Top 18 of the Largest cities in Somalia by population

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast

Your Bossaso number does not correspond to the one in the reference you've linked it to. That link has Bossaso at around 164k people, which wouldn't be in your top 10 above.

Not saying that I know what the true Bossaso number is, just that your numbers and references dont add up.

That is the first one I spotted that didn't correspond, I suspect several others dont either.

Manafesto

VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Xamar has at least 2.5 million

This is fake sxb

Mogadishu is only 1.5 million at most, we Somalis exaggerate our numbers without a census,Houston has a poplution of 2.7 million and is the 4th most populous city in America, you really think a 14 sqaure KM city can hold 2.5 million while Houston is 637.5 Sqaure Miles?:drakekidding:

Burco which is twice the size of Bosaso and third Largest city after Mogadishu and Hargeisa is 320k and Bosaso 750k which is half of Burco, who are you fooling sxb.

Burco is by far the third largest city with the largest population after Xamar and Hargeisa,

Burco at 50000ft above

k61m27Z.jpg

Bosaso at 50000ft above

ScnGCxI.jpg

Bosaso become invisible

Lol these statistics are fake. Mogadishu population is a minimum of 2.5 million. 3 million max. The city is expanding rapidly in the north west region in the last 5 years in the afgooye direction. Burco and baydhabo are 3rd and 4th. Beledweyne, bosaaao kismaayo are similar in size.

Manafesto

VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Burco which is twice the size of Bosaso and third Largest city after Mogadishu and Hargeisa is 320k and Bosaso 750k which is half of Burco, who are you fooling sxb.

Burco is by far the third largest city with the largest population after Xamar and Hargeisa,

Burco at 50000ft above

k61m27Z.jpg

Bosaso at 50000ft above

ScnGCxI.jpg

Bosaso become invisible

Burco is smaller than Bossaso, look how bossaso overlaps on Burco.
1580931228910_compress9.jpg

Your Bossaso number does not correspond to the one in the reference you've linked it to. That link has Bossaso at around 164k people, which wouldn't be in your top 10 above.

Not saying that I know what the true Bossaso number is, just that your numbers and references dont add up.

That is the first one I spotted that didn't correspond, I suspect several others dont either.

Someone edited the Wikipedia page sxb, they vactually underestimated Bossaso poplution, the city is close to a million people now.:kanyeshrug:

Mogadishu 1.750.000
Hargeysa 900.000
Bosaso 750.000

Burco Gaalkacyo Baydhabo beledweyne are tied for me somewhere along the lines of 400.000

Boorame, Jawhar Kismaayo are around the 200.000
Everything else

Someone edited the Wikipedia page sxb, they vactually underestimated Bossaso poplution, the city is close to a million people now.:kanyeshrug:

What are you basing your Bosasso number on, if you don't mind me asking. Our people, regardless of which city/town they are from, have a tendency to significantly overestimate the town where they are from. I hope you are going by more than just your own personal estimation.

If we are going to create a credible list like this, it would require some objective sources. Sadly, objectivism and Somalis don't go together.

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
Mogadishu is only 1.5 million at most, we Somalis exaggerate our numbers without a census,Houston has a poplution of 2.7 million and is the 4th most populous city in America, you really think a 14 sqaure KM city can hold 2.5 million while Houston is 637.5 Sqaure Miles?:drakekidding:
The whole banadir state is 10 minutes drive thru
Screenshot_20200807-212219_Gallery.jpg
the red part is banadiri
chrisfreshhah.png

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP

Burco at 50000ft above

k61m27Z.jpg

Bosaso at 50000ft above

ScnGCxI.jpg

Bosaso become invisible
EFB8609C-9EB7-462C-AFC8-C6F2332050DB.png

I am more interested to know whether there are more Somalis living outside of Somalia, at least two generations have been born outside of Somalia now.

reer

VIP
xamar 2 million is believable when you see the city magaalo weyn weeye with a massive population

I am more interested to know whether there are more Somalis living outside of Somalia, at least two generations have been born outside of Somalia now.

Wikipedia (not trustworthy I know, but its a good start) shows the following:

Somalia
12,316,895​
Ethiopia
4,581,793​
Kenya
2,780,502​
Djibouti
534,000​
Yemen
500,000​
United States
170,192​
United Kingdom
250,000​
United Arab Emirates
90,900​
Oman
80,000​
Sweden
66,369​
Canada
62,550​
Tanzania
60,000​
Norway
43,196​
Uganda
41,515​
South Africa
40,000​
Netherlands
39,737​
Germany
38,675​
Saudi Arabia
67,500​
Egypt
22,709​
Denmark
21,210​
Finland
20,944​
Australia
16,169​
Italy
8,228​
Switzerland
7,025​
Austria
6,161​
Turkey
5,518​
Total Outside
9,554,893​

I've done the sum at the bottom, using the highest end of the range when the a country gives a range rather than the specific number.

DalsanJubiland

HartilandWaamoJoore
Xamar has at least 2.5 million

This is fake sxb
That is Fake populations Figure . City for more than 1 million would have Sewage system. Mogadishu don;t have sewage system. city with Million and no good sewage system would have been Slums like Nairobi and Calculate and you will see raw Sewage in the street.
It would be unbelievable if Mogadishu has 1 million with no sewage system.
Those figures are Fake to get money from International Community.
Maximum Population of Mogadishu is about 300, 000. the realistic figure.

Trending