UK: Newly elected Tory has become the first openly gay Muslim MP in the world!

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10558946/boris-johnson-new-tory-first-openly-gay-muslim-mp-world/

Equality campaigners hailed Imrad Ahmad Khan as a breakthrough moment for gay Muslims across the world after winning Wakefield from Labour last week.

He is one of 24 openly gay or bisexual Tories now in the Commons - more than any other party.

Labour has at least 18 - taking the total to more than 50 LGBT MPs, making Westminster officially the "gayest Parliament in the world".

Eight of the new Tory MPs are under 30 and have already been dubbed 'Boris's Babies'.

But some of them have already rejected the label - claiming it is "patronising".

One of them is Elliot Colburn, 27, who was pictured kissing his boyfriend after winning the Carshalton and Wallington seat in south London following a campaign dogged by homophobic abuse.

He said: “I wanted to show we won’t be cowed and hide because people feel uncomfortable. It helps people realise we are like any other couple.” The number of women is also a record high for Westminster, with 34 per cent now female - up 2 per cent from the last Parliament.

More than half of Labour's MPs are now women for the first time.

Of the 26 new Labour MPs, just four are white men.

The sun is funny. They wrote this

Labour has at least 18 - taking the total to more than 50 LGBT MPs, making Westminster officially the "gayest Parliament in the world".

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Religion is a group of principles that you and a certain group of people agree with. To actually become a Muslim you need to follow a certain group of principles and if you are gay which is against Islam then you’re not Muslim as homosexuality is prohibited in the religion. It’s like saying I’m a Christian but I don’t believe in Jesus. You can’t be homosexual and Muslim at the same time. This guy is just a person derailing the religion and it’s beliefs.

Religion is a group of principles that you and a certain group of people agree with. To actually become a Muslim you need to follow a certain group of principles and if you are gay which is against Islam then you’re not Muslim as homosexuality is prohibited in the religion. It’s like saying I’m a Christian but I don’t believe in Jesus. You can’t be homosexual and Muslim at the same time. This guy is just a person derailing the religion and it’s beliefs.

:gucciwhat: Where do I start??

You are literally comparing apples with oranges. Every religion has a constitution. Islam constitutes that there is only one God and the prophet is his messenger. Christianity constitutes the trinity. if you don't believe in the trinity you can't be a Christian likewise if you don't believe in the one god and the prophet being the last messenger you can't be Muslim.

Every religion also has rules and principle, now breaking a rule, committing a sin, doesn't necessarily negate your religious stance.

Committing sins like Zina, killing and lying doesn't take you out of Islam because you can serve time (be punished on earth), be forgiven by God or be punished in hell instead because of the fact that you still believe in the entity that is supposed to forgive or punish you.

Now to homosexuality. Being homosexual is not haram because God does not judge us on things that are out of our control like for example who we are attracted to. God does, however, judge us on the things we do have control over like having same-sex intercourse (generally intercourse outside of marriage).

Perioooood:hillarybiz:

Invader

:gucciwhat: Where do I start??

You are literally comparing apples with oranges. Every religion has a constitution. Islam constitutes that there is only one God and the prophet is his messenger. Christianity constitutes the trinity. if you don't believe in the trinity you can't be a Christian likewise if you don't believe in the one god and the prophet being the last messenger you can't be Muslim.

Every religion also has rules and principle, now breaking a rule, committing a sin, doesn't necessarily negate your religious stance.

Committing sins like Zina, killing and lying doesn't take you out of Islam because you can serve time (be punished on earth), be forgiven by God or be punished in hell instead because of the fact that you still believe in the entity that is supposed to forgive or punish you.

Now to homosexuality. Being homosexual is not haram because God does not judge us on things that are out of our control like for example who we are attracted to. God does, however, judge us on the things we do have control over like having same-sex intercourse (generally intercourse outside of marriage).

Perioooood:hillarybiz:
Are you a sheikh? What institution did you graduate from. If you actually studied Islam you’d know what happened to the people of Lut. If he repents and stops this way of life he will be forgiven. Allah will send no man into hell if they do not act boastful of their sins. This man is openly gay acknowledging Allahs existence and not begging for forgiveness of this sin.
:gucciwhat:if this man marries another man isn’t that haram answer me that.

:hillarybiz:period kulaha fam . There are many interpretations of Islam but all of them see homosexuality as haram. The shaytaan tempts mankind to do horrible acts to get sent to hellfire.

Are you a sheikh? What institution did you graduate from. If you actually studied Islam you’d know what happened to the people of Lut. If he repents and stops this way of life he will be forgiven. Allah will send no man into hell if they do not act boastful of their sins. This man is openly gay acknowledging Allahs existence and not begging for forgiveness of this sin.
:gucciwhat:if this man marries another man isn’t that haram answer me that.

:hillarybiz:period kulaha fam . There are many interpretations of Islam but all of them see homosexuality as haram. The shaytaan tempts mankind to do horrible acts to get sent to hellfire.

there is no word for homosexuality in the Quran only the act is condemned. These are basic facts I thought everyone knew this. If being a homosexual was a sin then God would look even more unfair then he already does judging people based on things that are out of one's control.

There is no point of interpretation since there is no mention of being a homosexual. the Quran only mentions the act as haram.

Also, I wasn't talking about the gay MP in my last post rather I was refuting your claim that Homosexuality= apostacy.

Invader

there is no word for homosexuality in the Quran only the act is condemned. These are basic facts I thought everyone knew this. If being a homosexual was a sin then God would look even more unfair then he already does judging people based on things that are out of one's control.

There is no point of interpretation since there is no mention of being a homosexual. the Quran only mentions the act as haram.

Also, I wasn't talking about the gay MP in my last post rather I was refuting your claim that Homosexuality= apostacy.
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If you find anyone doing as Lot’s people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done (38:4447).
Allah DESTROYED the people of Lut because of Sodomy and Homosexuality. I am not homophobic or support homophobia. Allah told us not to hate his creations. What I’m saying is that I dislike gay Muslims. Why are you comparing Zina to homosexuality. “Allah has made women for us and yet the people of Lut had lust for men”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If you find anyone doing as Lot’s people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done (38:4447).
Allah DESTROYED the people of Lut because of Sodomy and Homosexuality. I am not homophobic or support homophobia. Allah told us not to hate his creations. What I’m saying is that I dislike gay Muslims. Why are you comparing Zina to homosexuality. “Allah has made women for us and yet the people of Lut had lust for men”

:mindblown:Are you autistic or dyslectic ??

Keyword: Doing.

Homosexuality isn't a sin it is the act that is the sin. Sodomy is basically two sins in one: Zina and Zina with the same-sex. Also, lust is out of our control, something god does not judge. God does not judge someone based on lust because if he did that we all would go to hell.:kanyeshrug:

Invader

:mindblown:Are you autistic or dyslectic ??

Keyword: Doing.

Homosexuality isn't a sin it is the act that is the sin. Sodomy is basically two sins in one: Zina and Zina with the same-sex. Also, lust is out of our control, something god does not judge. God does not judge someone based on lust because if he did that we all would go to hell.:kanyeshrug:
People always make mistakes. Allah forgives the person who repents but punishes the person who walks away. This man hasn't repented and also acknowledges its haram and wont do it again.

Trending

Latest posts