Two Young Somali Sisters Won 1st and 2nd in Quran Competition Held in Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Why would I experience pride for Somalis winning a “Quran competition” lol?

:what1::what1: Are you even Muslim?? How can you not experince pride for your Somali sisters memorizing the Holy Qu'ran better than any other Muslim children in the world? Smh.

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
This is do random. Who's your Lord?!

He was you; a devout worshipper. Never was an insult to God's majesty uttered that he did not rebuke it. But even after ages uncounted spent in ceaseless prostration, one occurence was enough for treasure to become trash. Or so you are told. Learn from the wisdom of his example. See the true fate which awaits Mankind on the "Day of Judgment." We are not the first creation, and will not be the last. The destiny of humanity can be seen in your garbage can, or in the cracks of a potter's wheel

World

VIP
:what1::what1: Are you even Muslim?? How can you not experince pride for your Somali sisters memorizing the Holy Qu'ran better than any other Muslim children in the world? Smh.
Is memorising the Qur’an a competition to win a prize or for their ajar? smh. According to the hanafi, shafi and maliki madhab it’s not even halal. And you’re doubting my Islam for not being proud of something that may not even be halal?

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
He was you; a devout worshipper. Never was an insult to God's majesty uttered that he did not rebuke it. But even after ages uncounted spent in ceaseless prostration, one occurence was enough for treasure to become trash. Or so you are told. Learn from the wisdom of his example. See the true fate which awaits Mankind on the "Day of Judgment." We are not the first creation, and will not be the last. The destiny of humanity can be seen in your garbage can, or in the cracks of a potter's wheel

Astaghfirullah, this woman worships none other than Iblees himself! Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah. Ya Allah, Glory be to Him, protect us from Shaytaan.

In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind,
The Sovereign of mankind.

The God of mankind,
From the evil of the retreating whisperer -
Who whispers [evil] into the breasts of mankind -
From among the jinn and mankind."

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Is memorising the Qur’an a competition to win a prize or for their ajar? smh. According to the hanafi, shafi and maliki madhab it’s not even halal. And you’re doubting my Islam for not being proud of something that may not even be halal?

Making memorization for the Qu'ran a competition is a useful tool for getting children to grow a connection to the text that they otherwise wouldn't have had. Also, children are not only rewarded with money; I've heard some get a free flight to Hajj along with their family. How can that be haram?

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
Astaghfirullah, this woman worships none other than Iblees himself! Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah, Bismillah. Ya Allah, Glory be to Him, protect us from Shaytaan.

In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind,
The Sovereign of mankind.

The God of mankind,
From the evil of the retreating whisperer -
Who whispers [evil] into the breasts of mankind -
From among the jinn and mankind."

quote-strange-a-god-who-could-make-good-children-as-easily-as-bad-yet-preferred-to-make-bad-ones-who-mark-twain-299928.jpg

World

VIP
Making memorization for the Qu'ran a competition is a useful tool for getting children to grow a connection to the text that they otherwise wouldn't have had. Also, children are not only rewarded with money; I've heard some get a free flight to Hajj along with their family. How can that be haram?
Don’t argue with me, argue with the scholars warya. Reading the quran is a worship of allah and turning it into a competition where you can win money, then being prideful of the winners of such competitions? And then you question my Islam for not supporting such actions?

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Don’t argue with me, argue with the scholars warya. Reading the quran is a worship of allah and turning it into a competition where you can win money, then being prideful of the winners of such competitions? And then you question my Islam for not supporting such actions?

There's a reason why only children do competitions like this. Having adults compete amongst themselves on who worships Allah (SWT) better is haram, to put it flatly. However, learning the Qu'ran is essential and learning it from a young age is best; Qu'ran competitions and in general Islamic competitions encourage children to read, learn, and memorize the Qu'ran. I would understand if these were full-grown adults, but c'mon, these are kids. If it gets them to learn the text of Allah (SWT), then so be it.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Your little essay makes no sense.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Lol...what happened to coming in 1st and 2nd place in Science, Mathematics, Technology, Philosophy, and Economics?
Clever Somali students with clean record of topping those classes you mentioned exist and they should be encouraged to succeed but THIS specific thread is about these two little girls and their achievements.

Tukraq

VIP
Lol...what happened to coming in 1st and 2nd place in Science, Mathematics, Technology, Philosophy, and Economics?
even coming first or second in those is kind of useless if not applied, thats just learning or memorizing other peoples works, maybe we should be first in scientific discoveries, technological advancements and innovations or creating new economic/philosphical theories

Clever Somali students with clean record of topping those classes you mentioned exist and they should be encouraged to succeed but THIS specific thread is about these two little girls and their achievements.

And what is their "achievements" going to accomplish for their nation?

Somalia is already full of religious people...adding two more young minds to it is not change anything.

And you wonder why we can't move forward as a people. While the rest of the world is moving forward, we're looking backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.