Uber loses its licence to operate in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReeBorama

"I'd kill for a Noble Peace Prize"
Uber’s application for a new licence in London has been rejected on the basis that the company is not a “fit and proper” private car hire operator.

Uber said it planned to challenge the ruling by London’s transport authority in the courts immediately.

The current licence expires on 30 September but Uber has 21 days to appeal and can continue to operate until that process expires.

The decision by Transport for London was backed by London mayor Sadiq Khan, employment rights campaigners, and the trade body for the capital’s black cab drivers, who have been staunch opponents of the US ride-hailing app.

However, it drew immediate criticism from Uber users, a drivers’ representative and Conservative politicians.

TfL said that it had rejected the company’s application to renew its licence because “Uber’s approach and conduct demonstrate a lack of corporate responsibility” in relation to reporting serious criminal offences, obtaining medical certificates and driver background checks.

The licensing body also said it was concerned by Uber’s use of Greyball, software that can be used to block regulatory bodies from gaining full access to its app and undertaking regulatory or law enforcement duties.

Khan said he fully supported the decision to revoke Uber’s licence, saying all companies needed to “play by the rules”.

He said: “I want London to be at the forefront of innovation and new technology and to be a natural home for exciting new companies that help Londoners by providing a better and more affordable service.

“However, all companies in London must play by the rules and adhere to the high standards we expect –particularly when it comes to the safety of customers. Providing an innovative service must not be at the expense of customer safety and security.”“I fully support TfL’s decision – it would be wrong if TfL continued to license Uber if there is any way that this could pose a threat to Londoners

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/22/uber-licence-transport-for-london-tfl
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41358640

What do you think of this Ree London?

Kaleel

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't regularly use Uber, I have a bicycle but one time my bicycle got stolen and I did order an Uber which was free by the way. So I don't have anything against Uber, they are convenient and appear everywhere unlike the black Cabs.

ReeBorama

I don't regularly use Uber, I have a bicycle but one time my bicycle got stolen and I did order an Uber which was free by the way. So I don't have anything against Uber, they are convenient and appear everywhere unlike the black Cabs.

Convenient it might be for some but for many, using Uber service was quite dangerous. Tfl basically said it's not "fit and proper" private car hire.They were also accused of refusing to take corporate responsibility for both the drivers and their customers safety and well being.

And also, have you heard of their Greyball pragram, which allows them to avoid regulators. waar waa tuug nimanku/ Good riddance, I am never gonna be worried if my driver actually knows his way around London.

That's what your daddy is for, to be my disciple :p

Can you for once stick to the topic on hand and stop this nonsensical shit posting, for god sake man,. how depraved are you walal, walahi I am being serious!:faysalwtf:

Convenient it might be for some but for many, using Uber service was quite dangerous. Tfl basically said it's not "fit and proper" private car hire.They were also accused of refusing to take corporate responsibility for both the drivers and their customers safety and well being.

And also, have you heard of their Greyball pragram, which allows them to avoid regulators. waar waa tuug nimanku/ Good riddance, I am never gonna be worried if my driver actually knows his way around London.

Can you for once stick to the topic on hand and stop this nonsensical shit posting, for god sake man,. how depraved are you walal, walahi I am being serious!:faysalwtf:

Y'all are too sheltered and I'm the first taste of real life y'all had.

ReeBorama

Y'all are too sheltered and I'm the first taste of real life y'all had.

Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif

Naag waalan:icon lol:, you are something else walahi. Naa do your thing but give it some class dee, I thought you were a bit more reer magal than this to constantly post your kacsi induced trash.
Kintirka wax kaa katiinadeeya ayaad u baahantahay niyaw

Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif

Naag waalan:icon lol:, you are something else walahi. Naa do your thing but give it some class dee, I thought you were a bit more reer magal than this to constantly post your kacsi induced trash.
Kintirka wax kaa katiinadeeya ayaad u baahantahay niyaw

We're all reer baadiyo, when we're left to our own devices.

I'm just the only one being real, all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts