[unconfirmed] Rep. Ilhan Omar votes yes on spending bill that grants unconditional aid to Israel

alien

📍outer space
VIP

Ahmed Ato

Self-interest
@piracy the bill would've passed even if she voted no but don't know if she voted yes to get herself off the pressure coming from the jewish lobby.

Psychologist

Changemaker
50d9c6d7a0dd1ee4ccef13603fb9ecf1.jpg

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I have only taken an extremely shallow dive into this but from what I can see nearly all the pro-Israeli Republicans voted against the bill. Even the leader of the House Republicans, who was virulent in his attacks against the squad voted no.

But from what I read from the spending bill, it does not look good for Ilhan at all. But I need to read more to understand if there was any reasoning.

I have only taken an extremely shallow dive into this but from what I can see nearly all the pro-Israeli Republicans voted against the bill. Even the leader of the House Republicans, who was virulent in his attacks against the squad voted no.

But from what I read from the spending bill, it does not look good for Ilhan at all. But I need to read more to understand if there was any reasoning.

The Israel aid package is part of a larger spending bill.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The Israel aid package is part of a larger spending bill.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's like the debt relief for Somalia.

Ilhan was one of the people that drafted the debt relief package but the spending bill was tied in with a lot of other questionable components and she voted against it, knowing it would pass the house anyways.

Is she not married to a Jewish man? not a religious jew but being a jew is more an ethnicity than a religion.

I would call that a conflicting allegiance...

It's only a matter of time before Somalia recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. This move by Ilhan could be the first step towards that.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Who cares? Why do Somalis have to back Palestine all the time! These people do not care about us.
it’s not about backing palestine, it’s about NOT backing israel. This bill didn’t mention palestine whatsoever.

It’s purely between the US and israel, why would she vote yes for a bill that grants israel unconditional aid? Wtf does israel give back in return?

I hate jews and they hate us, if you want to keep helping them like a dog because you “don’t have to back palestine” (???wtf???) then go ahead lol.

it’s not about backing palestine, it’s about NOT backing israel. This bill didn’t mention palestine whatsoever.

It’s purely between the US and israel, why would she vote yes for a bill that grants israel unconditional aid? Wtf does israel give back in return?

I hate jews and they hate us, if you want to keep helping them like a dog because you “don’t have to back palestine” (???wtf???) then go ahead lol.
My point is I don’t care for Israel or Palestine. As Somalis we have bigger problems to worry about!

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
My point is I don’t care for Israel or Palestine. As Somalis we have bigger problems to worry about!
if you don’t care then why are you ok with her voting yes? It’s quite obvious she does care, if you were in her position, would you vote yes or no? As an indifferent bystander the most natural choice would be “no”. As in, you don’t want to help israel forever.

Again, please stop bringing up palestine. For someone who doesn’t care about palestine you keep bringing them up.

Sosa

Bruh
You guys are so stupid. She is literally banned from israel, why would she vote for them?? That bill was drafted in 2016, she wasnt even in office 🤣🤣

Trending