Turkey building another military base for Somali armed forces

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Surely not at that bad a ratio.

i am afraid that it is true. It is not permanent just beginning to pay of for their services. They are the ones providing the funding for the entire operation. This is their way of repayment for it.

our oil fields and underwater oil fields are enormous, once we have full control we will have acces to the rest of the oil.

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
You negroes are getting scammed BIGLY. Look at the 90/10 deal for instance. Sad.
Gudoomiye Mehdi, horta wa ku salaamay. Now on to my point, why is it that we somalis expect everything for free? There ain't no such thing as a free lunch, and considering the deep hole Somalia dug for itself, there is no way we can climb out by ourselves. Especially with our neighbours finally on their feet. Unfortunately beggars can't be choosers, and Somalia is definitely not in a position to be negotiating thanks to our sad past and present of having these emotional men with vaginas as leaders. We put ourselves in this, and it's about time we took ourselves out of it doing whatever that must be done.

You negroes are getting scammed BIGLY. Look at the 90/10 deal for instance. Sad.
Terrible deal. Give 100% for the contractors. The oil give all of it to Turkey and let them invest back in Somalia. Trust me I rather have the Turks take it all and then trickle it back rather some corrupt Somali taking it and not giving back anything

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
I hope it will be a Naval base. Somalia needs the Turkish navy here if we are to explore and extract hydrocarbons.

I prefer they have their own..

Like somaliland have a big military complex in Dararweyne where all the training takes places. And have boarding facilities for recruits.

Maybe with these talks they can declare piece between each other and cooperate

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Our own navy base should be there too. Unfortunately, there are nefarious actors around us, the UAE being the most dangerous. We should not also discount Kenya as there is a maritime dispute between countries. Without an external partner that can offer protection it will be hard to stand against those actors. Just look at Libya, How ENI and Total were plundering this war-torn country for profits.

Unification is the only way forward for Somalis if we want to be truly independent on the international arena in the future. If oil is found off the coast of Somalia, we can develop and be even better than the Gulf countries.

What I like about Turkey is that they can offer the total package from exploration, extraction, auxiliary facilities, power plants to military protection.

With right planning the Somali nation can rise and develop. Imagine Mogadishu, Hargeisa, Kismayo, Galkayo, Berbera and Garowe turning into modern cities lit with light, wide-spanning streets, stunning buildings bustling with activity.

Other states, namely, Jubbaland, should have this investment and bases to train its military who are actually serious about freeing the land instead of terrorizing their people. Hawiye military have proven that they are not any better then alshabab thus far.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
This news gotta be fairly fresh. Usually the Western and Arab media go bat-chit crazy like banana baboons when they hear about the Turkish military movements. I haven't seen this news in the West yet.

Trending

Latest posts