Tristan da Cunha's failed attempt to sack Mogadishu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20190207-161102_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20190207-161119_Discord.jpg

Is this the return of the History forum.:gladbron:
Looks like @macaan have manage to revive the once dead History forum to it's former glory with a couple of sick threads:lawd:
And great thread @Struggle , Ajuuran was never a tributary towards Ethiopia:fittytousand:

Last edited:
The one who led the sacking of Zeila was Lopo Soares, a respected admiral who became the second govenor of portugals most important colony, Portugese India.

This info is to people that think that Portugal didn't even try cause we were unimportant.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
The Portuguese under Tristão da Cunha were defeated by the Ajuran Sultanate in the battle of Barawa.

ElohJxbRRhuoyvwvS2zfvg.png

The Portuguese under João de Sepúvelda were defeated by the Ajuran Sultanate in the battle of Mogadishu.

bh6PRiIYS3iyiphhuk_l8Q.png

Another Portuguese commander called Vasco Da Gama failed to conquer Mogadishu, Barawa and Zeila.

0-lo1fAJRDqpX7AfkbOGzg.png

More sources explaining why the Portuguese failed to capture Somali ports against the Ajuran Sultanate.

VUI1t2yhRu_9_c0Vn8hCRA.png

The Ajuran Sultanate sent fleets to support their Ottomans ally to liberate the Swahili coast that were colonized by the Portuguese.

6ev5-4n3RUe5bgvFQcx-RA.png

Nice find! @Struggle

From Portuguese invaders to Black Hawk Down, reer Mog be always delivering the karbaash!
:salute:

Interesting to note that after the destruction of Berbera and Zeila, the Portuguese fleet sailed to Hormuz, an island south of Iran that was home to the Fort of Our Lady of the Conception.

The island was finally captured by the Safavid Persians, with support from the East India Company (an influential British trading company with their own private army) in 1622.

Last edited:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
How do we it wasn’t the Reer xamar that defeated these guys?

Don't derail this thread. Ajuran state was well known by the Portuguese. @Yeeyi you need to learn your history and read this.

It was this state who defeated them.

R4tIMFF.png

lZSwvGbMR9CiDBKhZYPGqA.png

Mogadishu was known to be a province of Ajuran. Even the famous Portuguese traveller called Vasco Da Gama confirmed Ajuran Sultanate ruling Mogadishu.

upload_2018-6-24_10-52-53-png.48479

Mudaffar dynasty only ruled Mogadishu which was an Ajuran province and the dynasty was part of the Ajuran stock.

XabVnPE8RumszMGBD1LPyw.png

You know Moorshe is a sub-clan of Ajuran right that once dominated Mogadishu? After the fall of Ajuran Sultanate. Hawiye replaced them and established the Hiraab Imamate.

rvgo6AB.png

Last edited:
Don't derail this thread. Ajuran state was well known by the Portuguese. @Yeeyi you need to learn your history and read this.

R4tIMFF.png

Mogadishu was known to be a province of Ajuran. Even the famous Portuguese traveller called Vasco Da Gama confirmed Ajuran Sultanate ruling Mogadishu.

Mudaffar dynasty only ruled Mogadishu which was an Ajuran province and the dynasty was part of the Ajuran stock.

You know Moorshe is a sub-clan of Ajuran right that once dominated Mogadishu? After the fall of Ajuran Sultanate. Hawiye replaced them and established the Hiraab Imamate.

rvgo6AB.png
I’m gonna do my own research. See what I can dig up!

R4tIMFF.png

rvgo6AB.png
I know, what I meant with that was that reer xamars might have helped us a little, with manpower or money, but it was ethnic somali that won the war
I have always known that ethnic somalis used to rule the city:fittytousand:

I know, what I meant with that was that reer xamars might have helped us a little, with manpower or money, but it was ethnic somali that won the war
I have always known that ethnic somalis used to rule the city:fittytousand:
Not really your being revisionist! Should post some sources saying Arabs controlled East African trade?

