Trolls abuse new AI-generated voice service with deepfake celebrity voices saying ludicrous things

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

GemState

36/21
VIP
OF itself will probably just be done. When the AI chatbot talks to a man with personalized voice messages, personalized texts, and personalized pics of his favourite celebrity, what part of a parasocial relationship can OF fulfill?

OF itself will probably just be done. When the AI chatbot talks to a man with personalized voice messages, personalized texts, and personalized pics of his favourite celebrity, what part of a parasocial relationship can OF fulfill?
Didn't even think about OF angle, dudes might just fall in love with the AIs like in that Joaquin Phoenix movie 'Her' :dwill:

I was thinking more about political implications, imagine somebody making a deepfake of HSM insulting other qabils.... or even the further degradation of reading skills.

GemState

36/21
VIP
Didn't even think about OF angle, dudes might just fall in love with the AIs like in that Joaquin Phoenix movie 'Her' :dwill:

I was thinking more about political implications, imagine somebody making a deepfake of HSM insulting other qabils.... or even the further degradation of reading skills.
I've said it for a while but Social media should be banned in Africa, until literacy hits 99%.

One thing I rate about communists is they understood dirt poor developing countries need to ban emigration + high levels of societal control to get anywhere.

Why are they creating such useless and harmful things?
It’s not useless, just this AI is enough to allow all freelance dubbers, game devs, and filmmakers to forgo voice artists. Boom another field destroyed, which is the yardstick we measure on how good AI is. Ideally every field will be AI powered in the future.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
It’s not useless, just this AI is enough to allow all freelance dubbers, game devs, and filmmakers to forgo voice artists. Boom another field destroyed, which is the yardstick we measure on how good AI is. Ideally every field will be AI powered in the future.
Should I be scared as a software engineering major?

:bell:

Should I be scared as a software engineering major?

:bell:
On a long enough time scale no. Don’t expect to remain a software engineer 20-30 years from now and if unlucky 10 years from now.

you’re safe now but AI like chatgpt is very helpful at coding I even used it to make a snake game in C and I barely know programming. The day you ask a computer to code something for you and it does it seamlessly and without error is coming soon.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I would clone Maya Jama’s voice imagine sleeping to her voice :mjpls:

Erythrean

🇺🇸 PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
On a long enough time scale no. Don’t expect to remain a software engineer 20-30 years from now and if unlucky 10 years from now.

you’re safe now but AI like chatgpt is very helpful at coding I even used it to make a snake game in C and I barely know programming. The day you ask a computer to code something for you and it does it seamlessly and without error is coming soon.
What major is safe then?
F8265B41-A245-4B1B-81AE-861CCDB502E7.png

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
I've said it for a while but Social media should be banned in Africa, until literacy hits 99%.

One thing I rate about communists is they understood dirt poor developing countries need to ban emigration + high levels of societal control to get anywhere.

Smartphones / internet is the cigarettes of 21st century, the harms will be fully seen incouple of years, maybe even less.

Can you please not scare people about the AI boogeyman? ChatGPT can make a snake game but that's not the "end all be all" for a programming. At its current stage ChatGPT is just a meme.

ChatGPT doesn't understand the concept of 'fact', it's just a model to output text that is 'likely' based on its training corpus. It's very easy to get ChatGPT to output made up shit.

I don't see it getting that complex for a very long time. It won't replace good software developers in our lifetime. Its great for boilerplate code and maybe a quick lookup the best way to do some algorithm with certain data structures but overall it's just going to be another tool for all devs to use.