Turkish moves in Oman

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
There are rumors that Turkey and Oman have reached a preliminary agreement on setting up a Turkish naval base in Oman. It comes at the time when Oman feels threatened by ever-growing Emirati dominance in the region. Oman feels surrounded. The Arabs are saying that the agreement goes even further and includes a second land base right at the border of Oman and Yemen.

Oman already has a British base and I believe a US one too. Those came about after the Qatar blockade when Saudi Arabia and the UAE put their greedy eyes on the $300 billion Qatari sovereign fund. It spooked Kuwait and Oman. I think Oman knows well that the Trump administration was backing the psycho MBS at that time and now wants the Turkish military bases as an additional security blanket.

I also believe the UAE led military campaign in North Yemen and its capture of the Socotra island is not sitting well with the Omani Sultanate. At the moment, the relationship between Oman and the UAE are getting colder.

And today the Turkish defense minister said that Turkey will hold the UAE accountable at right place and time for its destructive actions in the Middle East.

AbdiGeedi

If true, then Oman is no longer the "Switzerland" of the Middle-East.
The blockade of Qatar has knocked the GCC off kilter. It is politically dead now, thus, forcing inertia states like Kuwait and Oman to act. There is very bad energy between Kuwaiti Emir, Sabah Ahmad al-Sabah and the de facto ruler of Saudi Arabia, MBS at the moment.

@AbdiGeedi

Thanks for summarizing it for us. Right after Qaboos (AUN) died, an article mentioned how Oman wants to distance itself from their proplematic Gulf neighbours and how they feared they will try to gain influence over their internal affairs. I also heard Kuwait and Qatar signed millitary agreements with Turkey and are planning to allow Turkish military bases in their country. It’s a good thing Turkey is putting these Zionist Gulf traitors in their place :nvjpqts:

AbdiGeedi

@Ayubi

Turkey already has a military base in Qatar. Kuwait has entered into cooperation agreements with Turkey on defense matters.

Qatar, Kuwait and Oman are doing these moves not out of urge for justice but to save their own skins. The arrival of MBS sent shock waves through the Gulf as the above three realized all of a sudden they are expendable.

If MBS has not destroyed his image of the reformer in the West by brutally killing the journalist, Jamal Khashoggi, he would have carte blanche to purge the Gulf monarchs to reform the area aka making them his vassals and raiding their coffins.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I get taking advantage of Somalia, Syria and Libya but it's impressive if they can f*ck with khaleejis like that.
I mean Turkey already has a military base in Qatar so this doesn’t seem far fetched. Turkey is infiltrating the Middle East like it’s the Ottoman Empire the sequel :sass1:

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
I'm pro Turkey. The Khaleej are our enemies. The rise of Turkey will offset the negative impact of the GCC on Somalia and bring equilibrium to the region.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Arabs can't be in charge of the Muslim world anymore, may Sheikh Erdogan bring them to heel once again.:wow:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Oman just cancelled a billion dollar project with UAE company as well. Arab split is real :wow:

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Oman are very worried about all the weapons UAE distributes especially the ones ending up in the hands of Meheri. The issue of the Oman-Yemen disputes still not settled with Meheri living on both sides and who were engaged in the Dhofar uprising against the Ibadi ruler. Good move making deal with Turks maybe UAE can slow down what ever intent to cause in Yemen not even their allies know what they’re up.

AbdiGeedi

Where’s the link? source?

Interestingly the major Turkish defense contractor, HAVELSAN, established a joint venture in Oman in March of this year. In addition to Oman, it has permanent offices in Qatar and Kuwait.

Do you see a pattern here?

Trending