Dude there is TOO much evidence that Arabs founded Mogadishu, Barawe, and. Merka. If you can’t accept that then I don’t know what to tell you. Grant refuted you more than a million times already! I can’t look at Somali related Wikipedia articles anymore because of your revisionism! Read what the ancients wrote bro. The Ancient Azanians who lived in modern day East Africa were red skinned. Since when are Somalis red skinned? ALL my sources are from ancient sources. We’re these sources lying? Refute these sources. No offense but what kind student were you in school. Are you in anyway shape or form intelligent? Proof of your intelligence? Like test scores. I’m not Einstein but I got average scores.

Chill bro, It's pretty unrealistic that some arabs/persian founded benadir coast.

You know about Europeens bias towards arabs/berbers when talking about africa.
Western before belived that Mali empire was a berber empire cause berber were closer to europeens. and most sources that say that arab founded benadir are western

Anyway there are proof of trading activity in mogadishu before Islam aka before arabs/persians

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Dude there is TOO much evidence that Arabs founded Mogadishu, Barawe, and. Merka. If you can’t accept that then I don’t know what to tell you. Grant refuted you more than a million times already! I can’t look at Somali related Wikipedia articles anymore because of your revisionism! Read what the ancients wrote bro. The Ancient Azanians who lived in modern day East Africa were red skinned. Since when are Somalis red skinned? ALL my sources are from ancient sources. We’re these sources lying? Refute these sources. No offense but what kind student were you in school. Are you in anyway shape or form intelligent? Proof of your intelligence? Like test scores. I’m not Einstein but I got average scores.

I told you not to derail this thread. Ask anybody here and they'll all tell you Grant is the one who has been refuted.

1. Azanians were Cushitic related to Somalis with same phenotype and skin colour. @Apollo can confirm that for you.

2. Arabs came in the medieval times as refugees or merchants.

3. Modern day scholars all agree Mogadishu existed way before Islam and goes back to the first century and it's believed to be Sarapion. It used to be part of the Somali city-states and it was inhabited by the Barbara people who are believed to be the ancestors of modern day Somalis.

ivBW85LtRhCq866LVP18vA.png

I told you not to derail this thread. Ask anybody here and they'll all tell you Grant is the one who has been refuted.

1. Azanians were Cushitic related to Somalis with same phenotype and skin colour. @Apollo can confirm that for you.

2. Arabs came in the medieval times as refugees or merchants.

3. Modern day scholars all agree Mogadishu existed way before Islam and goes back to the first century and it's believed to be Sarapion. It used to be part of the Somali city-states and it was inhabited by the Barbara people who are believed to be the ancestors of modern day Somalis.

ivBW85LtRhCq866LVP18vA.png
It doesn’t what’s you guys says facts are facts bro! Sarapion what name of Greek person who visited the place. Why did Ancient Romans write that Arabs controlled East African trade? Stop falsely accusing me of things bro.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
It doesn’t what’s you guys says facts are facts bro! Sarapion what name of Greek person who visited the place. Why did Ancient Romans write that Arabs controlled East African trade? Stop falsely accusing me of things bro.

The ancient Greek sailors confirmed the inhabitants of east Africans and their cities. Mogadishu was one of them. You told me to pull out an ancient source and I did and for your information. Somali-city states were independent.

zXmKoBNaSHe5LBehoyxYxg.png

tsVPmfcYSp6ZhhHXgbQJew.png

Here is the truth about the Benadir coast and I don't know why you think it's a bad thing but these are authentic sources. Arabs did not found or rule shit, they got permission from the Somalis to settle in Mogadishu. They paid tribute to the local Somali rulers to stay and Somalis retained their political and numerical dominance in Mogadishu.

It's why Benadiri people speak Somali because you mixed with the local native Somalis and adopted our language.

upload_2017-1-8_21-38-48-png.11360

upload_2017-1-8_23-4-16-png.11368

Here is the link: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=3SapTk5iGDkC&pg=PA252&dq=despite+the+traditions+muslim+immigrants+founded+benadir&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyw8fL_4PdAhUiLcAKHVHUAv4Q6AEIKTAA#v=onepage&q=despite the traditions muslim immigrants founded benadir&f=false

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending