Typical feminist

Mozart

You need people like me
Latest instalment of the grand delusions of the typical Zoom4li feminist. Writes a load of shite in a UK based paper ( reasonably popular ) . Here are my issues with the story :

- Uses awful data to make her point

- Doesn’t acknowledge that FGM is done by women to other women & the main supporters of the practice are women.

-Silence culture is pushed by women .

The conservative government announced last week they are cutting funding for work based on FGM since they realised its a BS rhetoric In the UK pushed by fame hungry feminists.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Latest instalment of the grand delusions of the typical Zoom4li feminist. Writes a load of shite in a UK based paper ( reasonably popular ) . Here are my issues with the story :

- Doesn’t acknowledge that FGM is done by women to other women & the main supporters of the practice are women.

The conservative government announced last week they are cutting funding for work based on FGM since they realised its a BS rhetoric In the UK pushed by fame hungry feminists.

Have you even read the article? In what possible way does she use awful data?

The article didn't acknowledge that it was women nor men who encourage the practice so I don't know why you're making it a gender battle, She just stated that FGM is a problem in Somalia, which it is.

And how is silence culture pushed by women in a mainly patriarchal society like Somalia? So it's the women's fault for not speaking out in an environment that doesn't respect their opinions? Keep in mind that doing so means getting chastised in your community, even more so than the actual rapist in some instances. This victim shaming culture is what the article highlights

The existence of your post does well in portraying how accurate this statement is.
"there seems to be more hatred directed towards people who shed light on injustices than those who perpetuate them."

The main takeaway was that WE instead of scrutinizing the victim should rather listen to their stories and investigate.
Now tell me why that was so triggering for you?

Mozart

You need people like me
Have you even read the article? In what possible way does she use awful data?

The article didn't acknowledge that it was women nor men who encourage the practice so I don't know why you're making it a gender battle, She just stated that FGM is a problem in Somalia, which it is.

And how is silence culture pushed by women in a mainly patriarchal society like Somalia? So it's the women's fault for not speaking out in an environment that doesn't respect their opinions? Keep in mind that doing so means getting chastised in your community, even more so than the actual rapist in some instances. This victim shaming culture is what the article highlights

The existence of your post does well in portraying how accurate this statement is.
"there seems to be more hatred directed towards people who shed light on injustices than those who perpetuate them."

The main takeaway was that WE instead of scrutinizing the victim should rather listen to their stories and investigate.
Now tell me why that was so triggering for you?

The study mentioned was conducted for less than a year and by an institution associated with gender violence . How many crimes are reported in Somalia ? The study isn’t peer reviewed and is a prime example of confirmation bias .

Why mention FGM if you wont explain how it happens , who is responsible and why it happens ? It’s written in a manner to make it seem like men are cutting women . You can’t distinguish between men and women throughout a paper and not do the same for the actual practice.

On shame culture, the cases she uses are twitter submissions. How many of those cases showed the mother refusing to go to the police ? A majority. To imply men sit there and tell women just suck it up is a lie . Honour is a bs concept that Somali’s rarely follow , how many fathers kill their daughters?

If you’re going to write about a serious issue then be honest and depict the full story. You can’t confuse shame (which men also experience, as she states) or fear of word getting about, for a crazy honour based culture (South Asian). The UK government has realised they’ve pumped money into the hands of idiots who’ve portrayed a situation that doesn’t happen in the UK(FGM) and will now stop. Why can’t you see that the issue here is : the more you misrepresent things, the less help actual victims get ?

Y’all spend so much energy pickin apart what some random Somali woman says. What did you gain by posting this lmfao ma naag baa tahay? Stay outta women business

Mozart

You need people like me
Y’all spend so much energy pickin apart what some random Somali woman says. What did you gain by posting this lmfao ma naag baa tahay? Stay outta women business

Yes, cause being portrayed as barbarians helps Somali’s . Should worry about why you’re larping around as a man online:pachah1:

Yes, cause being portrayed as barbarians helps Somali’s . Should worry about why you’re larping around as a man online:pachah1:
Who tf cared what a freelance nobody ass b1tch is saying about Somali ppl? FOH You obviously do bc you the one that sought it out and linked it in the thread

Honestly, I'm on the fence with this one. If the article she's written means she actually gains some recognition and helps the abuse cause and gives her a check all at the same time then, go for it.
Has a gender degree/journalism degree i mean what else is there to do?

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
The study mentioned was conducted for less than a year and by an institution associated with gender violence . How many crimes are reported in Somalia ? The study isn’t peer reviewed and is a prime example of confirmation bias .

Why mention FGM if you wont explain how it happens , who is responsible and why it happens ? It’s written in a manner to make it seem like men are cutting women . You can’t distinguish between men and women throughout a paper and not do the same for the actual practice.

On shame culture, the cases she uses are twitter submissions. How many of those cases showed the mother refusing to go to the police ? A majority. To imply men sit there and tell women just suck it up is a lie . Honour is a bs concept that Somali’s rarely follow , how many fathers kill their daughters?

If you’re going to write about a serious issue then be honest and depict the full story. You can’t confuse shame (which men also experience, as she states) or fear of word getting about, for a crazy honour based culture (South Asian). The UK government has realised they’ve pumped money into the hands of idiots who’ve portrayed a situation that doesn’t happen in the UK(FGM) and will now stop. Why can’t you see that the issue here is : the more you misrepresent things, the less help actual victims get ?
So are you denying that there is gender violence in Somalia? Do you believe that women there live in harmony and free from harassment?

There's literally no indication whatsoever that men are the perpetrators of this, the article just blames the social cultural pressure in doing it and their lack of knowledge on the repercussions

The point was that powerful well respected men use their position to exploit women, don't believe so? You can just Google it and receive countless accounts of such incidents, for every crime that's reported ten more go unnoticed and kept in secret out of shame for the victim, why do you believe the mothers don't report them? Do you truly think they're just that sadistic or doing it to avoid social stigma? It's obvious

Shaming culture is definitely there in Somalia, just look at the madhiban tribes or how women are required to wear jilbaabs despite the hot temperatures, you'll have to obey a very strict routine and standard if you're a woman in Somalia, sure you might not get honor killed if you don't fit the mold but that's a very low bar and it certainly doesn't mean you're not free of being an outcast or called a wh0re

She's only highlighting injustice which every country has its fair share of, relax, nobody is after you or calling you a barbarian, I don't know why people feel victimized over these things, have you raped someone or carried out FGM? Probably not so stop getting worked up and being so defensive.

Trending