UN Special Representative in 1992: The rest of the country should emulate the north east

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Djdixnexj.jpg

If only they listened, imagine where Somalia would be today.
:francis:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Crow in all honesty my 'maternal uncles' were at a 'deadlock' after the four month war and settled for ceasefire and warlord activities and no-one was allowed to touch national infrastructure aden adde airport or mogadishu port untill a Somali govt was born.. It was identical to how Bosaso became recently, no govt vacuum and all neighborhoods having 'different militias'. If this continued for 10 years like it did for Hawiye, of course any city would 'regress' because their diaspora, foreigners, other somalis were to scared to come. Do u know when govt isn't available, you cannot move after 'maghrib' from your neighborhood? it's terrible life, I saw in Mogadishu during warlord era. The only one who benefited were 10 warlords and their families. Even the militia men didn't benefit beyond getting 'khat'. The whole city wasn't allowed to progress.

Then add 2004-2009 'war' period again, they suffered a huge loss in lives again but not 'worthy' lives though, just normal avg galgaduud origin hamari ' moryan ppl' died in this war. It wasn't like the 4 month war their best and brightest died. Then from 2009 till now they're dying more thru insurgency. The guys have a phobia of a govt and we as Somalis should say if you don't want a govt, that's fine, we will create a 'traditional' reserve area for your hawiye clans to live like native indians in america and relocate the capital. We shouldn't just sit there wait and see policy, we need 'alternative' solutions. We lost 30 years which are gone forever and unrecoverable, the question is do we lose another 30 years or take bold policy positions. Confederation is a bold move but may allow us to function fully as independent state at the level of EU countries and not be so concerned with Mogadishu as it reverts to a brussel status with limited powers.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Crow I know this sounds 'rough' and not 'politically correct' and 'nice'. But behind closed doors my dad says 'yaa naga dhintay' and if he knows it's just someone who wasn't beneficial to the clan, he terms them 'cawaan'. Not rudely, he means their animals they just eat, sleep, give birth and do not contribute beyond that. The ppl who died in hamar in 2004-2009 were 'cawaano' sxb, carurtooda way dhaleen, wax wayn gaadhay ma jiro except 'bakaraha' financially. There is nothing worthy to kill in hawiye manta ma garatay? maybe you don't understand this mind-set or thinking style, it's very old puntland mindset as they 'grade' the worth of each person in their clan and who died.

Animals are known to reproduce only, they don't contribute to their environment is the theory behind it. So those ppl u in Somalia today even if u killed them all, it doesn't matter really, as they reproduced already like animals do, plus they weren't 'einsteins' or anything ma 'garatay' so the clan didn't really suffer a loss in any sort of intellectual, fianncial, or culturally. Weird to understand but I understand it now lots of young Somalis don't get it. I changed my outlook after that to 'grade' Somalis worth bro, their not all EQUAL