work out how to divide the rest in the best way and come up with the best arrangements for security and economic viability. We don't want a dozen countries, that will just be a race to the bottom economically and a security problem.

The first meeting of the Union is going well. Hopefully more members step forward.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
I thought you guys were allies? Why are you so jealous of djibouti? Is it because they have the ictiraaf that you want so bad?

What is this sheer hypocrisy? Balkanize all but yours cant be touched?

One of the principles of the Union is the largest viable blocks. Somaliland in 1960s colonial borders is the prime example for others to follow. I think Puntland should work with it's southern neighbour to form a larger block.