Tips for a newbie on the job market?

Thugnificent

Father, lover, scholar, landheer
Like the title says I'm fresh out of uni. And working my first fulltime job right now. I've never had more then 1k in my bank account. Any tips/thinks I should look out for? I'm also moving out soon.

Ahmed Ato

Self-interest
Being Father before 25
Congratulations Congrats GIF

Invest and have a side hustle that you invest like maybe save money to open a cafe in the homeland? or maybe start a gold company in Somalia?
First, the dumb mistake is to buy a car, first, buy a house then a car, or maybe buy a cheap car that gets the job done.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
It's probably not wise to move out as soon as you get a job. You need to be secure before you leave your home, including passing your new job probation period.

Thugnificent

It's probably not wise to move out as soon as you get a job. You need to be secure before you leave your home, including passing your new job probation period.
Thats the thing I'm waiting on. After that I'm leaving.

Thugnificent

Invest and have a side hustle that you invest like maybe save money to open a cafe in the homeland? or maybe start a gold company in Somalia?
First, the dumb mistake is to buy a car, first, buy a house then a car, or maybe buy a cheap car that gets the job done.
Starting a business backhome sounds troublesome as I'm not living nor planning to live there anytime soon. I'll probably just buy some (farm)land.

I'll probably never own a guuri in the west though. Average house costs like โ‚ฌ450k ๐Ÿ’€.

Thugnificent

Or maybe start a online business
Are there still niches people can get into though? It feels like every online business has been monopolized by dropshippers who burn through their own money making losses, pyramid schemes(herbal life, detorra etc) and massive companies(Amazon etc).
I feel like I'm David without stones in David vs Goliath. ๐Ÿ’€

Are there still niches people can get into though? It feels like every online business has been monopolized by dropshippers who burn through their own money making losses, pyramid schemes(herbal life, detorra etc) and massive companies(Amazon etc).
I feel like I'm David without stones in David vs Goliath. ๐Ÿ’€
Don't ask me nigga. These were all of my tips, I'm also a nigga trying to find a way to become rich :mjlol:
Ask the crypto guys @Apollo @JohnCena @Seviroth @TekNiKo @KobeBryant @Sheikh Google

World

VIP
Donโ€™t stay in your job for longer than a year, best way to increase your salary is to find another job especially in tech

Like the title says I'm fresh out of uni. And working my first fulltime job right now. I've never had more then 1k in my bank account. Any tips/thinks I should look out for? I'm also moving out soon.
Focus on your career for the next two to three years and have money saved up for at least six months of rent. At that point, you can probably move out without any real concerns.

Don't go to outings with friends that'll waste money.

If your job is technical, then focus on certifications that'll help you grow and get promoted.

If you're going the managerial route like me, focus on larger companies as they have more growth potential and grind to climb. Grinding for a smaller or mid level company is dumb as fk. You'll never grow anyway lol

Save up before moving out. Have an emergency fund and save a few months of rent, utilities and groceries before you move out

You never know what could happen and you donโ€™t wanna leave home just to return back a few months later

Marshall D Abdi

Know youโ€™re place peasant
Focus on your career for the next two to three years and have money saved up for at least six months of rent. At that point, you can probably move out without any real concerns.

Don't go to outings with friends that'll waste money.

If your job is technical, then focus on certifications that'll help you grow and get promoted.

If you're going the managerial route like me, focus on larger companies as they have more growth potential and grind to climb. Grinding for a smaller or mid level company is dumb as fk. You'll never grow anyway lol
We in the same boat, im doing business managament, if i ask what did u study in specefik?

Trending