Tribute to Our Beautiful Somali culture by Somali Students in Seattle U. Such a Beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Jaandheer from the Northern regions of Somalia and Dhaanto had me swinging and dancing. I turned this on for my cousins who are 20 and 19 and made them watch. I demanded they participate next year at their U .

:russ:

It was fun. I can dance pretty good. Shirib was beautiful too. I watched a lot of it back in the days.

Most people only know dhaanto , there are so many dances. Ciyaar Saylici, hari mahee, jaandheer, wilisaqo, saar , diisoow etc

I personally didn't know we had this many versions of cultural dances. This video was an eye opener. I went on a spree video fishing expedition on YouTube last night afterwards.

I slept to this

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Yea, this is what makes their efforts even more amazing. All Somali regions are represented including Xamaris and benadiri.

Just Amazing thought and efforts went into this and any Somali with an ounce of dignity and love feels uplifted instantly.

They even included Cisa/Afar dance.

That’s what I was thinking . Every single region was covered :it0tdo8:

@Schematics

So u said your 20 year olds nephews?? so me and u are the same age? hhhmmmmm

giphy.gif

Basra, you worry about trivial matters. My insults earlier after your first uncivilized comment was a warning shot. Now we are friends sweetie. Behave and I am gonna indulge you.

Haye, what was your question again?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Basra, you worry about trivial matters. My insults earlier after your first uncivilized comment was a warning shot. Now we are friends sweetie. Behave and I am gonna indulge you.

Haye, what was your question again?

Me behave?? I am trying to shukaansi u since we r the same age ya sheikh secular mixed with traditionalist

Autruche_Ostrich_8_Jerome_Guillaumot_Masai_Mara_uxga.jpg

Me behave?? I am trying to shukaansi u since we r the same age ya sheikh secular mixed with traditionalist

Autruche_Ostrich_8_Jerome_Guillaumot_Masai_Mara_uxga.jpg

I don't do married women though. Plus your admission to preferring xaar laced bottom to a clean one had me almost puke.

Qurunkaada yaa ku ag istaagi karo Basra? Acuudu Billahi. Instead of getting excited, i would hold my nose through out. f*ck that. I am not down for that wasaq.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I don't do married women though. Plus your admission to preferring xaar laced bottom to a clean one had me almost puke.

Qurunkaada yaa ku ag istaagi karo Basra? Acuudu Billahi. Instead of getting excited, i would hold my nose through out. f*ck that. I am not down for that wasaq.

looooooooooooooooool But i dont stink in real life, i was emphasizing a point. The Western people stunk but were outwardly clean and elegant lol

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Having chemistry with someone is not the same as being able to control someone's negative impulses. I think I did good on getting Basra to behave a little and act Normal.

Let us see how long that lasts.

20160729064604_195482823_3204_0.jpg

He turned you into a Geisha, oh Basra how smitten and submissive are you atm.
this is how you made @Schematics feel.
:banderas:

She likes attention. Gets involved in conversations because she does not want the light to shine on you Ugaaso. Not fair to younger beauties looking to garner necessary attention from prospects.

She is up on my grill but I tolerate the old hag. Can't deny her the medicine she needs to keep her out of spiral.

A little morsel of fake adulation here and there keeps her in check.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
She likes attention. Gets involved in conversations because she does not want the light to shine on you Ugaaso. Not fair to younger beauties looking to garner necessary attention from prospects.

She is up on my grill but I tolerate the old hag. Can't deny her the medicine she needs to keep her out of spiral.

A little morsel of fake adulation here and there keeps her in check.

Schematics,

I am sniffing u! Is Knowles your sister?

Not all Somalis share the same culture and dances.

Where Im from they would stone the girl if she did niiko and niiko is a degenerate cultural dance for some Somali people that my folks look down on. We dont all share the same culture. Lets be honest. There is no such thing as 'Somali culture'.

@Factz
@CaliTedesse

Am I right?

@Schematics

Sxb, I got for you the deal of the millennium that you can’t refuse. How about if I offer you a deal of buy one and get another one for free, or in another words, two for the price of one. Both girls are very beautiful, have great qualities and are well educated. One studied with the the Somali hero, Xaawo Taako and both were class 1949 who graduated from Dugsiga Macallin Dhiblaawe. The other one has all the degrees that Garowe University has to offer and she won Garowe’s homecoming Queen ten consecutive years, all on technicality after all the other contestants were disqualified because they were goats. I’m offering you this unbelievable deal because you are a decent guy, honourable man and a gentleman.

@Basra and @Ugaaso get ready girls and don’t let the groom wait 4 too long.

Not all Somalis share the same culture and dances.

Where Im from they would stone the girl if she did niiko and niiko is a degenerate cultural dance for some Somali people that my folks look down on. We dont all share the same culture. Lets be honest. There is no such thing as 'Somali culture'.

@Factz
@CaliTedesse

Am I right?

Don't start clan talk in this thread. Nobody gives a f*ck about your clan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending