Trying to learn French in 6 months

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
I’m going to learn French in the next 6 months. Anyone speak French here? Also can you guys suggest any good French movies?

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
I’m going to learn French in the next 6 months. Anyone speak French here? Also can you guys suggest any good French movies?

French is very hard (In my opinion). I learnt it in three years and still forget from time to times. Its weird though, since I understand but it takes me long to respond back!

People say its easy, but hell no. If you know Somali, Arabic and English, and + its going to be hard, due to accent and also due to Englishization!
In 6 months, master the basics to a L1 medium speaking!

Les Diaboliques - A old yet famous movie in French!, might not appease you though!

NotMyL

VIP
Learning a language takes years. Don't fall for those ''fluent in six months'' scam programs.
How did you know? I just watched video that convinced me I can learn any new language in 6 months :mjcry:
French is very hard (In my opinion). I learnt it in three years and still forget from time to times. Its weird though, since I understand but it takes me long to respond back!

People say its easy, but hell no. If you know Somali, Arabic and English, and + its going to be hard, due to accent and also due to Englishization!
In 6 months, master the basics to a L1 medium speaking!

Les Diaboliques - A old yet famous movie in French!, might not appease you though!
How do people learn a language and the forget about it :farmajoyaab:

Learning a language takes years. Don't fall for those ''fluent in six months'' scam programs.

Depends on your age, and how commited you are to the cause. Theoretically speaking, you could learn a language in 8-12 months, if you practice for 5+ hours. Using the language as the only type of communication.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
How did you know? I just watched video that convinced me I can learn any new language in 6 months :mjcry:

How do people learn a language and the forget about it :farmajoyaab:
When you don't speak it or not in a adaptation that does not speak it, it will make you forget!

Also, It depends on your variation of french. You speak Canadian French - Not same as French French
Djiboutian French - Nope!
It really depends on your surrounding and how dedicated you are!

Learnt English in a year and a half (around). I was a kid. I think that struggling and making urself learn by tlaking to people and reading is uselful.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
The U of M used to offer French classes, I don’t know if they still do.

Where are you going to learn it? I want to learn Spanish.

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
I’ve been wanting to learn French for time but get so distracted and unmotivated, anyone have any tips on how to stay focused on language learning?

I feel the only possible way I can learn Arabic or French is if I live in a place where they speak it wallahi, I’m that low iq.
:wow::wow1:

NotMyL

VIP
I remember my struggles with learning English. It took some years. :whoa:
Really? English is so easy tho how did you find it so hard.
The U of M used to offer French classes, I don’t know if they still do.

Where are you going to learn it? I want to learn Spanish.
No I was thinking of doing it online, I took French in high school but haven’t learned much. Spanish seems easy, my little nieces speak it fluently but I don’t care for Spanish it sounds boring lol
J'ai parlez petite fransais,
vous grosse vieille chienne :samwelcome:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

No I was thinking of doing it online, I took French in high school but haven’t learned much. Spanish seems easy, my little nieces speak it fluently but I don’t care for Spanish it sounds boring lol

vous grosse vieille chienne :samwelcome:

qui est venu en premier? dépression ou obésité?

Apollo

VIP

I didn't really say it was hard, just that it took time. By the way, this was years ago when I was a kid, but I do remember a time when I didn't speak it, so I have some idea that it takes some time to learn a language. You can't rush it in months.

Trending