Two Somalis to race in 5000m at World Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
69AmX3a4dSW3GbGw_JJ4ODMaYkwkAiLH7HR8qmDSxGuI-EkAuNDEuPQ42JP5OZLdIqLyAQplub6rBT30NZ2Tv4Izu9yzZhjrVQW8yYsMKdxpjDCBzY2ANag-r-LUAzvE=w486-h303-nc

BEIJING -- To call Mohammed Ahmed’s Wednesday morning at the 2015 IAAF World Championships in Beijing dramatic would be an understatement.

After the former Wisconsin men’s track and field standout finished third in the second heat of the 5000 meters with a season-best time of 13 minutes, 19.58 seconds to grab an automatic spot in the final, Ahmed was disqualified from the race.

Ahmed’s disqualification was for “pushing, obstructing or jostling a competitor,” as Ahmed was tangled up with two-time Olympic gold medalist Mo Farah of Great Britain with less than 200 meters to go.

However, after an appeal by Athletics Canada, Ahmed’s disqualification was overturned, which advanced him to the final.

“I kind of bumped into Mo (Farah) a little bit,” Ahmed said. “He has such a long back kick, and I do too, so we kind of stumbled upon each other. Luckily neither of us fell.

“There was a lot of jostling at the beginning. I tried to stay out of it, stayed at the back for the most part, looked for opening and navigated through the traffic. I got one of the five qualifiers so I’m happy; there was a lot of jostling. I felt really smooth out there”

The second heat was the quicker of the two sections, as 14 runners were in contention heading into the bell lap. With 180 meters remaining, Ahmed and Farah were tangled up, but both were able to keep their balance. The duo were among 10 runners sprinting to the finish as Ethiopia’s Yomif Kejelcha won the heat in 13:19.38. Farah crossed the line just before Ahmed in 13:19.44.

Ahmed is one of 15 athletes that will run in the 5000 final that takes place on Saturday at 6:30 a.m. (CT).

“I hope to be as competitive as I can, stick my nose in it and see what happens,” Ahmed said.

www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-track/spec-rel/082615aac.html

I'm looking forward to this. :denzelnigga:

Duchess

VIP
His guy who comes from the same sub sub sub clan of mo farah
he also try to push mo farah when they were racing so mo farah would lose he got disqualified for cheating:cryinglaughsmiley:

The DQ has been appealed by Athletics Canada and has been overturned. They will both race in the finals. Somali-Canadians take another W.:mjswag:

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
Wtf am I the only one who feel some type of way about this fakkit:ririwtf:f*ck this nikka and his crab in barrel mentality the fakkit could've pushed any of the other runners instead he chooses to push the other somali guy:snoop:

Duchess

VIP
Mo Farah's own words:

“Somebody caught my leg. I’ve got a long stride, it’s the way I run,” he added.“I don’t blame anyone, but even in training sometimes my training partners catch my leg which is why I sometimes have to be on the front or the back, or stay on the outside.

www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/aug/26/mo-farah-reaches-5000m-final

Mohammed Ahmed finished right behind Mo Farah. Let's see how the finals go. :mjswag:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Sensei you have a broad knowledge on peoples clan background in Canada. Is Bandit right about Ahmed, the runner.

Off-topic: :cryinglaughsmiley: My man, from now on we dap each other comments everywhere, that way we'll stay noble in this . Let's sign the pact.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
Sensei you have a broad knowledge on peoples clan background in Canada. Is Bandit right about Ahmed, the runner.

Off-topic: :cryinglaughsmiley: My man, from now on we dap each other comments everywhere, that way we'll stay noble in this . Let's sign the pact.
I got my information when I was lurking somnet earlier so idk if its true
Iight Bet will dap each other every post:gunsmiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending