Toxic work culture is x100 worse at big/prestigues companies, be very very careful

I wanted to get into accounting/financial services instead of engineering so I went out with my friend and some of his co-workers who are in the industry. They're all at a prestigious company, one of the big 4, so I knew they'd be cunts but fucking hell. It was so much worse than I could've imagined.

They were some of the most passive-aggressive, vindictive, bıtchy and judgemental pussies I've met in life. They belittled and subtly humiliated each other at every opportunity.

The ring-leader was a bald 30 something yr old coke-head who'd recently become a manager. I told him about my interest in applying at company and he gave me some pretty solid advice + he knew my friend, so win win.

But he tried to shit-talk my friend whilst he was away thinking I'd just laugh it off like everyone else. I instantly ran my hand over his sweaty scalp in a jokey manner and just watched the life drain out of this cadaan cµnt's face. I told my friend was he'd said soon as he got back and baldy shat himself a second time.

I went from being 100% sure about applying to this company to wanting nothing to do with it in less than 5hrs.

Do your homework before you apply to some of these companies. Their staff turnover is a high for a reason.

Last edited:

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
That makes sense since there's stiff competition you need to have a kiss up kick down attitude until you reach mid level where you can be comfortable if you no longer have ambition.

That makes sense since there's stiff competition you need to have a kiss up kick down attitude until you reach mid level where you can be comfortable if you no longer have ambition.
That's what I thought, but apparently your success in the company is determined by qualifying and the quality of your work. Particularly during busy-season. The big four just seem to attract absolute fucking cunts, with the exception of a few decent people obviously.

The vast majority of people I've met who went to top unis (red brick) seem to be completely insufferable f-ggots with the world's biggest chimp on their shoulder. It's the typical middle-class cadaan smugness on steroids. It's not even competetiveness, it's just pure malice wallahi.

As immature as it sounds, the only thing that made my interaction with those pieces of shit bearable was knowing that I could absolutely mangle them in a fight if they ran their mouth off too much.

I'm in engineering, never experienced any of the above culture a part from some ass holes from time to time.. For us it's straightforward business no kiss up or anything, people will respect you if you know your stuff and know how to handle your job.

Last edited:
I'm in engineering, never experienced any of the above culture a part from some ass holes from time to time.. For us it's straightforward business no kiss up or anything, people will respect you if you know your stuff and know to handle your job.
That level of psychopathy isn't prevalent in engineering wallahi, it's just austitic Pajeets and physics nerds lol. I've noticed that people like them are normally drawn to finance, marketing and medicine.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Oh man I remember the big4 experience. Legit some of the most xasiid people I've ever met and it absolutely took me off ever working in finance. You have folks in their 20's living on a shitty wage in a dingy room share getting abused by their seniors just so they can work for Delloite or JP Morgan.

I heard the offers after a year or two in them are great but I could never do that, I ain't built for it. I'd probably go crazy and take a shank to management and the auditing department.

Oh man I remember the big4 experience. Legit some of the most xasiid people I've ever met and it absolutely took me off ever working in finance. You have folks in their 20's living on a shitty wage in a dingy room share getting abused by their seniors just so they can work for Delloite or JP Morgan.

I heard the offers after a year or two in them are great but I could never do that, I ain't built for it. I'd probably go crazy and take a shank to management and the auditing department.
I thought the guys I know who work in finance were exaggerating when they told me about the level of toxicity at those places. If anything they underplayed. They got under my skin in less than 5hrs, I'd probably get sacked for attacking one of them if I spent a fortnight with them. Cold-bloodied, reptilian motherfuckers wallahi

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I thought the guys I know who work in finance were exaggerating when they told me about the level of toxicity at those places. If anything they underplayed. They got under my skin in less than 5hrs, I'd probably get sacked for attacking one of them if I spent a fortnight with them. Cold-bloodied, reptilian motherfuckers wallahi

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't think anyone is exaggerating, people there are either miserable cunts or genuine human waste. It's like stepping into a cult only they hold a facade of being happy for the poor interns giddy with excitement. I still get queasy everytime I remember those wrinkled faces with fake smiles discussing how they're going to get wasted on alcohol to forget everything. Half of them are one discussion with the manager away from a mental breakdown. I got the full big4 in Central London experience and boy was it fucking scary, I don't want to ever end up like that.

I'd just recommend he save his mental health and go to a smaller firm in a cheap city. What's the point of a job if you can't live your life.

I don't think anyone is exaggerating, people there are either miserable cunts or genuine human waste. It's like stepping into a cult only they hold a facade of being happy for the poor interns giddy with excitement. I still get queasy everytime I remember those wrinkled faces with fake smiles discussing how they're going to get wasted on alcohol to forget everything. Half of them are one discussion with the manager away from a mental breakdown. I got the full big4 in Central London experience and boy was it fucking scary, I don't want to ever end up like that.

I'd just recommend he save his mental health and go to a smaller firm in a cheap city. What's the point of a job if you can't live your life.
I've seen my friends going through the unrelenting nightmare that is busy-season and I'm surprised half the yearly intake don't rope themselves in toilet stalls. Everyone just wants to qualify there and f*ck off to a smaller firm from what I've gathered. Don't know how you did it sxb, I imagine it's x10 worse in London. I'm sticking with engineering :drakekidding:

Anybody is who isn't complacent is usually recruited by another firm after 2-3 years

I wanted to get into accounting/financial services instead of engineering so I went out with my friend and some of his co-workers who are in the industry. They're all at a prestigious company, one of the big 4, so I knew they'd be cunts but fucking hell. It was so much worse than I could've imagined.

They were some of the most passive-aggressive, vindictive, bıtchy and judgemental pussies I've met in life. They belittled and subtly humiliated each other at every opportunity.

The ring-leader was a bald 30 something yr old coke-head who'd recently become a manager. I told him about my interest in applying at company and he gave me some pretty solid advice + he knew my friend, so win win.

But he tried to shit-talk my friend whilst he was away thinking I'd just laugh it off like everyone else. I instantly ran my hand over his sweaty scalp in a jokey manner and just watched the life drain out of this cadaan cµnt's face. I told my friend was he'd said soon as he got back and baldy shat himself a second time.

I went from being 100% sure about applying to this company to wanting nothing to do with it in less than 5hrs.

Do your homework before you apply to some of these companies. Their staff turnover is a high for a reason.
If you run your own business, you wouldn’t experience this