Tips on how to become smarter

Tips on how to build you knowledge and gain more? Exercise your brain muscles? Does anybody here try to gain knowledge without the pressure academics? How do you learn?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Do puzzles. watch tv game shows. read books,

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Be curious and develop a love for learning, books is a must in this case so I highly recommend Learning How to Learn by Barbara Oakley, it's a great place to start

You can also significantly improve your general intelligence by changing your behaviours. An intelligent person constantly and forever looks to improve themselves and expand their knowledge. Learning never stops, not even for a day. And interestingly, there is no upper limit on your intelligence! There are far too many neural connections to 'run out' of storage space in a lifetime.

Oh and ask questions (like you just did here)
never feel stupid for it. If you are genuinely interested in the answer, the majority of people will appreciate the opportunity to teach something to someone.

Last edited:
Do puzzles. watch tv game shows. read books,

ok, this guy has 3 degree and phd in philosophy yet he's a dumb. can u explain why?

also, can u explain how one percent of the population in the usa is controlling the 99 percent of the population?

Talent and IQ are real, but fear not since most likely you wont have sub 70 IQ.

Focussed and quality study is different from studying. It can be straining to do and will take considerable effort. The best method is spaced repetition. I wont go into detail but look it up.

Somehow we've returned back to the old style technique, your macalin employed to make you memorise the Quran. Repetitions over a long period of time. Retrieval, not absorption, is how you learn.

My credentials, if you need more convincing. Im completing a PhD in mathematics at famous uni in the UK.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Talent and IQ are real, but fear not since most likely you wont have sub 70 IQ.

Focussed and quality study is different from studying. It can be straining to do and will take considerable effort. The best method is spaced repetition. I wont go into detail but look it up.

Somehow we've returned back to the old style technique, your macalin employed to make you memorise the Quran. Repetitions over a long period of time. Retrieval, not absorption, is how you learn.

My credentials, if you need more convincing. Im completing a PhD in mathematics at famous uni in the UK.
I agree with you on everything except the IQ part, while you can say that IQ can be a somewhat useful measurement in evaluating people for certain characteristics it is not any more meaningful than a general aptitude test.

The political and social implications that IQ tests can measure "intelligence" is that you can determine a person's value and worth based on a simple number. Many things factor into IQ like environment, language etc and when you take it at face value people can use it to justify horrible and often times racist policies. You just can't judge someone's whole life experience with a number.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
ok, this guy has 3 degree and phd in philosophy yet he's a dumb. can u explain why?

also, can u explain how one percent of the population in the usa is controlling the 99 percent of the population?

The phd guy has xaar constipation

The 1% controlling the 99% is a normal human phenomenon.

Name one time in history where 99% rich and 1% poor.???

Nada. It is the way things are. Since the past empire, from Egypt, to Rome to Greece, Persia, China Majority are poor and minority are rich!

Frankly if u ask me, if we had 99% rich and 1 poor life would be horrible & the earth will be uninhabitable

The phd guy has xaar constipation

The 1% controlling the 99% is a normal human phenomenon.

Name one time in history where 99% rich and 1% poor.???

Nada. It is the way things are. Since the past empire, from Egypt, to Rome to Greece, Persia, China Majority are poor and minority are rich!

Frankly if u ask me, if we had 99% rich and 1 poor life would be horrible & the earth will be uninhabitable

so, u agree with me that only 1 percent of the population on earth are smart. why the qashin then:gucciwhat:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
so, u agree with me that only 1 percent of the population on earth are smart. why the qashin then:gucciwhat:

I disagree. And qashin u because i was irritated.

U r not born dumb or intelligent. The brain is like your muscles, if u take it to the gym or exercise u will be hot & musle-ly

I agree with you on everything except the IQ part, while you can say that IQ can be a somewhat useful measurement in evaluating people for certain characteristics it is not any more meaningful than a general aptitude test.

The political and social implications that IQ tests can measure "intelligence" is that you can determine a person's value and worth based on a simple number. Many things factor into IQ like environment, language etc and when you take it at face value people can use it to justify horrible and often times racist policies. You just can't judge someone's whole life experience with a number.

Well sub 70 IQ is a diagnostic criteria for mental retardation. I agree with you though. I agree with you 100%.

Apollo

VIP
u either born intelligent or dumb.

Nah, you can definitely raise your intelligence level by changing lifestyle (reading more good books, cleaning up your diet, exercising, cut back on drugs etc) . But there is an upper limit.