TV food critic tries out a Somali restaurant in Chicago, gets called "India-Yare" loooooool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubble

VIP
I'm so embarrassed :oops:

They thought that was funny and caadi! I'd have called him Geedi.

That was cafe style Somali food. It's not the best prepared but it's nice.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I'm so embarrassed :oops:

They thought that was funny and caadi! I'd have called him Geedi.

That was cafe style Somali food. It's not the best prepared but it's nice.

Are you embarrassed that they called him " indha-yar".

It's caadi

Btw can you guys believe that this video already has 11k viewers ...thanks to Hiiraan.com lurking here and stealing my effing intellectual property and then posting it ...in no way could he have gotten this video...thanks to him chinaman is getting a huge traffic within a day of him posting it

Hubble

VIP
I'm sensitive to those racial things. It's not the best reputation for us.

It's being shared widely on Twitter bc other blogs were sharing. This site is watched by a lot of Somali outlets including Waagacusub.

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
I'm sensitive to those racial things. It's not the best reputation for us.

It's being shared widely on Twitter bc other blogs were sharing. This site is watched by a lot of Somali outlets including Waagacusub.
who cares, life's too short to care for petty things

Hubble

VIP
Its not petty when strangers think you're a racist. People learn about other nations on line/in print. I'd like for Somalis to be more self aware so we project a better image to the world. It's very important for trade for example.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Its not petty when strangers think you're a racist. People learn about other nations on line/in print. I'd like for Somalis to be more self aware so we project a better image to the world. It's very important for trade for example.

I'll tell you your psychological makeup

You are the type of person that cares a lot abt what others think of you and your people ...

I would like to advise you to live for yourself

Hubble

VIP

You are the type of person that cares a lot abt what others think of you and your people ...

Loooooool you're so wrong. I live selfishly and indulge myself. I'm happy with who I am but I want Somalia to climb out of backwardness.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
That food looks decent If I owned That place id serve sambosas, rice with marinated chicken/hilib throw in some sallad and potato fries and for drinks caano muus or mango juice maybe even a cocktail this is what he should have gotten

Loool must have been some misunderstanding going on he was like "jama said they eat banana with their meals"

*proceeds to mix The banana with The laxoox*

Are you embarrassed that they called him " indha-yar".

It's caadi

Btw can you guys believe that this video already has 11k viewers ...thanks to Hiiraan.com lurking here and stealing my effing intellectual property and then posting it ...in no way could he have gotten this video...thanks to him chinaman is getting a huge traffic within a day of him posting it

Hiiraan.com take pictures of you without your consent.

Once some rival clans people of Hiiraan.com cornered him in his office and demanded he put down photos of them his son took of Eid prayer at the mosque

:chrisfreshhah:

That was awsome to watch. The guy misunderstood his nickname, it wasn't meant to be racist or racial, it's common for Somalis to nickname people based their physical appearance or characeristics.

Edit: Reading the comments seems like they were not offended by it, luckily @KowDheh

In the YouTube comment section someone sends him a link of a BBC article explaining Somali nicknames and he messaged back saying interesting or thanks so I'm sure he's not offended by it anymore

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
In the YouTube comment section someone sends him a link of a BBC article explaining Somali nicknames and he messaged back saying interesting or thanks so I'm sure he's not offended by it anymore

Yeah I read it yesterday :ftw9nwa:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
That food looks decent If I owned That place id serve sambosas, rice with marinated chicken/hilib throw in some sallad and potato fries and for drinks caano muus or mango juice maybe even a cocktail this is what he should have gotten

Loool must have been some misunderstanding going on he was like "jama said they eat banana with their meals"

*proceeds to mix The banana with The laxoox*

Total misunderstanding due to a language barrier.

But I think I've done such a thing with odkac/muqumad inserted with a mashed up banana..try it!

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Omg he mashed bananas with his canjeelo. I used to do that with sabayaat. I would put olive oil, sugar and tea on my sabayaat and mash it with bananas. Wallahi it was so delicious.

Nope something like that will reflect on your career, co workers. The world became small village.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Omg he mashed bananas with his canjeelo. I used to do that with sabayaat. I would put olive oil, sugar and tea on my sabayaat and mash it with bananas. Wallahi it was so delicious.

That's what he did too

"Let's hang out with some cab drivers and see what kind of food that they eat."
"You're only supposed to do with the right hand because your left hand traditionally, in the Arab culture, is used for the dirty business."
:dwill: Then he complains about being stereotyped racially.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
"Let's hang out with some cab drivers and see what kind of food that they eat."
"You're only supposed to do with the right hand because your left hand traditionally, in the Arab culture, is used for the dirty business."
:dwill: Then he complains about being stereotyped racially.

You are one smart dude, dead on in your observation. We totally disregard his bias and stereotype. Just woow ! coolio:damedamn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts