UAE's divide and conquer end-goal in Somalia exposed in new report.

Divide and rule
Abu Dhabi has perfected warfare by delegation to proxy forces, which absorb the burden of conflict while shielding the UAE from reputational costs. Surrogates, such as local militia groups, mercenaries and communal influencers, can help translate the monarchy’s oil riches into hard and smart power.

MbZ and his brothers do not see the UAE as anybody's client state, and they take a zero-sum approach to engagement in the region to advance their interests
Exploiting local grievances, the UAE carefully builds up fighting forces by drawing on a colonial strategy of divide and rule. In Somalia, Abu Dhabi has actively supported the Somali breakaway province of Puntland, drawing on secessionist ambitions to establish a mercenary-led counter-piracy force that would provide the UAE with reach around the geo-strategically important Horn of Africa.

Around southern secessionist ambitions in Yemen, the Emiratis created the Southern Transitional Council – a surrogate force that continues to secure Abu Dhabi’s access to Yemeni waterways. In Libya, the UAE exploited the post-revolutionary polarisation to create a loose militia network under the self-styled Libyan National Army (LNA), giving the Gulf state significant control over North Africa’s strategic corridor in eastern Libya.

In addition, the UAE has pushed the boundaries on how mercenaries can be deployed in war. In Libya, Abu Dhabi finances Russia’s Wagner Group in support of Haftar’s LNA. In Somalia, it sponsored a counter-piracy force. And in Yemen, Latin American mercenaries in Emirati uniforms comprised the backbone of its operations, while American and Israeli mercenaries on the Emirati payroll have run assassination squads in Yemen’s south.

UAE is very intelligent , its making big moves everywhere and has transformed its image.

However it has calmed down with Biden entering the image.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP

Divide and rule
Abu Dhabi has perfected warfare by delegation to proxy forces, which absorb the burden of conflict while shielding the UAE from reputational costs. Surrogates, such as local militia groups, mercenaries and communal influencers, can help translate the monarchy’s oil riches into hard and smart power.

MbZ and his brothers do not see the UAE as anybody's client state, and they take a zero-sum approach to engagement in the region to advance their interests
Exploiting local grievances, the UAE carefully builds up fighting forces by drawing on a colonial strategy of divide and rule. In Somalia, Abu Dhabi has actively supported the Somali breakaway province of Puntland, drawing on secessionist ambitions to establish a mercenary-led counter-piracy force that would provide the UAE with reach around the geo-strategically important Horn of Africa.

Around southern secessionist ambitions in Yemen, the Emiratis created the Southern Transitional Council – a surrogate force that continues to secure Abu Dhabi’s access to Yemeni waterways. In Libya, the UAE exploited the post-revolutionary polarisation to create a loose militia network under the self-styled Libyan National Army (LNA), giving the Gulf state significant control over North Africa’s strategic corridor in eastern Libya.

In addition, the UAE has pushed the boundaries on how mercenaries can be deployed in war. In Libya, Abu Dhabi finances Russia’s Wagner Group in support of Haftar’s LNA. In Somalia, it sponsored a counter-piracy force. And in Yemen, Latin American mercenaries in Emirati uniforms comprised the backbone of its operations, while American and Israeli mercenaries on the Emirati payroll have run assassination squads in Yemen’s south.
Wasnt uae the same country that offered socotra to somalia?. and farmaajo said no :mindblown:

The guy who wrote the article worked on security reforms for the Qatari military lol you can’t get more biased than that.

Poor deflection. That isn't true, but even if it was, still doesn't change the fact that everything in the article is facts.

Muzaffer

𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝕲𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑
Only if Somalia joined their dirty war against Houthis/Iran. Farmaajo did the right thing.
And they betrayed the Saudis and left the war and start funding the southern separatists

What do these sand nig-gers want from us, we got nothing. Our community is struggling in west and Africa, our country is in shambles, the country rely on welfare to countinue. What so important about Somalia that you have divide it and make the people more miserable.

Last edited:

Mozart

You need people like me
Poor deflection. That isn't true, but even if it was, still doesn't change the fact that everything in the article is facts.
It’s not a deflection if he’s telling you himself on his bio on his own website.

Even if I assume it’s true and humour you, why is it an issue given the UK, USA, Turkey & Qatar control respective portions of Somalia’s army ?

It’s not a deflection if he’s telling you himself on his bio on his own website.

Even if I assume it’s true and humour you, why is it an issue given the UK, USA, Turkey & Qatar control respective portions of Somalia’s army ?

Warya, none of those countries you named are hellbent on Balkanizing Somalia like UAE is (with the help of Kenya and Ethiopia)

Middle east eye is Qatari funded online news network so whatever it says is just pushing Qatari viewpoints to the rest of the world like their famous news tv Al Jazeera

Middle east eye is Qatari funded online news network so whatever it says is just pushing Qatari viewpoints to the rest of the world like their famous news tv Al Jazeera

The man is a professor at a leading uk university and an expert in his field. You know everything in the article is truth so you attack the source.
When you attack the messenger and not the message, you have already lost the debate.

The man is a professor at a leading uk university and an expert in his field. You know everything in the article is truth so you attack the source.
When you attack the messenger and not the message, you have already lost the debate.
Don't come at me with bs quote :ummhmm:and the title of "Professor" doesn't mean what he says is all truthful he just wrote an article in Qatari funded news website to push his Qatari donors views.

Don't come at me with bs quote :ummhmm:and the title of "Professor" doesn't mean what he says is all truthful he just wrote an article in Qatari funded news website to push his Qatari donors views.

Still no counter-argument against any of the points raised in the article?

Imagine twerking for a country that has you on their visa ban list :deadpeter:
I hope you are being paid well for this, the thought of a Somali shilling for a Gulf Arab country is just too pathetic to even contemplate.

Still no counter-argument against any of the points raised in the article?

Imagine twerking for a country that has you on their visa ban list :deadpeter:
I hope you are being paid well for this, the thought of a Somali shilling for a Gulf Arab country is just too pathetic to even contemplate.
Habibi I'm from jamhuuriyadda barakaysan there's difference where you from and where I come from :mjswag:

Habibi I'm from jamhuuriyadda barakaysan there's difference where you from and where I come from :mjswag:

1623534234415.jpeg

Trending