Two young xaliimo students back home have a devastating English battle. At the end the English language was in the ICU from severe beating.

Based

VIP
I saw this yesterday :chrisfreshhah: kuwaan luuqada wey kufsadeen. That girl on the right and her accent I could barely finish the video. And in typical somalian fashion they got into a mini brawl and kept grabbing the microphone from each other

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Purple hijab has the more clean accent, she also appears part Bantu.

It's good that kids have the confidence to speak funny. They seem to understand each other very well, perhaps they speak fluent Somali pidgin and we're the fools. kkk

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It's good that kids have the confidence to speak funny. They seem to understand each other very well, perhaps they speak fluent Somali pidgin and we're the fools. kkk

It’s more the fact they are unable to pronounce words properly so it sounds like gibberish to us with the odd English word.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It is one of the better sounding accents in English from Africa. Said this before.

The Habesha accent and Niger-Congo accents in English are far worse.

Most English speaking Somalia back home have the Kenyan accent.

This is because most English teachers back home are Kenyan.

Apollo

VIP

I mean the genuine Somali accent in English. Like people who learned English in Somalia without a Kenyan teacher.

Based

VIP

:francis: not true. Our english accent is far different to the Kenyan one. How is an English teacher meant to influence the way we speak

Jungle

VIP

Not at all.

How can it be a 16 year old in xamar and an uneducated 50 year old whos spent decades in the west have the same exact pronunciation of english words?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Not at all.

How can it be a 16 year old in xamar and an uneducated 50 year old whos spent decades in the west have the same exact pronunciation of english words?

Those 16 year olds probably had Somali teachers. Many exist but they’re a minority back home.

Prior to the war, most English teachers were Somali as a quarter of the population spoke English due to colonisation.

Now, Somalis mainly rely on using Kenyan or Sijuu Kenyans for English classes back home.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
:francis: not true. Our english accent is far different to the Kenyan one. How is an English teacher meant to influence the way we speak

Yes our English accent is different.

What I’m saying is that most people back home learn how to speak English from Kenyans or Kenyan Sijuu.

I went to an English language school back home in which most teachers were Bantu.

Wallahi you would think the non-diaspora kids were Nigerian the way they were speaking English.

reer

VIP

What I’m saying is that most people back home learn how to speak English from Kenyans or Kenyan Sijuu.

I went to an English language school back home in which most teachers were Bantu.

Wallahi you would think the non-diaspora kids were Nigerian the way they were speaking English.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

VIP

Lol, it is exaggerated. Yeah, there are many Kenyan English teachers, but also a bunch of Pajeet ones and also quite a few Somalia born local English teachers.

People also mostly learn foreign languages from TV and the internet, not really from school.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Lol, it is exaggerated. Yeah, there are many Kenyan English teachers, but also a bunch of Pajeet ones and also quite a few Somalia born local English teachers.

People also mostly learn foreign languages from TV and the internet, not really from school.

Bro I’m being real with you, most are from Kenya, whether Sijuu or Kenyan.

Maybe at university level it’s different.

Also many private English clinics are run by Sijuu.

I have not heard of an Indian teaching English back home. They generally do IT work or construction in Somalia.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I’m saying those that go to English language schools (ie they do all their classes in English), the teachers are Kenyan.

There are a handful of schools back home that do all their teaching in English, hire a bunch of Kenyan teachers and build a dormitory for them to sleep in.

It’s cheaper and a more reliable product than a Somali teacher.

Trending