UK Somalis Seriously Need To Stop Doing This

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP

There used to be this code, of not telling ajnanis a damn thing about our clans and inner politics. Seems like Somalis have forgot about that.

There used to be this code, of not telling ajnanis a damn thing about our clans and inner politics. Seems like Somalis have forgot about that.

Can't they read your qabiil wars all over the social media including the politics aka fadhi ku dirrir section? Or, you haven't figured out yet?

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
And this guy wasn't even the first ajnabi to ask me such a question. Before him, it was a Indonesian, I met at a Mosque in NW London.

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?

Blame the adults, I've met people who say things like: "I'm not Somali, I'm a Somalilander",as if their entire ethnicity has changed because they're seeking independence. Also, I've too many people whos parents would begin to drag people into stupid qabil debates- i.e qabil X shouldn't be allowed into town X or they should be killed because our ancestor X centuries ago were wronged. I've even seen two Somalis, one Puntite and Somalilander swing fists at one another, happened around the Tukraq incident, Wallahi the most embarassed I've been, literally everyone who knew me was Somali was asking me "What did they say". We need to move away from this 68 IQ nonsense, and actually become a society that will better our people and the Motherland.

VixR

Veritas
I told him, I'm from Puntland.
Did you say, “I’m from Puntland, MJ to be specific”.:mjpls:

I’d get your tweet if he’d asked about clans by name, but asking you if you’re from Somaliland or Somalia is normal. Why would SLers claim Somalia when asked lol.

Bohol

VIP
Back in early 2000s while in school a friend of a relative of mine said "waryaa" to me I was like wtf who taught you Somali. I miss those days where UK Somali community was secretive that even a ajnabi saying waryaa was a shocker.

Tukraq

VIP
Did you say, “I’m from Puntland, MJ to be specific”.:mjpls:

I’d get your tweet if he’d asked about clans by name, but asking you if you’re from Somaliland or Somalia is normal. Why would SLers claim Somalia when asked lol.
somaliland is implying qabil, even ajanibis know this lol , but you have stated you've been sheltered

VixR

Veritas
somaliland is implying qabil, even ajanibis know this lol , but you have stated you've been sheltered
If UK has a high SL population like ppl say on here, why should you expect the locals not to hear,“I’m from SL”. You have weird expectations. The split happened nigh on 30 yrs ago.

VixR

Veritas
SL isn't a real country, check the map lol
It’s whack to expect ppl from SL to claim Somalia, recognized or no. Heck, you can even get ahead of it and explain it’s not yet recognized, but we’ve been operating differently. Even my parents make the distinction. It’s been 30 years! GL changing that.

It’s whack to expect ppl from SL to claim Somalia, recognized or no. Heck, you can even get ahead of it and explain it’s not yet recognized, but we’ve been operating differently. Even my parents make the distinction. It’s been 30 years! GL changing that.
lol even though you claim to be distant from somali people and culture I can sense the qabyaalad from your writing. i guess it is something genetic :pachah1:

VixR

Veritas
lol even though you claim to be distant from somali people and culture I can sense the qabyaalad from your writing. i guess it is something genetic :pachah1:
Oh please, you’re killing me! The era that seceded from Somalia are grandparents now. The idea that people from SL wouldn’t identity as such when the identity already spans generations is illogical, and you know it.

Tukraq

VIP
Oh please, you’re killing me! The era that seceded from Somalia are grandparents now. The idea that people from SL wouldn’t identity as such when the identity already spans generations is illogical, and you know it.
SL is yet to secede kulaha grandparents lol

VixR

Veritas
SL is yet to secede kulaha grandparents lol
You’re really going to argue that the identity hasn’t been around and on-the-ground reality for ~30 years? If this is mental power of the south, y’ll are doomed. What do you think is going to happen as Somalia continues on its trend for the next 10, 15, 20, 30 years?

Tukraq

VIP
You’re really going to argue that the identity hasn’t been around and on-the-ground reality for ~30 years? If this is mental power of the south, y’ll are doomed. What do you think is going to happen as Somalia continues on its trend for the next 10, 15, 20, 30 years?
are you talking about the regional state? why would you expect people from a foreign country to know about a province within a nation lol, I also don't know what you mean by south Im from the most Northern region in Somalia to me SL is considered the south, also how are we doomed if my regional state in puntland is doing better than yours lol, I don't know whats going to happen but whats not going to happen is ictiiraf lol, and it hasn't happened in the last 10, 15, 20, 30 years as you put it

Trending