U.K. universities experiences

x z

±somali supremacist, anti-inceI&queen in the north
very lit so far. i like how close knit the Somalis are in societies, and it made me acknowledge how much i actually love being around Somali people. The Somali societies in the uk beat out every other college societies in the diaspora, that prom thing for charity last year solidified that.

Same vibe, nothing crazy in terms of events (eg alcohol and twerk parties), and it’s one of the only avenues I see somali men and women intermixing and getting along, which doesn’t happen much outside of colllege

I honestly would hate college if I weren’t around this many Somalis, as much as my people might annoy me sometimes. There are also a lot of fine East Africans in my college too, so that’s a plus

Unis up north are where it's at in terms of fun, Notthingham, Manchester, Leeds:banderas:
The Midlands and London are fucking wank for student night-life.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Reborn
very lit so far. i like how close knit the Somalis are in societies, and it made me acknowledge how much i actually love being around Somali people. The Somali societies in the uk beat out every other college societies in the diaspora, that prom thing for charity last year solidified that.

Same vibe, nothing crazy in terms of events (eg alcohol and twerk parties), and it’s one of the only avenues I see somali men and women intermixing and getting along, which doesn’t happen much outside of colllege

I honestly would hate college if I weren’t around this many Somalis, as much as my people might annoy me sometimes. There are also a lot of fine East Africans in my college too, so that’s a plus

You do know that the February fundraising stuff is cancelled for good as the group that organised it SFYI was disbanded.The reason for it was one of the community members sexually abused someone in an event and the org was protecting him...

x z

You do know that the February fundraising stuff is cancelled for good as the group that organised it SFYI was disbanded.The reason for it was one of the community members sexually abused someone in an event and the org was protecting him...

I’m aware. I won’t let the single committee member tarnish the efforts of thousands of British Somalis, as the two don’t correlate at all. Somalis came out in support for one another, half of them don’t even know the group name, so a replacement is obviously gonna ensue

Reborn
I’m aware. I won’t let the single committee member tarnish the efforts of thousands of British Somalis, as the two don’t correlate at all. Somalis came out in support for one another, half of them don’t even know the group name, so a replacement is obviously gonna ensue

I haven't heard about a replacement as the org was disbanded.It was during the somalimetoo campaign and instead of cutting the perpetrators people decided to tarnish org and close their partnerships with it.

If somalis do support each other and see the greater good then they wouldn't have left and instead sought to change it.

x z

I haven't heard about a replacement as the org was disbanded.It was during the somalimetoo campaign and instead of cutting the perpetrators people decided to tarnish org and close their partnerships with it.

If somalis do support each other and see the greater good then they wouldn't have left and instead sought to change it.

What I am saying is regardless of what ensued with the organisers, the benevolent acts are attributed to the people, not the company and its founders/associates. Sure it sucks to have the committee involved in something like this, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter in regards to achievements of the inter-society Somali efforts

Reborn
What I am saying is regardless of what ensued with the organisers, the benevolent acts are attributed to the people, not the company and its founders/associates. Sure it sucks to have the committee involved in something like this, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter in regards to achievements of the inter-society Somali efforts

Yes and what you've said is completely true but having to abandon an org that has done so much goodness and connected 1000's of Somalis over the years is sad.Goes to show the cancel culture is on steroids for when it comes to Somalis...

Trending