Tips for university

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
What course? If you have the option to do a sandwich year do it I'd genuinely say its more important than your first 2 years combined since a sandwich year will make you more desirable for recruiters. In some cases you might even get picked up by whoever you worked for in your sandwich year straight out of uni
Economics with a Year Abroad. It’s a target uni

induction

Nothing is true; everything is permitted
I am going to the whitest university in the UK in a couple of months. I’m fine with cadaan people though, I’ve basically assimilated into cadaan culture so it shouldn’t be a problem. Does anyone who’s already been or currently is in university have any tips for someone like me? Whether it be about wider student life or studying.
DON'T TAKE "BIRD" COURSES. I REPEAT , DON'T TAKE "BIRD" COURSES. if you don't know "bird" courses are like super easy GPA boosters people take, things like "gender studies" and such. i say don't take them because i took a course on "leadership" it was the stupidest thing and i still FAILED . just wasted money. take courses you are interested in and not ones you think are easy.

seldiboy

DON'T TAKE "BIRD" COURSES. I REPEAT , DON'T TAKE "BIRD" COURSES. if you don't know "bird" courses are like super easy GPA boosters people take, things like "gender studies" and such. i say don't take them because i took a course on "leadership" it was the stupidest thing and i still FAILED . just wasted money. take courses you are interested in and not ones you think are easy.
University in the UK doesn’t work like that. You apply to a degree programme at a university rather than just the university itself. The only thing I will be studying is Economics

induction

Nothing is true; everything is permitted
University in the UK doesn’t work like that. You apply to a degree programme at a university rather than just the university itself. The only thing I will be studying is Economics
oh, ok. still this applies. you might be given electives or you have to take for example one course from a list. Don't pick the easy ones because they are easy. that's what am tryna say, you will most likely do worse in those "easy" ones than the hard ones you like

I forgot to say join seo London is a charity that helps black ethnic students with their cv as well as giving masterclass from industries and job applications from seo candidate gets priority over others they also give recommendations

If your trying to get into investment banking you deffo need to do spring week and attend networking events in London where all the big banks are hosting for students, get your LinkedIn up and running and start networking

seldiboy

I forgot to say join seo London is a charity that helps black ethnic students with their cv as well as giving masterclass from industries and job applications from seo candidate gets priority over others they also give recommendations
Right ahead of you. Signed up this morning

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Make sure you're getting actual work experience and networking are the two most important steps to be successful post University.

Also make sure your degree will lead to a job in high demand.

Keep interests as hobbies.

Djokovic

Somali Arab
If your trying to get into investment banking you deffo need to do spring week and attend networking events in London where all the big banks are hosting for students, get your LinkedIn up and running and start networking
Investment banking is haram brudda

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
I’m not muslim but there are different sectors to IB. Many of which don’t entail the use of riba
Wow u r actually knowledgeable on islam, were u previously a eritrean muslim who converted to orthodoxy? Bcs many muslims i know dont about interest being haram.

seldiboy

Wow u r actually knowledgeable on islam, were u previously a eritrean muslim who converted to orthodoxy? Bcs many muslims i know dont about interest being haram.
nah was born orthodox but since many eritreans are muslim it helps to be mindful

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
join societies and clubs. Make new friends
I could only enjoy 1 year of university before the Covid lockdown ruined my uni life.
  1. Start doing your coursework early and don't leave it too late. I have done too many unnecessary all-nighters just because I was lazy as f*ck.
  2. Apply for internships in your 2nd year.
  3. Apply to graduate jobs as soon as you start your third/last year. I did this and had a job lined up before graduating last year. Some of my friends waited until they graduated to apply for jobs and they couldn't find any yet.
  4. Don't trust your "friends" with your coursework. I made the mistake of letting my friend see my work so he can use it as a reference. He copied all 26 pages, word for word and only changed the colours of my diagrams. WTF!!. Universities take cheating very seriously. Luckily, it was my first and only offence so they let it slide.
  5. Stay away from drugs, it's not worth it. I have never seen someone say they wished they did more. It's always regret

Trending

Latest posts