UAE EXPECTS SOMALIA PARLIAMENT TO ABROGATE LAWS AGAINST DP WORLD

Mogadishu (PP News Desk) — The main agenda on the talks between Somalia and United Arab Emirates during President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud’s first visit is the status of DP World in Somalia.

In 2018 the federal parliament of Somalia rejected an agreement between Somaliland Administration and DP World, a UAE parastatal, on Berbera Port. Since then DP World added Bosaaso Port to its portfolio of Somali ports it runs “illegally”.

The former Somalia Foreign Minister Ahmed Isse Awad urged UAE to respect the sovereignty of Somalia. “We are asking DP World to reconsider these agreements, particularly the one in Berbera port since Somaliland is claiming to be a state independent from Somalia,” Awad told Reuters.

Disagreements with Somalia over port deals signed with Federal Member States have affected DP World plans to take over the management of other Somalia ports such as Kismayo Port.
Observers maintain that President Mohamud would either deepen Somalia’s status as a client state for deep-pocketed oil-rich Gulf countries or choose a different path that could make Somalia less dependent on the political largesse of foreign countries.

UAE funds Puntland State security forces and is reportedly looking into restoring its budgetary support for the federal security forces.

What kind of sane man allows sand dwellers to control one of your biggest assets? This is why Somalia will and shall remain a failed state. Don’t forget these sand dwellers closed down a hospital in Xamar few years back. They want to control these ports to reduce competition but low iQ xoolos with the intelligence of an ants don’t see that.

What kind of sane man allows sand dwellers to control one of your biggest assets? This is why Somalia will and shall remain a failed state. Don’t forget these sand dwellers closed down a hospital in Xamar few years back. They want to control these ports to reduce competition but low iQ xoolos with the intelligence of an ants don’t see that.
Considering how uninformed your post is, I am not sure calling others low iQ xoolos is a wise move. 1. glass houses and 2. it's IQ if you are abbreviating it, not iQ.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
You are actually so stupid. UAE have built Berbera to an incredibly high standard for an African country. Somaliland hadn’t had a single investment in 30 years before then and now Berbera is stealing all business from Bosaso and Djibouti.

What has Turkey done? They’ve forced poor Xamarians to trade with their companies for worse products. They get 45% of Mogadishu port income and haven’t developed it.

It’s time we actually let UAE to develop Kismayo and Mogadishu ports.

Considering how uninformed your post is, I am not sure calling others low iQ xoolos is a wise move. 1. glass houses and 2. it's IQ if you are abbreviating it, not iQ.
What are you on about? Are you UAE agent? These people DID close down a hospital in Xamar. They DO want to control most ports across east Africa and the Middle East. If you don’t have the brain to seek investment and build your own ports without the Arabs than you’ll always be someone’s slave!

You are actually so stupid. UAE have built Berbera to an incredibly high standard for an African country. Somaliland hadn’t had a single investment in 30 years before then and now Berbera is stealing all business from Bosaso and Djibouti.

What has Turkey done? They’ve forced poor Xamarians to trade with their companies for worse products. They get 45% of Mogadishu port income and haven’t developed it.

It’s time we actually let UAE to develop Kismayo and Mogadishu ports.
Did I mention Turkey? Too many sheegatos willing to be Arabs shaaqalo on this forum. They can improve the port while jeopardising trade. As long as they have majority shares in these ports. Don’t forget these people are the same people who disregarded and disrespected the central government by signing deals with the federal states.

I personally advocate for balkanisation of Somalia, can’t be ruled by xoolos and have their nephews speak nonsense to justify being a Arab vessel state.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Did I mention Turkey? Too many sheegatos willing to be Arabs shaaqalo on this forum. They can improve the port while jeopardising trade. As long as they have majority shares in these ports. Don’t forget these people are the same people who disregarded and disrespected the central government by signing deals with the federal states.

I personally advocate for balkanisation of Somalia, can’t be ruled by xoolos and have their nephews speak nonsense to justify being a Arab vessel state.
What you don’t understand is there’s not a single member state that is anti-Gulf lol. We just had an aberration as President who sucked off Qatar in spite of our major allies being Saudi and UAE.

You might as well claim your dusty little tuulo as a country and ban any Arab investment. You can stay as much of a shithole as Congo or any of the other million African states while we take advantage of that Arab money.

What you don’t understand is there’s not a single member state that is anti-UAE lol. You might as well claim your dusty little tuulo as a country and ban any Arab investment.
Well because these senile old men wants to bend their backs for UAE I should do the same? I make my own judgement based on my own research. Inshallah we shall see and independent country. Only way we thrive is cutting mooriyaanism out of sphere of control!!

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
UAE main goal is to control all Somali ports and then make them deficient in order to not compete with Dubai. Just look at Bosaaso an absolute nightmare. Berbera is only semi efficient due to Itoobiya

UAE main goal is to control all Somali ports and then make them deficient in order to not compete with Dubai. Just look at Bosaaso an absolute nightmare. Berbera is only semi efficient due to Itoobiya
Lol, did you learn nothing nothing from your Aden Madoobe fake news being debunked in two seconds?

Ethiopia has nothing to do with Berbera port. They never followed through with their investment.

And that’s what these people don’t seem to understand. There is literally a video of Erik Prince having discussions with UAE about Somalia. For people who don’t know Erik Prince is a war profiteer who is the chair of blackwater. Why would UAE be discussing with blackwater, Israelis and Donald trump about Somalia in the Trump tower in New York few years back?

ZodiaK

VIP
port dp.jpg

port dpb.jpg

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Lol, did you learn nothing nothing from your Aden Madoobe fake news being debunked in two seconds?

Ethiopia has nothing to do with Berbera port. They never followed through with their investment.
Ethiopia owns 19% stake on Berbera.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
We must see through our agreement otherwise we will not be a reliable business partner. The FGS parliament is hostile, we must give them them finger.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
UAE 30 years ago was a poor backward Bedouin country, today it is dictating laws to a country that use to give them aid 40 years ago, a country that was the 2nd most powerful nation in Africa.

People think I am anti-Arab, I actually respect their hustle, they are fighting for survival and diversifying their economy which is a smart thing to do, unfortunately that means they will try to exploit the shit out of Somalia.

Kenya on the other hand is literally a debt slave, they are just trying to offload their debt onto us.

Its a dog eat dog world out here.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
UAE 30 years ago was a poor backward Bedouin country, today it is dictating laws to a country that use to give them aid 40 years ago, a country that was the 2nd most powerful nation in Africa.
Your aabo is to blame. Anything after him is pointless to argue over, of course a country in war will have warlords who further destroy it.

They had better visionary leaders that didn’t allow their country to descend into civil war like even their neighbours Yemen, Iraq, Syria abs curse us. I bet you we have the same or similar resources we could’ve exploited to develop into the Somali Abu Dhabi

Trending