twitter thread about the uncovered history of colonial collaborators

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
:trumpsmirk: all i know is my guys were smoking some cadan niggas for 30 years we would rather die then allow the cadans to humiliate us
Somaliland was a protectorate.:damedamn:

They didn't exploit our resources and protected us from Ethiopian invasion.

Somalia was a colony lol. :dead: and their soldiers died for aabo Mussolini not knowing he thought of them as inferior lmao.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Somaliland was a protectorate.:damedamn:

They didn't exploit our resources and protected us from Ethiopian invasion.

Somalia was a colony lol. :dead: and their soldiers died for aabo Mussolini not knowing he thought of them as inferior lmao.
two or three of my close family reletives died fighting the British sahib correction you were a protectorate we weren't

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
Is their a proud MX leader on record shown to be anti colonialist? :fantasia2:

Marehan is a a brand name you trust like Pepsi? What's bigger than that?

:trumpsmirk:

Secondly, the whole reason Jubbaland is even Somali territory today is due to the Marehan rebellion against the British and the KAR and the Marehan Operation lead by the British to disarm the Marehan. This lead to large expenditures for the British colony as I'll show in a bit.

IMG_20200522_212425.jpg

marehan3.jpg

Rifles.jpg

Thirdly, Marehan was draining some much money from the East African Protectorate that the British parliament was ing and calacaaling about this in Westminster Hall:

"Again I would like to know what policy the Government are going to adopt. You have there a large and powerful tribe of fanatics, a branch of the Somalis called the Merehans. I understand that they are moderately well armed, and that they are warlike and live in a country which is sometimes well watered and sometimes waterless. I believe this tribe has been giving considerable trouble, and that orders have been given to disarm them. We have had trouble in the past on the Juba River in Jubaland on more than one occasion."

The Marehan rebellion was so potent that the British had to send Adoomey troops form the British East Africa:

"At the present moment I understand that practically every available man in Uganda and British East Africa has been sent up to the Merehan territory"

This came at a cost however:

"Expeditions against the Merehans and these posts on the northern frontier are very expensive luxuries, and the cost falls, I think, directly, but I am certain indirectly, on the Protectorate of British East Africa."

Lastly, tell which clans in Somalia and outside got called bastards in the British parliament? Surely, Marehan has no history of resistance:

"I turn to the other point raised by the noble Lord, the expedition against the bastard tribe of Somalis called the Merehans."

All this from a British parliament session LOL

Source:

Yeah man. I don't need figures bro all the time. Sometimes it's about the results.

Last edited:

Trending