TPP

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

syntax

What's everyones thoughts/opinions on this document. Are you okay with your government signing the TPP or nah. If not, state why you aren't.

SuldaanMethylamine

Scheming from Salaxley
Haven't read much into it, but with the current state of our economy I don't think it's something that Canada should have signed. I was at a talk a couple weeks ago that discussed how Harper's government signed to a free trade agreement with South Korea earlier this year; and while it was expected that it would help boost our economy by increasing movement to and from Korea, figures have shown that it has only resulted in an increase in imports from South Korea and a decrease in exports to South Korea. I would assume the same kind of effect would happen with this new agreement, so I would say I'm not okay with the government signing the TPP.

i'm not too read on the tpp but i'm not for it for example outsourcing of american jobs to those in the far east, and the prices increasing for medicines in poor nations. i know wall street and major pharmaceutical companies support this stupid trade agreemetn.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
It is similar to the TTIP which I hope crashes and burns. It is designed to take power further away from the people. In essence, countries who sign the deal would only be democratic by name. The TPP & TTIP pose an enormous threat to our food safety standards, national labour legislations, health care and etc.

Do whatever you can to fight these agreements or you will be mighty sorry.

S

syntax

@RedStar I completely agree sxb. I feel like the TPP is about shifting the ownership of countries from their citizens towards the corporations. I mean this shit was written by industry lobbyists :/ It's just a massive power grab by corporations dressed as a free trade agreement.

I think the comic on this website kind of explains it the best. http://economixcomix.com/home/tpp/

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
@RedStar I completely agree sxb. I feel like the TPP is about shifting the ownership of countries from their citizens towards the corporations. I mean this shit was written by industry lobbyists :/ It's just a massive power grab by corporations dressed as a free trade agreement.

I think the comic on this website kind of explains it the best. http://economixcomix.com/home/tpp/

Damn! That was a long comic. Very informative, thanks for sharing it.
It is such a coincidence that he mentions the Australia v Phillip Morris case. I watched John Oliver's take on Big Tobacco last night. Those slimy cunts sued Uruguay and Togo as well :Sutehja:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts