Tracking the 3 Somali-Canadians running for Canadian parliament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Won't that logic actually work against Abdul Abdi seeing that NDP has 20% in his district while the liberals have 43%??
He may get 40% of the vote but still lose because NDP voters chose to go liberal at the last moment.
Check this out:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...anning-to-vote-strategically/article26343579/

In Abdul Abdi's case, his riding was a Conservative stronghold for about a decade and his has the backing of former Conservative MP John Baird ( who won 45% of the vote in 2011). He could win. It doesn't seem likely, but it could happen.

Duchess

VIP
It isn't the right time for him to win. One thing that's against him; he isn't a second generation.
:comeon:

Neither is Abdi Warsame, but he still won. Many underestimate the number of Somalis in Ahmed Hussen's riding. There's no doubt in my mind that he will win.

Duchess

VIP
He supports gay marriage so yes, he's a Liberal Muslim

:comeon: Gay marriage is legal in Canada. Canada is a secular country. Supporting gay marriage does not make you a 'liberal' Muslim. It makes you a reasonable person.

:comeon: Gay marriage is legal in Canada. Canada is a secular country. Supporting gay marriage does not make you a 'liberal' Muslim. It makes you a reasonable person.

Gay marriage can be legal and you can still be against it. Just like how I'm against abortion despite it being legal.

Just because something is legal doesn't mean 100% will support it.

Ahmed Hussen is pro gay marriage.

There are many politicians, maybe even within the Liberal parties, who don't support gay marriage. It's disappointing Ahmed supports it. Conservative Somalis in Canada shouldn't support/vote for Ahmed.

There are many politicians, maybe even within the Liberal parties, who don't support gay marriage. It's disappointing Ahmed supports it. Conservative Somalis in Canada shouldn't support/vote for Ahmed.

Somalis always vote Liberal. Dream on CIArabman

Duchess

VIP
Gay marriage can be legal and you can still be against it. Just like how I'm against abortion despite it being legal.

Just because something is legal doesn't mean 100% will support it.

Ahmed Hussen is pro gay marriage.

How can you compare abortion to gay marriage? Marriage in Canada is not a religious institution. If Buddhists, Wiccans, Atheists etc can get married then why can't two consenting adults of the same gender? Furthermore, gay marriage is already legal and has been for well over a decade. It's a non-issue in Canada. Call me when Ahmed Hussen supports gay marriage in Somalia or any other Muslim majority country.

How can you compare abortion to gay marriage? Marriage in Canada is not a religious institution. If Buddhists, Wiccans, Atheists etc can get married then why can't two consenting adults of the same gender? Furthermore, gay marriage is already legal and has been for well over a decade. It's a non-issue in Canada. Call me when Ahmed Hussen supports gay marriage in Somalia or any other Muslim majority country.

If you support gay marriage in one country, you support it everywhere. It goes without saying.

One MP in Somalia supports gay marriage. It won't be long before many give their support to. :)

Duchess

VIP
If you support gay marriage in one country, you support it everywhere. It goes without saying.

One MP in Somalia supports gay marriage. It won't be long before many give their support to. :)

You're wrong. I think gay marriage should be legal in secular states but oppose its legalisation in non-secular states.

You're wrong. I think gay marriage should be legal in secular states but oppose its legalisation in non-secular states.

It's inevitable that gay marriage will be legal in Somalia.

I have seen with my own eyes clansmen who stormed a prison to release a gay guy. He was out by dinner time.

Duchess

VIP
It's inevitable that gay marriage will be legal in Somalia.

I have seen with my own eyes clansmen who stormed a prison to release a gay guy. He was out by dinner time.

The day that happens, Somalis will revert back to Waaqism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending