Top movies of the decade?!

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
The world has seen massive films and exquisite performances over the last ten years.

Here's my list:
  1. JOKER (2019): My absolute favourite movie of the decade, nothing comes close to this masterpiece of a picture. I knew Joaquin Phoenix had the talent to arm wrestle the likes of DiCaprio and Daniel Day Lewis. Massive respect.
  2. Mad Max Fury Road (2015): this movie is blast and a half: You don’t just watch it, you rock out to it. Michael Bay (Mr Explosion) will never have the talent to deliver such masterpiece. I applaud this movie's Aussie Director Mr Miller.
  3. Avengers Endgame (2019): I hate comic book movies but I changed my mind after watching this action packed cinematic orchestra.
  4. Wolf of Wall Street (2013): This movie keeps you excited from the first minute to the last. DiCaprio's best movie of decade in my opinion. Forget that greasy bearded guy from the REVENANT.
  5. Pk (2014): Bollywood movies are absolute trash but Amir Khan is a beast. He chooses his scripts wisely and delivers terrific performances.
  6. Django Unchained (2012): This movie made me watch more captivating Tarantino Movies. Terrific picture.
  7. Lincoln (2012): How can I miss the legendary actor Daniel Day Lewis and his masterpiece of a film: Lincoln. One my favourite movies of the decade.
  8. Kabir Singh (2019): Even though some critics called this movie misogynistic and ignited debate on toxic masculinity, it's one my favourite movies of the decade and the performance of the lead actor Shahid Kapoor is marvelous, absolutely breathtaking. I knew the explosion of such talent was imminent.
  9. Baby Driver (2017): This movie is rock and roll throughout the entirety of the film. Well choreographed action sequences with a masterfully composed music.
  10. Nightcrawler (2014): This movie is one of the best noir films I have seen. The movie revolves around a sociopath, Louis Bloom (played by Jake Gyllenhaal) who finds out that being a stringer is a perfect job for someone with his ambitions. The movie feels so real in its depiction of the media, the way news agencies can turn events into something entirely different to improve their ratings.

What's your favourite movies of the decade?!

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Dance with the Joker in his symbolic descent into chaos.

Last edited:

The_Kong Dong

Somalia First!
Here are a few of my favorites:samwelcome:

500full.jpg

1456940834087.jpg

aEkjL30e_700w_0.jpg

https://i1.wp.com/www.die-screaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/X-Men-XXX--Parody.jpg?resize=500%2C702

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Rah....you watch and love Bollywood movies?

Shame.
I watch the meaningful ones. Aamir Khan, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor. Those actors brought Bollywood to life nowadays.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Here are a few of my favorites:samwelcome:

500full.jpg

1456940834087.jpg

aEkjL30e_700w_0.jpg

https://i1.wp.com/www.die-screaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/X-Men-XXX--Parody.jpg?resize=500%2C702
Nice list even though all of them are comic book based movies.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Agreed on Mad Max Fury Road, that was the ultimate action movie :wow:
I refused to stand up from this masterpiece and go to the toilet. It was an eye boggling joy ride.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
:trumpsmirk:

Velvet Buzzsaw
The Dirt
6 underground
Mr. Church :frdfvsb:
jumanji
:yacadiim: weird choice of movies.... But are these the top movies of the decade in your opinion?!! Maybe you didn't see the title of the thread?

:yacadiim: weird choice of movies.... But are these the top movies of the decade in your opinion?!! Maybe you didn't see the title of the thread?

top movies of the top of my head, sure haha.

for the decade, i believe so.
:comeon: rarely do you stumble across a gem like velvet buzzsaw, or the dirt..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
NIGHTCRAWLER and Hardcore Henry were my favourites

The former gave a surreal feeling and kept me on the edge while the other was just pure violence and amazing action.

Spiderman: into the spiderverse wins best animation

Blade runner 2049 (Barkhad Abdi strikes again)

BlacKKKlansman

Guardians of the Galaxy 1&2

SICARIO

Honourable mentions include The Raid and Spider-Man homecoming

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
12 years a slave (2013)
The Favorite (2018)
Her (2013)
Birdman (2014)
Madmax Fury Road (2015)
Whiplash (2014)
Prisoners (2013)
The Handmaiden (2016)
Shame (2011)
Hateful eight (2015)
Arrival (2016)
Inside Out (2015)
Manchester by the sea (2016)
Under the skin (2013)
Lala Land (2016)
Snowpiercer (2013)
Logan (2017)
Nightcrawler (2014)
Coco (2018)
Grand Budapest hotel (2014)
Once Upon a time in Hollywood (2019)
Drive (2011)
The Irishmen (2019)
Into the Spiderverse (2018)
The Revenant (2015)
First Reformed (2017)
Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
Edit: can't believe I forgot to mention a Coen brothers film... Those Jews know how to make a damn movie so I'll add Inside Lywn Davies (2013) and True Grit (2010) to the list

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but I like artsy movies that get me thinking and can change my whole perception on certain things, were I can re-watch multiple times and still discover layers upon layers of themes and meaning. So my favorite of the decade might shift depending on what mood I'm in but if I had to pick two absolute perfect movies on that list it's either blade runner or grand Budapest hotel

Last edited:

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
12 years a slave (2013)
The Favorite (2018)
Her (2013)
Birdman (2014)
Madmax Fury Road (2015)
Whiplash (2014)
Prisoners (2013)
The Handmaiden (2016)
Shame (2011)
Hateful eight (2015)
Arrival (2016)
Inside Out (2015)
Manchester by the sea (2016)
Under the skin (2013)
Lala Land (2016)
Snowpiercer (2013)
Logan (2017)
Nightcrawler (2014)
Coco (2018)
Grand Budapest hotel (2014)
Once Upon a time in Hollywood (2019)
Drive (2011)
The Irishmen (2019)
Into the Spiderverse (2018)
The Revenant (2015)
First Reformed (2017)
Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
Edit: can't believe I forgot to mention a Coen brothers film... Those Jews know how to make a damn movie so I'll add Inside Lywn Davies (2013) and True Grit (2010) to the list

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but I like artsy movies that get me thinking and can change my whole perception on certain things, were I can re-watch multiple times and still discover layers upon layers of themes and meaning. So my favorite of the decade might shift depending on what mood I'm in but if I had to pick two absolute perfect movies on that list it's either blade runner or grand Budapest hotel
Oh man I can't believe I forgot about the revenant that was one of the best movies I've ever watched.

Trending