Turkey threatens to block Sweden's NATO bid after a Quran-burning at a protest!

As much Turkey wants you to believe this, they are blocking Sweden from joining NATO for geopolitical reasons. Sweden hosts hostile Kurds. They are using this to boost their image and for their own interests by using the Quran burning as one of the reasons to do it

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
As much Turkey wants you to believe this, they are blocking Sweden from joining NATO for geopolitical reasons. Sweden hosts hostile Kurds. They are using this to boost their image and for their own interests but using the Quran burning as one of the reasons to do it
Yeah you right alot prominent Kurdish figures ran to swedish for asylum. Main reason is the Turks want Sweden to give them up in return of not blocking NATO application

The Koran burner about Erdogan:

he is Using me as an excuse Rasmus Paludan's burning of the Koran may have contributed to a halt in the processing of Sweden's NATO application, but the politician has no regrets. I think this is part of Erdogan's negotiation tactics, because he wants a better negotiation result with Sweden. He is using me as an excuse to get a better result for himself, also domestically, because there will be elections in Turkey in May, Paludan told VG on Tuesday evening. In addition to being involved in Swedish politics, Paludan is party leader of the Danish far-right party Stram Kurs. This has happened: On 21 January, Turkey's foreign minister asked Sweden to prevent the planned Koran burning in Stockholm. The Swedish authorities overlooked this. The foreign minister also informed that his Swedish colleague's planned visit to Ankara on 27 January has been cancelled. Later on 21 January, the politician Paludan gave a speech in which he railed against Islam, Turkey and Swedish immigration policy, before he then set the Koran on fire. On 23 January, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that Sweden cannot count on Turkey's support in its application for NATO membership, referring to Sweden's decision to allow Paludan's demonstrations. On January 24, an adviser to Erdogan said that there is a permanent halt in the tripartite negotiations between Turkey, Sweden and Finland. Sweden's embassy in Ankara was also closed on this day.

permanent halt in the tripartite negotiations between Turkey, Sweden and Finland. Sweden's embassy in Ankara was also closed on this day.
- Freedom of speech
Paludan says he carried out Saturday's demonstration as a signal to Erdogan that he cannot interfere in how freedom of expression works in Sweden.

- My criticism of Erdogan and Islam has nothing to do with NATO membership. Nato membership also has nothing to do with religion and freedom of expression, but it is about whether Sweden has the ability and capacity to join Nato, says Paludan.

- Sweden's constitution says that there is freedom of expression - you cannot compromise on freedom of expression, the politician continues.

On Tuesday evening, Sweden's Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson urgently called a press conference, where he stated that the country's security is the most important thing.

However, Kristensson was clear that the burning of the Koran should not have consequences for the application process for NATO membership.

- In Sweden, Swedish freedom of expression applies in full. It is who we want to defend through NATO membership to defend our democracy, said the Prime Minister.

Believe in more Koran burnings
Paludan is also in favor of Swedish NATO membership

I think it would be good for Sweden and Finland to become members of NATO. That was not what my demonstration was about, but about freedom of expression, says Paludan.

Paludan goes on to say that he believes there will be more Koran burnings in the future, adding that he has received thousands of threats of violence as a result of his actions.

Attachments

• 855d1cd0-49fa-43f9-8579-d79935c7769c.jpeg
    855d1cd0-49fa-43f9-8579-d79935c7769c.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 27

Trending

Latest posts