Today was just a lovely day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
The weather was reasonable for a day in December, so I went for one of my nature walks at the park near my home.

There was a 60 year old Somali oday who was enjoying a little work break from his job. I talked with him for about 30 minutes. Such a sincere and caring man wallahi. He gave me advices and told me he was proud of my outlook in life and my accomplishment. that 30 minutes felt like 2 minutes because we were both enjoying the conversation so much.

I noticed I love talking to the elders, they have so much to share with us the younger generation. Please cherish the elderly in our community, don't just walk by when u see them but atleast try to engage a conversation with them. :)

VixR

Veritas
Tbh I've come close to asking if you're on happy pills or some shit a few times now (no polite way to do that), but I can appreciate your regard for old folk. They're my favorite age demographic after my own, particularly the 70-100 range.

Tbh I've come close to asking if you're on happy pills or some shit a few times now (no polite way to do that), but I can appreciate your regard for old folk. They're my favorite age demographic after my own, particularly the 70-100 range.
200.gif
he tokes whenever someone pisses him off. :damn:

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
The weather was reasonable for a day in December, so I went for one of my nature walks at the park near my home.

There was a 60 year old Somali oday who was enjoying a little work break from his job. I talked with him for about 30 minutes. Such a sincere and caring man wallahi. He gave me advices and told me he was proud of my outlook in life and my accomplishment. that 30 minutes felt like 2 minutes because we were both enjoying the conversation so much.

I noticed I love talking to the elders, they have so much to share with us the younger generation. Please cherish the elderly in our community, don't just walk by when u see them but atleast try to engage a conversation with them. :)
I'm glad you had a wonderful day. I should start catching up with elders too but I'm scared to communicate because my af somali is so horrible :(

I thought about it, and maybe it's not so much his approach/attitude, but the usage of these ":):):)" emojis. Something about them is just totally creepy and manic lol.
loool it does give a sarcastic vibe. I think that he's trying to push positivity in every interaction that he makes. Though being perpetually cheerful just screams insincerity. :russ:

VixR

Veritas
loool it does give a sarcastic vibe. I think that he's trying to push positivity in every interaction that he makes. Though being perpetually cheerful just screams insincerity. :russ:
My mind immediately jumped to a clinical explanation, which isn't right. There actually are impossibly cheerful people out there, and he could be one of them. I'm a bit of a cynic though, and something about it seemed like it was either substance-induced and/or a consciously sustained effort, like he's really trying. Not that I'm opposed either way. It's not like this forum doesn't have enough negativity or whatever.

My mind immediately jumped to a clinical explanation, which isn't right. There actually are impossibly cheerful people out there, and he could be one of them. I'm a bit of a cynic though, and something about it seemed like a it was either substance-induced and/or a consciously sustained effort, like he's really trying.
Antidepressants are a high possibility. :lolbron:. Unprescribed ones that is. Hard to believe that there are constantly happy people out there. Spreading their happiness and shit. Im a cynic aswell :francis:

VixR

Veritas
Antidepressants are a high possibility. :lolbron:. Unprescribed ones that is. Hard to believe that there are constantly happy people out there. Spreading their happiness and shit. Im a cynic aswell :francis:
No, they exist. You'd better believe it. Heck, cynics need the relatively upbeat to thrive, else you drown in a pool of your own cynicism wherein dark-Supz perpetually triumphs over light-Supz, and that's like something you should avoid happening, and all that jazz, bc balance.

No, they exist. You'd better believe it. Heck, cynics need the relatively upbeat to thrive, else you drown in a pool of your own cynicism wherein dark-Supz perpetually triumphs over light-Supz, and that's like something you should avoid happening, and all that jazz, bc balance.
yeah gurl dark supz will eat all of your chips and light supz will cook up some venison inundated with paprika and rosemary. :mjlol:. dark and light kulaha kkk. This isn't power rangers. lool I get upbeat from gaming its like my go to happy inducing substance after weed.

XoosBoos

Hiraab Commander
I also talk to elders in a local mosque. Many interesting stories of their lifes in Somalia. By doing that, my Somali will also improve.

VixR

Veritas
yeah gurl dark supz will eat all of your chips and light supz will cook up some venison inundated with paprika and rosemary. :mjlol:. dark and light kulaha kkk. This isn't power rangers. lool I get upbeat from gaming its like my go to happy inducing substance after weed.
:francis:
This is a normal reaction to being told you're a quasi joy-parasite, but yeah as a fellow cynic, I get you.

Venison is actually amazing, especially as jerky so I'm already rooting for light-Supz lol.

:francis:
This is a normal reaction to being told you're a quasi joy-parasite, but yeah as a fellow cynic, I get you.

Venison is actually amazing, especially as jerky so I'm already rooting for light-Supz lol.
Yeah its macaan. I actually successfully made some medium rare venison steak with potatoes and asparagus last week. The meat cut is much leaner and more delicious. :wow1:. Definitely recommend it. Healthier too.

VixR

Veritas
Yeah its macaan. I actually successfully made some medium rare venison steak with potatoes and asparagus last week. The meat cut is much leaner and more delicious. :wow1:. Definitely recommend it. Healthier too.
Try comparing it to a fatter cut (actual fat) I've tried rare to medium meat, but I always prefer it well done but with its natural fat. Idk if I made sense.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I thought about it, and maybe it's not so much his approach/attitude, but the usage of these ":):):)" emojis. Something about them is just totally creepy and manic lol.
Yeah, the smileys are kind of off-putting, aren't they?
It's essentially the online equivalent of someone constantly grinning during conversations, and never giving their face a break.
I would turn tail and leave immediately upon encountering a person like that, regardless of how well meaning they are. I'm not risking being beheaded and having my madax put up like a plaque on a potential serial killer's wall :icon lol:

Antidepressants make people joyful? Isn't it the opposite?

Anyway, old people are very interesting to talk to specially if you know you speak the language, know the culture well, and have lived in Somalia. I guess even if you haven't lived in Somalia/Somaliland, it's still interesting because many of the stories come off as novelties.

Antidepressants make people joyful? Isn't it the opposite?

Anyway, old people are very interesting to talk to specially if you know you speak the language, know the culture well, and have lived in Somalia. I guess even if you haven't lived in Somalia/Somaliland, it's still interesting because many of the stories come off as novelties.
Not joyful, they actually make you feel numb/indifferent.

I agree older folks are the best to talk to, I learned everything I know socially/culturally from my grandmother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending