Trip down Memory lane- Somalia

While Somalia's current political situation may make it difficult to document the country's architectural and cultural heritage, there are still some sources available for those interested in exploring Somalia's rich history. I want make a thread documenting our beautiful country in all its glory. Somalia was once an important center of commerce and culture in the region, with major trading ports playing key roles in the Indian Ocean trade network. The country was also known for its art, literature, and architecture, with examples of ancient Somali architecture still visible today. Theard to document beautiful pictures and videos of Somalia.Despite the challenges facing Somalia today, there is still much to be celebrated and explored in the country's rich cultural and architectural heritage. By learning about and documenting Somalia's past, we can help preserve its legacy for future generations.
53260602_2226613284321345_6234052383404457984_n.png

75233638_2424767931172545_1201793812913979392_n.jpeg

ae054f186df1a2918c3ebeb2e914f900.jpeg

images.jpeg

4655972424_c3f6b2cdcb_z.jpeg

4655186879_83f6d9e0cc_z.jpeg

079_001.jpeg

5311139511_eae084fe36_b.jpeg
download.jpeg

Last edited:
Even the people looked physically better back then, mental health and overall Somali culture has radically deteriorated since then.

mahamdov

Nabaddoonka Somaaliyeed "
Majority of those buildings were built by somalis you wasaq
You cannot hide the Italian role in the city. They are the ones who set the laws and built roads and hotels 40% of Mogadishu's population was Italian in 1935 And don't forget schools and everything civilized almost .

The worst generation of Somalis and probably other Africans has to be the ones born between the 40s-60s. What an utterly cursed generation for destroying the rightful inheritance of their children

You cannot hide the Italian role in the city. They are the ones who set the laws and built roads and hotels 40% of Mogadishu's population was Italian in 1935 And don't forget schools and everything civilized almost .
no denying that but majority of the pictures are older xamar weyna and shangani and via Roma of which in these pics I can count Italian built buildings which there is no problem in it as its part of our history and city. But majority of the city grew from 1960-1990.

The worst generation of Somalis and probably other Africans has to be the ones born between the 40s-60s. What an utterly cursed generation for destroying the rightful inheritance of their children
60-80 just might be worse won't let us make peace

mahamdov

Nabaddoonka Somaaliyeed "
no denying that but majority of the pictures are older xamar weyna and shangani and via Roma of which in these pics I can count Italian built buildings which there is no problem in it as its part of our history and city. But majority of the city grew from 1960-1990.
The slums grew after 1960, and the Nomad settled in the city, and everything was destroyed in 1991.If the Italians had not come, Mogadishu would have remained a city suffering from conflict between the tribes and surrounded by walls toto protect it from nomad raids

60-80 just might be worse won't let us make peace
Imo it was the earlier generation that had it all but destroyed it all thru sheer stupidity. Those in the 80s were living through the destruction brought by their parents. So yeah the 60s-80s gen may be bad but you have to remember it’s much harder to remold people who went thru massive trauma

I feel the Italian influence is somewhat exaggerated. If I'm correct they built mostly one strip of Xamar. From the sea area up to Fiat.
No 4, Villa Somalia, many other buildings, houses, schools, stadium, hospitals like Digfer were built by Somalis.

Trending

Latest posts