Two famous Somali men

I believe it’s from a CIA country study.

Lol. Never heard the thing about Somali
nomadic men shortening their hair when they get married.Did the Cadaans make this up?

Imagine those men having their pics taken by a random Faranji to be one day be used by Somali diaspora kids on Twitter 😂

Attachments

• 4195CB82-7B14-4EDF-B510-C90D9BC52A2A.png
    4195CB82-7B14-4EDF-B510-C90D9BC52A2A.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 113

nomadic men shortening their hair when they get married.Did the Cadaans make this up?

Imagine those men having their pics taken by a random Faranji to be one day be used by Somali diaspora kids on Twitter 😂
Colorized 👍
IMG_1635.jpeg

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP

"Ayo farax why your hair so long?"
Farax: ...

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement

They didn't make it up it's true. Young unmarried Somali men would grow out their hair while the unmarried girls didn't wear Hijab as a non verbal signal that both of them are single. It was quite literally unspoken rizz

Source: My awoowe was a geeljire so I have recent family knowledge

They didn't make it up it's true. Young unmarried Somali men would grow out their hair while the unmarried girls didn't wear Hijab as a non verbal signal that both of them are single. It was quite literally unspoken rizz

Source: My awoowe was a geeljire so I have recent family knowledge
That’s interesting. I know braided hair was a sign of a girl ready for marriage. One of the reasons Somali parents hate boys braiding hair. 🤣

Yami

That’s interesting. I know braided hair was a sign of a girl ready for marriage. One of the reasons Somali parents hate boys braiding hair. 🤣
When I was in my emo dreadlocks era my Eedo would keep on telling me to cut it saying rude remakrs lime ma gabar baa tahay meanwhile Hooyo was too ashamed to even adress me kkkk. I never clocked that the hatred would be old geeljire era shit though just figured it was ciyaal suuq hating :dead:

Yami

Why did somalis from back in the day barely have any facial hair or body hair in general, was it shaved off for aesthetics?
Late stage puberty perhaps? We're already not an ethnicity that grows decent facial hair & people in the past who ate diets more akin to what our species evolved with entered puberty later in life. One of my friend's ayeeyo's hit puberty at 18 for example lakiin that case is rather extreme even for the time.

When I was in my emo dreadlocks era my Eedo would keep on telling me to cut it saying rude remakrs lime ma gabar baa tahay meanwhile Hooyo was too ashamed to even adress me kkkk. I never clocked that the hatred would be old geeljire era shit though just figured it was ciyaal suuq hating :dead:
That and Jamaicans being associated with it.
🤣

Trending