UK lists 'Somalilander' as an ethnicity

Hue_Man

(Alkebulan mother of mankind)
a peaceful independent somaliland is good for the rest of somalia , i just would like them to change there name.

In the Balkans they created fake standardized official languages, despite it being all the same (Croatian, Bosnian, Montenegrin, Serbian).

Sometimes on food items from discount supermarkets with East European products I see the same text listed like four different times 🇧🇦 🇭🇷 🇲🇪 🇷🇸.. Somalis might go that route.

yeah lol , I seen some vidoes on YT , especially the Lang. based ones.
Hate and mistrust makes people irrational and oddly stupid :faysalwtf:

Mozart

You need people like me
If the UK doesn’t recognise Somaliland under Johnson’s government, it never will. His girlfriend is very influential and she hasn’t pushed for it yet.

Apollo

VIP
If the UK doesn’t recognise Somaliland under Johnson’s government, it never will. His girlfriend is very influential and she hasn’t pushed for it yet.

The UK is no longer influential when it comes to international affairs. They are now a mid-tier country when it comes to influence. Nowhere near being a superpower they once were.

Italy is against Somaliland's independence and has veto powers on EU foreign policy decisions. The EU is an actual superpower when it comes to global politics.

Shogun

Waa anaga orodneey, nabad doonaney
About time. Somalilander and Somalis are not the same.

I for one celebrate the acknowledgement of differences.

:rejoice:

Mozart

You need people like me
The UK is no longer influential when it comes to international affairs. They are now mid-tier country when it comes to influence. Nowhere near being a superpower they once were.

Italy is against Somaliland's independence and has veto powers on EU foreign policy decisions. The EU is an actual superpower when it comes to global politics.
Interesting. I didn’t know about Italy’s voting capacity. Nimko Ali is pushing his girlfriend hard but it doesn’t seem to have worked so far.

Somaliland's recognition goes through Mogadishu,
If reer Somaliland really want ictiraf , all they need to do is bribe the shit out of the political elites of Mogadishu until they sign warqada ictirafka :fittytousand:
:silanyolaugh:

Makes no sense. Somaliland is just an autonomous state within Somalia. Even if they're recognized as a country, the survey requests that you reveal your ethnicity, not nationality.

The next logical step is for landers to replace the "Somali" descriptors with "Somalian".

Those butthurt about inclusion of "Somalilander" will be left with the existential choice between identifying as landers, or forever being labelled Somalians:

50q8jr.jpg

Reborn

Yes, his girlfriend has visited Somaliland and has a massive influence on his decision making which has been exposed in the media. It'll be interesting to see the reaction from the UK government once the SL parliamentary elections results are out as an MP always mentions it in parliament.

Reborn
The UK is no longer influential when it comes to international affairs. They are now a mid-tier country when it comes to influence. Nowhere near being a superpower they once were.

You forgot to mention that the UK has left the EU with BREXIT so they don't need Brussels permission for international affairs which means Italy's veto power is useless. :trumpsmirk: @Mozart

Apollo

VIP
You forgot to mention that the UK has left the EU with BREXIT so they don't need Brussels permission for international affairs which means Italy's veto power is useless. :trumpsmirk:

The UK largely follows EU foreign policy. To be honest, all Western countries are lapdogs of the USA who sets the foreign policy for the entire West. Just see how they nearly all followed Bush into Iraq.

Reborn
The UK largely follows EU foreign policy. To be honest, all Western countries are lapdogs of the USA who sets the foreign policy for the entire West. Just see how they nearly all followed Bush into Iraq.

That's true but you know the current tone of the US which is they must protect and develop democracies across the world :banderas:

Last edited:

Trending