Two Million Somalis In Danger Of Starvation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming soon the link from FAO.

It’s now cyclic, every two years, hundreds of thousands of Somalis have to perish because of hunger, the world had enough of feeding us and Somalis being incapable of creating a peaceful environment that we can produce enough food for ourselves. Why?

It’s now cyclic, every two years, hundreds of thousands of Somalis have to perish because of hunger, the world had enough of feeding us and Somalis being incapable of creating a peaceful environment that we can produce enough food for ourselves. Why?
What region and drop the link

In what regions

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This shit seems to happen every couple of years. I am growing tired of it. It's better not to donate and let them realize they have to plan ahead on their own.
I blame the leaders they get millions in aid but they rather steal the money then feed their citizens Somalia government so corrupt

Apollo

VIP
I blame the leaders they get millions in aid but they rather steal the money then feed their citizens Somalia government so corrupt
North,south and central as all are lead by corrupt folks

The South has the best land for agriculture, but their agricultural methods are crap and outdated.

The 2011 famine is still fresh in my memory. They were blasting starving Somalis all over Western media, it was a collective L for Somalis, and here we go again like nothing was learned.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_East_Africa_drought

The South has the best land for agriculture, but their agricultural methods are crap and outdated.

The 2011 famine is still fresh in my memory. They were blasting starving Somalis all over Western media, it was a collective L for Somalis, and here we go again like nothing was learned.
Yes i remember the shameful slander of qashin western media

@Mehmet

Link coming soon. Lack of rains in regions that are the country’s breadbasket like lower shabele and Bay will be producing 15% of food. But this drought will affect all the way to Sanaag and Bari because the droughts are hitting hard the livestock.
Those regions will make it threw

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
It's always the South, mostly.

This shit seems to happen every couple of years. I am growing tired of it. It's better not to donate and let them realize they have to plan ahead on their own.

Whether it is dying in car crashes,expired medicines or drought, one thing ive realised after being in Somalia is that no lessons are learned from any tragedy.

It's always the South, mostly.

Or it’s better to donate to something that will sustain long term. Like agricultural projects and minimizing the cursed pastoralism. Its 2019 there a new means of making income (potentially). Nomadism is just keeping the country poor

Dog pellets thrown once a year towards the poor obviously isn’t helping.

Also guys whatever you do, don’t donate to any large charities. Only send money directly to people you know. Those crooked foundations are part of the problem

Apollo

VIP
Or it’s better to donate to something that will sustain long term. Like agricultural projects and minimizing the cursed pastoralism. Its 2019 there a new means of making income (potentially). Nomadism is just keeping the country poor

Those need to advertised more then because most of the adverts are for unsustainable food aid rather than for agriculture improvement projects.

The typical food aid stuff does not work and only creates more dependency. I feel like it is a way for the West to keep Africa down.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit

Jobs are scarce and the most reliable way to survive is to own cattle. Wiping out Nomadic way of life will put the final nail in the coffin

Wallahi there are so many evil people in somalias government. You would think after 30 years of suffering and no real government people would come together and put this qabil nonsense together

Those need to advertised more then because most of the adverts are for unsustainable food aid rather than for agriculture improvement projects.

The typical food aid stuff does not work and only creates more dependency. I feel like it is a way for the West to keep Africa down.
For sure it is. NGOs make crazy money from it. Even Kheyre made enough to buy a share in an oil company lol

Jobs are scarce and the most reliable way to survive is to own cattle. Wiping out Nomadic way of life will put the final nail in the coffin
More jobs in the city and in farming would mean such a large population of he country won’t be in such a risky livelihood. I’m not saying it’s easy task to get done (and it probably won’t), but that it’s really the only way if you think about it.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
More jobs in the city and in farming so such a large population of he country won’t be in such a risky livelihood. I’m not saying it’s easy task to get done (and it probably won’t), but that it’s really the only way if you think about it.
I agree. But no sane person would give nomadism in the hope that the useless govt or useless tribal enclave, who are incapable of paving roads and managing traffic, to create jobs and bring development.

Somalia needs its own French Revolution

Poor rains in Somalia leave two-million starving.

The failure of the so-called long rains that usually sweep East Africa between March and May has caused widespread crop failure.

Drought has left nearly two-million Somalis in desperate need of food, a humanitarian agency warned Monday, as poor rainfall pushes communities to the brink across East Africa.

The Norwegian Refugee Council said hundreds of thousands of children were already suffering malnutrition in Somalia and millions had abandoned their homes in search of food in the arid, conflict-torn nation.

"The humanitarian situation has deteriorated at an alarming rate as a result of the drought," Victor Moses, the council's country director in Somalia, said in a statement.

The failure of the so-called long rains that usually sweep East Africa between March and May has caused widespread crop failures and heaped immense pressure on livestock-dependent communities in the greater region.

Somalia is enduring its third-driest long rains season since 1981.

The UN estimates that 1.7-million people are going hungry, with that figure expected to grow by another 500,000 come July.

Last week, the UN said 44,000 Somalis had left their homes in rural areas for urban centres in 2019 alone — joining the estimated 2.6-million internally-displaced people across the country.

Close to one-million children will need treatment for malnutrition in 2019.

"The deterioration has come much earlier than seen over the last decades and before affected communities could recover from the most recent drought," the UN Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs said.

But the hunger crisis could extend well beyond Somalia, with the entire Horn of Africa region at risk from drought and extreme weather exacerbated by climate change.

Almost 80% of the population in the Horn depend on farming for a living, said the UN's Food and Agriculture Organisation.

The Famine Early Warning Systems Network said in April that if rains did not materialise in May "the season will have failed and the impact on food security outcomes would be more severe than currently anticipated".

The US-funded network warned that more than 42-million people in Ethiopia, South Sudan, Somalia, Sudan, Kenya, Uganda and nearby Yemen were currently facing crisis levels of food insecurity.

In Kenya, considered the most dynamic economy in the region, the World Bank in April cited the effect of drought when trimming its growth forecast for the country in 2019.

https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/w...-rains-in-somalia-leave-two-million-starving/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts