Top Down Federalism Is Failing Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Top Down Federalism that is being implemented from Mogadishu through centralizing the states is failing Somalia as a whole not just Mogadishu. The whole nation is being held back through this silly policy. We can still be unitary state but only once all regions have attained the same level of peace and development stage.

We need a bottom up approach. We need to divide Somalia into 5 parts for at least the next 20 years and have complete separation from each other politics. The South can work on it's own issues while Puntland can work on it's own issues. Somaliland can work on it's own issues. Once we have stable regions that are functioning, it's better to speak to each other then about our relationship. This current relationship of mixing up the states all together who have clearly different priorities is not workable. The south can not move anywhere in their land from Beletwayn to Kismaayo. They have the same 'priority' which is 'security' so they should form as one 'bloc' and be known as the south-central region with Mogadishu as their president. I as a Puntlander can't relate to Mogadishu president, isku baahi maba nihin. I can walk in my state anywhere I want, I am in a clear development 'stage'. I am past the 'security' stage of my districts. I am politically 'unified' and very different to Galmudug which isn't.

So Puntland needs to be zoned out as separate territory with it's own priorities. Same goes for Somaliland. Galmudug has it's own priorities which is 'political unity' between Habar gedir, we cannot share the same government therefore we need to give them also a different 'zone' maybe we can call it the 'central zone'.

Divide Somalia up into the following category by assessing which 'regions' share the same priorities.

Southern Zone(kismayo to beletwayn) waa isku baahi which is amni. So they can be one bloc.
Central Zone. Galmudug. They can walk through their districts(mainly except harardheere) create a new zone for Galmudug and call them 'central zone' waa isku baahi, heeshish kama dhaxayso. They need political unity and political maturity development.
Eastern Zone. This can be puntland which is past the security and political maturity stage and is in the development phase.
Northern Zone. Let them do their own thing.

We will wait then for 20 years till all regions reach the same level of stability security wise, political wise, and development wise. Then we will sit down to discuss a unified state and how that will look. At least then we will have states that are actually functioning talking to each other plus we will have the same priorities by then which is development therefore this will cause 'negiotations and consensus' to develop between all regions because we will all be eager to enter the next phase of development cycle.

I am against complete separation of Somalia, it's silly. People just need to cool off and spend time on their own regions and fix it up and bring all regions to the same level and then we can talk about our relationship.

Agreed. There is no reason why a volatile capital that’s been in perpetual chaos should suck all the energy of the country when other states are ready to move on and develop

it’s like an infected leg that needs to be amputated at this point

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Agreed. There is no reason why a volatile capital that’s been in perpetual chaos should suck all the energy of the country when other states are ready to move on and develop

it’s like an infected leg that needs to be amputated at this point

I wouldn't say amputate the south. They have their own priorities which is different to yours. That's where the conflict is arising. You are not seeing any benefit from the arrangement because you feel your regions are not at the same stage as they are. I agree on that. That's why we need to create states based on 'same priorities'. From kismayo to Beletwayn and everything in between has one priority right now. It's to remove shabab from it's town and be able to walk freely without 'bomb attacks'. That's a priority.

Let the Mogadishu president deal with that 'zone' as his main focus. Let's not pile up political matters on top of his urgent tasks, they can wait maybe in 20 years we can talk to Mogadishu about those matters, but lets give them breathing room to sort out their 'zone' that's what I prefer to call it. Because each 'zone' has the same 'priority'.

For example the central zone and galmudug priority is at least 15 years of political development and political maturity. They have left the security stage at least but they have not crossed the political maturity stage. They still employ checkpoints and have constant disagreements leading to wars always. They need time to be left alone for 15-20 years to develop the political maturity while the south can be left alone for 20 years to ensure it's security. Puntland can be left alone to 'develop' because they are in a development stage.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Let's hold one meeting to discuss how foreign matters will be handled. Let each state be given 20 year temporary arrangement to handle their own foreign affair and aid matters till the nation as a whole reaches the same stage in 20 years when all regions are safe, politically matured, and developing. Once those milestones are reached in each state, we can remove this temporary situation and discuss unifying Somalia. At least there is something to unify then, we all have all the regions at the same level then. They will have some commonality to discuss which will lead to quick negiotation and quick resolutions of matters. But right now, it's impossible to talk with each region being at different stages of their development.

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?
This might work, but you need to make sure that a situation, like in SL, where the kids are taught to hate a united Somalia is prevented. Also, once this happens Somalia will NEVER EVER exist, unless the states are forcefully reunited, e.g Prussian style, but by seeing what Somali's are capable of, this will never occur. Also, once Mogadisho has PL, JL and South west state's removed, they will see a very rapid development, resulting in mass migration towards there, causing brain drain and lack of people living there- which will be used by some khat chewing idiot to justify an attack there.

I wouldn't say amputate the south. They have their own priorities which is different to yours. That's where the conflict is arising. You are not seeing any benefit from the arrangement because you feel your regions are not at the same stage as they are. I agree on that. That's why we need to create states based on 'same priorities'. From kismayo to Beletwayn and everything in between has one priority right now. It's to remove shabab from it's town and be able to walk freely without 'bomb attacks'. That's a priority.

Let the Mogadishu president deal with that 'zone' as his main focus. Let's not pile up political matters on top of his urgent tasks, they can wait maybe in 20 years we can talk to Mogadishu about those matters, but lets give them breathing room to sort out their 'zone' that's what I prefer to call it. Because each 'zone' has the same 'priority'.

For example the central zone and galmudug priority is at least 15 years of political development and political maturity. They have left the security stage at least but they have not crossed the political maturity stage. They still employ checkpoints and have constant disagreements leading to wars always. They need time to be left alone for 15-20 years to develop the political maturity while the south can be left alone for 20 years to ensure it's security. Puntland can be left alone to 'develop' because they are in a development stage.
That’s a good idea but it sounds like Balkanization lol. not that i care at this point though :kanyeshrug:it’s not like it can get any worse other than a full scale war again

at this point another war is more likely than united Somalia lol
a war wouldn’t be bad. The problem with Somali wars is they’re anti climatic with no real resolution. They fought the last one for like 15 years straight and still had more rebellion in them. If a war could be the end all to all conflicts.. I’d prefer it to the status quo :browtf:

Tjioux

the pussy is never yours, its just your turn.
Top Down Federalism that is being implemented from Mogadishu through centralizing the states is failing Somalia as a whole not just Mogadishu. The whole nation is being held back through this silly policy. We can still be unitary state but only once all regions have attained the same level of peace and development stage.

We need a bottom up approach. We need to divide Somalia into 5 parts for at least the next 20 years and have complete separation from each other politics. The South can work on it's own issues while Puntland can work on it's own issues. Somaliland can work on it's own issues. Once we have stable regions that are functioning, it's better to speak to each other then about our relationship. This current relationship of mixing up the states all together who have clearly different priorities is not workable. The south can not move anywhere in their land from Beletwayn to Kismaayo. They have the same 'priority' which is 'security' so they should form as one 'bloc' and be known as the south-central region with Mogadishu as their president. I as a Puntlander can't relate to Mogadishu president, isku baahi maba nihin. I can walk in my state anywhere I want, I am in a clear development 'stage'. I am past the 'security' stage of my districts. I am politically 'unified' and very different to Galmudug which isn't.

So Puntland needs to be zoned out as separate territory with it's own priorities. Same goes for Somaliland. Galmudug has it's own priorities which is 'political unity' between Habar gedir, we cannot share the same government therefore we need to give them also a different 'zone' maybe we can call it the 'central zone'.

Divide Somalia up into the following category by assessing which 'regions' share the same priorities.

Southern Zone(kismayo to beletwayn) waa isku baahi which is amni. So they can be one bloc.
Central Zone. Galmudug. They can walk through their districts(mainly except harardheere) create a new zone for Galmudug and call them 'central zone' waa isku baahi, heeshish kama dhaxayso. They need political unity and political maturity development.
Eastern Zone. This can be puntland which is past the security and political maturity stage and is in the development phase.
Northern Zone. Let them do their own thing.

We will wait then for 20 years till all regions reach the same level of stability security wise, political wise, and development wise. Then we will sit down to discuss a unified state and how that will look. At least then we will have states that are actually functioning talking to each other plus we will have the same priorities by then which is development therefore this will cause 'negiotations and consensus' to develop between all regions because we will all be eager to enter the next phase of development cycle.

I am against complete separation of Somalia, it's silly. People just need to cool off and spend time on their own regions and fix it up and bring all regions to the same level and then we can talk about our relationship.
I like this idea, good DR:nvjpqts:

This idea is extremely absurd, both on the surface and in practice, for a couple reasons.

Separating them into different regions with "separate politics" is not achievable at all, there is zero chance you can separate politics from the different regions. All that will happen is you will see different political issues being disputed, and probably many of the same. If you separate, how does each region get its share of foreign aid? Directly from the donors? Does each region have in place the basic infrastructure/institutions to utilise and account for those funds? No. Every region create its own government department? Where does it stop?

The whole purpose of a top level admin like Mogadishu is to provide many of these institutions so they are not implemented from scratch in every single region.

The failure of Mogadishu is once of competence and inability to even make a mark on one issue be it security, economics, corruption, education...anything.

Somalia needs FUNDS. If Mogadishu had plenty of cash they could keep those regions at bay. The problem in Somalia is that unlike any other poor/developing country they do not not control/have ownership of some of the extremely important and profitable industries like telecommunicaiton, electricity etc.

Somali government needs to NATIONALIZE Hormuud, not only for the revenue, but to prevent Al-Shabaab misusing the telecom infrastructure for their activities. It is insane how Al Shabab brazenly shakedown businesses and ask them to pay via mobile money, this stuff should be tracked and intelligence agencies should be on top of this stuff. I can go on and on....but basically Somali gov problem is one of lack of competence and focusing on wrong issues.

Somalis need a tribal war were the last qabil standing rules. Finish with this stalemate.

We all know who will win:siilaanyolaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending