Today i yelled at Somali parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in an area where there are about 8 Somali families.

I was walking to the store and I saw young kids riding their Bicycles without helmets and other safety gear.

So i crossed the street and approached their parents and asked why they were letting their kids ride without helmets.

The man who looked like the father answers me and says Maxaa kaa galay.

I tried not to get mad infront of the kids and told this father kusheeg to walk with me a little further.

When we were out of earshot of the kids, i said to him, 'are u Axmaq, u are letting your kids play on the road without helmet and and don't care'.

Before he could say anything, i raised my voice again and said to him:

'Adeer, if I see your kids without helmet markaan suuqa kasoo noqdo, waa igu dhaar Police iyo Child services baan wacayaa, waana lagu xirayaa".

And then I walked away to goto the store. When I walked back 20 minutes later, the kids were inside the house.

Was i wrong for yelling at the father?

Don't teach people how to parent . That's a sensitive issue :chrisfreshhah:I bet that nigga was fuming :damn:
I understand that, and I try not to tell others how to raise their kids, but these kids were riding on the road without helmets.

And this father was just standing there playing with cellphone not paying attention.

I really got upset seeing that.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
You did the right thing, neglectful parents come in every ethnicity. But I notice a lot of the new arrivals have a totally hands off approach to parenting. Maybe that technique is ok in rural Africa, but usually somalis live in dense and urban areas in the west, and the hands off approach is just unacceptable.

I notice they're (FOBS) also extremely submissive to white authority, maybe lack of english skills? He's not worried about his son or daughter skull being shattered in a million pieces, but God forbid a middle aged white social worker come visit his house and do a simple welfare check on his kids. :ulachen001:

Last edited:
It depends what the road is like. A lot of the roads near my house are empty 90% of the time and the kids play ball game in them. If there are cars zooming up and down, then to hell with that father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending