Turkey Coup

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
None of us have supported the coup, Islamists on here just like to claim that even though we have said its wrong.

Yeah. I don't think very many people have said that, with the exception of maybe one person. It really is a generally bad idea. In fact, there's a high correlation between coups and even more repressive, totalitarian brands of rulership taking over in order to keep a lid on the population, and rule with an iron fist. Whatever the outcome of this debacle, Turkey will descend into further repression, and things will get worse before they get better.

What strikes me, is how this pro-Erdogan crowd can't seem to stomach criticism.

its much better than when it was occupied by the free secular countries.
Did you just not go to history class at all? Italy was deeply Catholic and England was deeply Anglican during colonialism. Somalis have consistently turned on or failed any type of help that was given to them to rebuild their country. I am not against Erdogan helping Somalia my question is what does he WANT for this support he is giving according to you all. Nothing is free but like children you run to the first shiny object without thinking.

Yeah. I don't think very many people have said that, with the exception of maybe one person. It really is a generally bad idea. In fact, there's a high correlation between coups and even more repressive, totalitarian brands of rulership taking over in order to keep a lid on the population, and rule with an iron fist. Whatever the outcome of this debacle, Turkey will descend into further repression, and things will get worse before they get better.

What strikes me, is how this pro-Erdogan crowd can't seem to stomach criticism.

You do know Turkey has had several Coups like this? Last one in 1980-something I think. The Military has a legal right to do a Coup d'Etat to keep Secularism intact when the current government is being to Islamic

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Did you just not go to history class at all? Italy was deeply Catholic and England was deeply Anglican during colonialism. Somalis have consistently turned on or failed any type of help that was given to them to rebuild their country. I am not against Erdogan helping Somalia my question is what does he WANT for this support he is giving according to you all. Nothing is free but like children you run to the first shiny object without thinking.

What help...

Please expand on this.

You do know Turkey has had several Coups like this? Last one in 1980-something I think. The Military has a legal right to do a Coup d'Etat to keep Secularism intact when the current government is being to Islamic
I didnt know there was an actual law for the military to act if the government was getting to Islamic. Interesting, assuming it was bc of Ataturk.

You're right, but we are not in a position to support a Coup of Turkey while its ongoing. If Erdogan stays we are with him. If the Military wins and they keep their promise, we are with them.

VixR

Veritas

I recognize that, but the situation is pretty volatile. One can only hope the military gets the outcome they've been getting thus far.

Just look at this comment I found on an AlJazeera article:
image.jpeg

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Ask all the Erdogan is our great and wonderful savior brigade you have been commenting with. Personally from family members back home all I have heard is that we have gotten a few doctors and medics.

I was referring to the comment you made about Somalis 'turning on any help given'

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Look at the outcome of every conference and interim government for the past 30 years that was set up so that Somalis could finally find common ground and build a government.

Ok I see now... :yloezpe:

You're pretty much a lost cause, I should have caught on with the 'shabab grew stronger when turkey arrived'

Goodness. :confused:

Ok I see now... :yloezpe:

You're pretty much a lost cause, I should have caught on with the 'shabab grew stronger when turkey arrived'

Goodness. :confused:
They actually were on their last legs but have made a come back. There was an old general that was killed that had them on their heels and he was fired before he could finish them off. Few months after Turkey our great savior showed up. Few months later he was killed in a hotel attack designed to get him specifically bc he was the most effective of our armed men against them. Old guard pre Siyad loyalist. He will be remembered.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Obviously there are conditions but frankly we're not in a position to pick or choose allies.

We take what we get, or we get Ethiopian """""""support"""""""""

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
They actually were on their last legs but have made a come back. There was an old general that was killed that had them on their heels and he was fired before he could finish them off. Few months after Turkey our great savior showed up. Few months later he was killed in a hotel attack designed to get him specifically bc he was the most effective of our armed men against them. Old guard pre Siyad loyalist. He will be remembered.

Yes they were on their last legs when they controlled the majority of central Somalia and all of south Somalia. Yes!

Clearly.

Anyways I don't think i can have a normal conversation with you as you're being willfully ignorant.

K bye!

Obviously there are conditions but frankly we're not in a position to pick or choose allies.

Turkey bad, but let's forget the 2011 famine when absolutely no one else gave a toss.not to mention the embarrassing number of them who get shot seem long every month but still press on to help...

Britain et al : Good but lets just forget about somaoil and their constant micromanaging of every aspect of Somali politics

I can't. :bell:

you always have a choice but by all means continue. Lets see where this goes. Just remember you were rolling with the Turks. No take backs when shit hits the fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending