Ultimate "Whats the meaning of this somali word" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there doesn't seem to exist a thread dedicated to the meaning of somali words and it's kind of annoying with all these threads asking what's the meaning of this word or that word popping up every other day, I decided to take the initiative and create this one. Hope the mods will stick it.

Well since I started this thread, let me have the honor to ask the first word then. I was reading a book in af-soomaali and realized that the author had a cinwaan that I didn't fully grasp the meaning of. How would you translate the meaning "Taariikhdu waa ma guuraan"?

tarik-s.jpg

History never moves

Yeah that's what i figured out too but whats that even supposed to mean, it doesn't make sense at all. I've heard history never changes and history never repeats but history never moves? And isn't ma guuraan supposed to be one word instead for two words?

Tjioux

the pussy is never yours, its just your turn.
Yeah that's what i figured out too but whats that even supposed to mean, it doesn't make sense at all. I've heard history never changes and history never repeats but history never moves? And isn't ma guuraan supposed to be one word instead for two words?

It makes sense, because history have a tendense to repeat itself thus it never moves...

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Since there doesn't seem to exist a thread dedicated to the meaning of somali words and it's kind of annoying with all these threads asking what's the meaning of this word or that word popping up every other day, I decided to take the initiative and create this one. Hope the mods will stick it.

Well since I started this thread, let me have the honor to ask the first word then. I was reading a book in af-soomaali and realized that the author had a cinwaan that I didn't fully grasp the meaning of. How would you translate the meaning "Taariikhdu waa ma guuraan"?

tarik-s.jpg
It means something that doesn't move and is stationary.Ma guuran,guur=move(usually used for when moving houses).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending