UK dagacas says Somalis aren't black

In America if you have dark skin you are black. No one cares about your ethnic background. US has millions of black people and small Somali pop. People know Somalis who grew up around them in a few pockets but in general we are seen as black. If you are walking down the street you are seen as a black man. Anyone who doesn't get this basic idea are idiots.

UK politics may be different and Somalis may be seen as distinct.
Its not by choice, white people in america has grouped you all black people as black. And when your identity become just being black without knowing where you come from and your history. You will be easy to control. Somalis in the US has fallen for what the whites has done to AA. They stripped them of their identity and history and they just became black. Difference is Somalis in the US are doing this voluntarily. The older I get the more I identify as Somali. Aint no white man telling me you all black, you the same.

Its not by choice, white people in america has grouped you all black people as black. And when your identity become just being black without knowing where you come from and your history. You will be easy to control. Somalis in the US has fallen for what the whites has done to AA. They stripped them of their identity and history and they just became black. Difference is Somalis in the US are doing this voluntarily. The older I get the more I identify as Somali. Aint no white man telling me you all black, you the same.
100% sxb,"black" is almost taboo in the UK, old cadaans ladies would sooner call you "coloured chap" lol. Over here, you're Somali, Nigerian, Ghanaian, Jamaican etc. Everyone's well aware of their distinct ethnic and cultural heritage.

Lumping all dark skinned people together under the umbrella term "Black" is a reer burger thing.
But you know what they say about misery loving company.

Trending