Toxic masculinity exists

The American Psychological Association has this to say:

" A 2011 study led by Kristen Springer, PhD, of Rutgers University, found that men with the strongest beliefs about masculinity were only half as likely as men with more moderate masculine beliefs to get preventive health care "

" And in 2007, researchers led by James Mahalik, PhD, of Boston College, found that the more men conformed to masculine norms, the more likely they were to consider as normal risky health behaviors such as heavy drinking, using tobacco and avoiding vegetables, and to engage in these risky behaviors themselves "

" This masculine reluctance toward self-care extends to psychological help. Research led by Omar Yousaf, PhD, found that men who bought into traditional notions of masculinity were more negative about seeking mental health services than those with more flexible gender attitudes "

Its a wonderful article (https://www.apa.org/monitor/2019/01/ce-corner)

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
It’s a good thing
masculinity is a good thing, toxic masculinity isn’t.

I’d imagine toxic masculinity is when you’re too prideful for your own good. It’s good to be humble once in a while and admit defeat or ask for help.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
D105ECA0-0070-4755-A04D-1058CB2DB346.jpeg

masculinity is a good thing, toxic masculinity isn’t.

I’d imagine toxic masculinity is when you’re too prideful for your own good. It’s good to be humble once in a while and admit defeat or ask for help.

The prophet s.a.w was the epitomy of masculinity.

Strong, but forgiving and kind.

Stoic, but showed emotions when needed, such as expressing joy and love towards family ect.

Brave, but humble and modest.

The problem with some men's definition of what it is to be masculine is that there is no room for kindness, decency and modesty. It's very one dimensional, almost caricature like, they also have the same toxic view of femininity.

Before anyone attacks me, i'm fully advocating for men to act like men and for women to act like women. Its just that some people peddle toxic masculinity and femininity as the ideal.

Last edited:
The prophet s.a.w was the epitomy of masculinity.

Strong, but forgiving and kind.

Stoic, but showed emotions when needed, such as expressing joy and love towards family ect.

Brave, but humble and modest.

The problem with some men's definition of what it is to be masculine is that there is no room for kindness, decency and modesty. It's very one dimensional, almost caricature like, they also have the same toxic view of femininity.

Before anyone attacks me, i'm fully advocating for men to act like men and for women to act like women. Its just that some people peddle toxic masculinity and femininity as the ideal.
A lot have been brainwashed by people around them with distorted views on what masculinity is, and those people do it mainly to feel superior to others

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The American Psychological Association has this to say:

" A 2011 study led by Kristen Springer, PhD, of Rutgers University, found that men with the strongest beliefs about masculinity were only half as likely as men with more moderate masculine beliefs to get preventive health care "

" And in 2007, researchers led by James Mahalik, PhD, of Boston College, found that the more men conformed to masculine norms, the more likely they were to consider as normal risky health behaviors such as heavy drinking, using tobacco and avoiding vegetables, and to engage in these risky behaviors themselves "

" This masculine reluctance toward self-care extends to psychological help. Research led by Omar Yousaf, PhD, found that men who bought into traditional notions of masculinity were more negative about seeking mental health services than those with more flexible gender attitudes "

Its a wonderful article (https://www.apa.org/monitor/2019/01/ce-corner)

@Distant1 I am surprised u r not a bitter feminist in this thread. Your point is feeling sorry for the stubborn men as opposed to usually ranting about them. U actually want your men to be healthy. Mashlaaah

@Distant1 I am surprised u r not a bitter feminist in this thread. Your point is feeling sorry for the stubborn men as opposed to usually ranting about them. U actually want your men to be healthy. Mashlaaah
Yeah i take mental health seriously and i like to listen to all arguments.

Trending