True story of an Oromo claiming Somali

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a Somali restaurant here that is connected to a convenience store.

One of the restaurants workers is from the Jubbas. The convenience store was recently opened up and the owner of that store claimed to be Somali and also claimed the same sub sub clan as the restaurant worker.

Anyways, the restaurant worker was going to a Jubbaland event and invited the owner to the event. The convienece store owner declined and said he was busy.

The restaurant worker kept inviting him to other events and to meet his friends and family of the clan he's claiming so they can get to know each other and be friends and stuff. He keeps declining.

The restaurant worker doesn't think any of it but asks other people of the clan if they know this corner store owner. They never heard of him even though he claims to be from a town in the Jubbas that they are familiar with.

The restaurant owner gets suspicious and then was told by an Oromo who frequents the restaurant that the corner store owner is not Somali but in fact Oromo. And is suffering from identity issues. Both his parents are Oromos

He can speak Somali as well which is not really surprising.

:wtf:

I'm thinking maybe he claimed Somali to the authorities to come here but why continue with the act with Somalis?

Or if not lying to the authorities, why claim Somali at all?

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
If he speaks Somali he's probably an Oromo from Ethiopia, perhaps Dire Dawa. Why claim the Jubbas?:camby:

SuldaanMethylamine

Scheming from Salaxley
Lol I remember this one time in Hargeisa when this Oromo kid got caught trying to fake a qabiil. I was chilling with my younger abti and this geezer from my subsubsubclan outside his shop one night and this kid comes up to us offering to shine our shoes.
Geezer says to me: War waa ciyaal qoti ah
Oromo kid: Maya adeer, Somali baan ahay
Geezer: Haye qoloma tahay? :stopit:
Oromo kid: Habar Yonis :damedamn:
Geezer: Yaad ka tahay Habar Yonis? :mjpls:
Oromo kid: :eminemdamn::jcoleno: :mjcry:
Geezer: :sureman::sass2:
Me and my Abti: :ohdamn::mjlol:

Q

Queen Carawelo

There's also a doctor in MN who's Eriterian but claims to be Somali. In his defense, he was born in Somalia. His dad died when he was little and his mom married a Somali guy.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
If he speaks Somali he's probably an Oromo from Ethiopia, perhaps Dire Dawa. Why claim the Jubbas?:camby:
Kulaha Dire Dawa majority Oromo speakers are the bi-lingual Gurgura they have their Dir lineage, f*ck would they claim to be from Jubba. He was probably an Oromo that grew up in Somalia, the Oromos that were granted citizenship during the Barre regime or fled to Somalia.

Q

Queen Carawelo

Kulaha Dire Dawa majority Oromo speakers are the bi-lingual Gurgura they have their Dir lineage, f*ck would they claim to be from Jubba. He was probably an Oromo that grew up in Somalia, the Oromos that were granted citizenship the Barre regime.

I know plenty of habesha who's ancestors were born and lived in Dire Dawa. They own properties also.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
I know plenty of habesha who's ancestors were born and lived in Dire Dawa. They own properties also.
It's the second biggest city of Ethiopia. What do you expect. It's the future industrial zone.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I use to a few confused Amharas who aren't even Muslim claim somali. He's somali because that's where he grew up.

Somali was an ethnicity and a nationality.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Kulaha Dire Dawa majority Oromo speakers are the bi-lingual Gurgura they have their Dir lineage, f*ck would they claim to be from Jubba. He was probably an Oromo that grew up in Somalia, the Oromos that were granted citizenship during the Barre regime or fled to Somalia.

What does this have to do with Dir? :childplease: AJ said the Oromo was invited to a Jubbaland event so it's safe to assume he was pretending to be Ogaden. The Oromos who border Somalis in Ethiopia are very proficient in Somali. Most Oromos in Kenya can not pass as Somali because their Af Somali is trash. Based on my personal experience, Oromos from Dire Dawa speak Somali like natives.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Many Oromos in Dire Dawa are fluent in af somali. A lot of the maids hired by my relatives are Oromos and some of them speak better Somali than me. :damedamn:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Somalis think if they can speak Oromo they are Oromo. You should ask them their clan.

In AbdiJohnson case it's a sheegad from Kenya, definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.