Tracking the 3 Somali-Canadians running for Canadian parliament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahmed Hussen, Liberal
Trailing 3% against NDP candidate in opinion polling

fkqR31HX.jpg

2cwqzhu.jpg

Abdul Abdi, Conservative
Trailing 7% against Liberal candidate, riding was held by Conservative foreign minister until he stepped down.

AbdulAbdi1.png

6jhiww.jpg

Faisal Hassan, NDP
Trailing more than 20% against Liberal candidate
DSC_0009.JPG

k1s9zq.jpg

I will update this thread often. They release new numbers about once a week.

So all candidates are now trailing but one is basically neck and neck. But they are all second place in their races.

Election is over 7 weeks away. Things change. It was only just last month both Abdul and Ahmed were leading in their ridings.

Somalis traditionally support the centrist Liberals.

Etobicoke North where Faisal Hassan is running is home to thousands of Somalis and the largest Somali community in Canada. One newspaper said 80,000 Somalis live in Etobicoke. If that is the case, it seems like they are rejecting him for their Liberal party.

The Somalis are not supporting their fellow Somali. They have the votes. I suspect clan is at play here. Somalis usually vote. Are their Liberal party allegiances too strong to support their fellow Somali?

"About 80,000 of Toronto’s 100,000 residents of Somali background live in north Etobicoke"

Source: http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...ters-want-answers-as-crack-allegations-linger

Faisal Hassan's race is the most interesting even though he is 20%+ votes behind in a Somali vote rich area. I will keep you guys updated until the Election

Yes. I read somewhere people who are quoted get a notification. I think it is said in your settings unless she took it off.

The last one is running in Toronto. Ahmed is also running in Toronto for some reason. He lives in Ottawa South. :what:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
The Somalis are not supporting their fellow Somali. They have the votes. I suspect clan is at play here. Somalis usually vote. Are their Liberal party allegiances too strong to support their fellow Somali?

"About 80,000 of Toronto’s 100,000 residents of Somali background live in north Etobicoke"

Source: http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...ters-want-answers-as-crack-allegations-linger

Faisal Hassan's race is the most interesting even though he is 20%+ votes behind in a Somali vote rich area. I will keep you guys updated until the Election

As a resident of Etobicoke, I can tell you that barely anyone supports Faisal Hassan. Most people are confused as to why he's even running. I don't think clan has anything to do with it tbh because he's Dhulbahante. Ahmed Hussen is MJ and is getting heavy support in a nearby riding, so clan isn't the issue.:kobeok:

Btw, Ahmed Hussen lives in Toronto. The Canadian Somali Congress is based in Toronto and he works at a Toronto-based law firm.

http://irepresent.ca/?page_id=101

Sensei, he recently bought a house near where Hiiraan.com owner lives in the south end. I've seen him in Ottawa and the area countless times

Does this guy live in two cities. :wtf:

Duchess

VIP
Sensei, he recently bought a house near where Hiiraan.com owner lives in the south end. I've seen him in Ottawa and the area countless times

Does this guy live in two cities. :wtf:

He also owns two properties in the GTA. I guess he's really eating off of that organization.:damn:

He also owns two properties in the GTA. I guess he's really eating off of that organization.:damn:

Organization money. The Somali centre in Ottawa gets around $800K per year in funding according to an employee who works there. And the Somali "owner" originally from Minneapolis hires mostly volunteers. :deadrose:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
:feedme:Can anyone of you 2 share and drop your opinion in here please and tell me what clans dominate Ottawa or Toronto.

Thank you kindly.

Duchess

VIP
Abdi,
He keeps it in the family. His wife works at the organization too.:cryinglaughsmiley:

Sensei FOH, quite sure clan demographics play a big role here. Theres no way 2 somalis get elected and one is left out.

But they're all from the same clan (Harti) and Hartis in Toronto are pretty united. Truth is a lot of people view a vote for NDP ( the party Faisal is running for) as a wasted vote. Not everything is about clan, buddy.:kobeok:

:feedme:Can anyone of you 2 share and drop your opinion in here please and tell me what clans dominate Ottawa or Toronto.

Thank you kindly.

I agree with AbdiJohnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts