Turkey continues to build up Somali National Army; new battalion returns from mountains of

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡±]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Years of Turkey army training and still 20 miles outside of Mogadishu in Ceelasha is controlled by Al Shabaab, what a waste of resources, Gor Gor kulhaa, I would acknowledge their military training and being commandos when they go after A.S and show me some dead bodies and free some villages but untill then they are as useless as AMISON and SNA tribal militia. :drakekidding:

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
You PL folks don't want to be part of SNA so why complaining if they send everything to Xamar?

Mooryaanism 101: "if I can't get my way, I should destroy what exists." As a consequence of their qabilist-outlook, they view the Federal Government as suspect and threatening because their "people" are not overseeing it; hence the accusations of the SNA being a tribal militia. At no point are these criticisms ever applied to clan authorities, like Puntland, who employ clan militias of their own. Just another microcosm of how self-serving and dysfunctional clan identity is.

Som

VIP
Mooryaanism 101: "if I can't get my way, I should destroy what exists." As a consequence of their qabilist-outlook, they view the Federal Government as suspect and threatening because their "people" are not overseeing it; hence the accusations of the SNA being a tribal militia. At no point are these criticisms ever applied to clan authorities, like Puntland, who employ clan militias of their own. Just another microcosm of how self-serving and dysfunctional clan identity is.
Exactly. If an MJ was president of Somalia and did exactly what Farmaajo is doing PL landers would support him

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Those criticisms are not valid to Puntland cause Puntland does not claim to be a national army, it can employ whatever it wants on its own and to its own desires.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
You PL folks don't want to be part of SNA so why complaining if they send everything to Xamar?
Lets look at the facts.

Hybrid Conflict, Hybrid Peace How militias and paramilitary groups shape post-conflict transitions

Not surprisingly, no integration of the PMPF or PSF is under discussion. However, the previous Puntland administration of Abdiweli Gaas (President from 2014–18) agreed to integrate 2,400 darwish into the SNA. Yet, despite the existence of a trust fund dedicated to the purpose, the Farmajo Administration failed to pay the integrated soldiers for 18 months after the integration supposedly occurred. When Dani assumed the presidency of the state in 2018, he was at odds with the federal Government over the issue and worried that the darwish forces turning loose or defecting to their communities. At the beginning of 2020, he recalled the integrated soldiers β€” who had been biometrically registered with the SNA β€” and designated them a special police force under his control.

Arguably, the failure to integrate the Puntland darwish has been a critical mistake of the Farmajo Administration, and has set back the national State-building process. If the integration had proceeded well, the SNA would have been strengthened, reducing the number of militias and potentially addressing long-standing centre-periphery tensions. Instead, following the aborted integration process, tensions between the federal Government and Puntland have significantly worsened. This has further contributed to a deterioration of relations between the Emirates β€” Puntland’s external sponsor β€” and Mogadishu, potentially making future integrations harder to negotiate.

Trending

Latest posts